Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Hunter's Woods - Staff applications open

Postby FallFiresideFirefly » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:30 am

Username: FallFiresideFirefly
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where your cats will live: There were once four great clans in the forest: Thunderclan, Shadowclan, Windclan, and Riverclan. They were chased out when Twolegs tore through their territory, ripping up the earth to build their dens. Moons upon moons have passed, and those who remembered the forest as it had been grew angry with the Twolegs who destroyed it. Banding together, these Twolegs turned the tides, causing the now abandoned maze of buildings to fall, restoring the territory to its former glory. However, the Twolegs were not the only ones to remember the forest. Snow, a white kittypet, along with her sister, Autumn, a loner called Flower, and a farmcat tom known as Sun returned, and rumor has it that a ways off in a lonely gorge, a tom named Cloud has settled down... Seasons later, the second leaf-bare is approaching. Snowstar, Autumnstar, Flowerstar, and Sunstar must find a way to protect their clans from the disasters plaguing each one - sickness, hunger, corruption, and war. Luckily, one of the medicine cats has just heard from Starclan for the first time since the clans began...

Fur type: Long fur
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: A large, stoic grey tabby. No preference for eye color or anything, so long as he’s a long-furred grey tabby! That’s really it!
FallFiresideFirefly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinxer » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:46 am

Username: cinderpelt20
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where your cats will live: marshclan is a swamp that can be found to the east of Oakclan and South of Roseclan. Because of the tunnels roseclan make, the dirt tends to slide downhill into marshclan. The cats of marshclan used to be mad about this but learned to use it to their advantage. They roll around in the mud to blend in with their surroundings. This is valuable in both hunting and fighting. The camp is a little more dry than the rest of the territory which is good for the elders and kits. Most dens are made from a mixture of twigs and mud around tree roots. First they lay down a nice thick layer of moss over the roots to keep the warmth inside then they lay the mixture of twig and mud which the cats like to call "splop" from the noise it makes.
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: something like this but maybe a shade or two darker
Cinxer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Levi~ » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:44 am

Username: ~Levi~
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where your cats will live:
Birch Clan is situated in the southern area of the valley and is a territory of water, wetland and seasonal forest. Some key features are the fjord which has a sloping and rocky bank which gets slippery and takes experience to traverse. In the northern corner of the territory are the plains, a grassy area with only a few trees and bushes - there are lots of helpful herbs here. Birch lake is in the centre of the territory and has a small island and inlets around it, this makes for good fishing areas as well as a great place to find the nests’ of marsh birds. To the south-west the territory borders the edge of an old town, there are very few residents and those that live there are mostly elderly.

The camp is in a sheltered area of the forest but close to the south shore of the lake. The area has some rocky dens for the Leader and apprentices, as well as lots of ferns and moss to settle in for the care-takers and kits. Finally, there is a fallen tree with bushes and rocks around it where most of the warriors’ sleep and next to it is the prophet’s den.
[120/100 words]

Fur type: Short fur
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: Dark silver/charcoal bengal with light blue eyes:
but with more rosettes:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
“A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” ― Charles Darwin
“Learn to value yourself, which means: fight for your happiness.” ― Ayn Rand
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Name: Poppy or Fenrir
Likes: Crappy fantasy books, anime, drawing, animals, Marvel and Dc lol, most music, random K-pop songs, running, talking to people (pm me if you want), sleeping and martial arts.
Note: Please be polite and respectful ^-^
~Levi~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /nyx. » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:35 am

Username: bmkmb
Long ago, gods and goddesses ruled in the form of cats. They hid in plain sight, mingling with humans without the people's notice. These gods and goddesses ruled everything from water to copper, life and death. Yet one day, a single human being discovered this fact. In a grand scheme, he captured the magical beings that governed the land and transported each and every one of them to a large island, roughly the size of Greenland. He expected them to fight each other and hid cameras throughout the land, hoping for a battle royal, but he forgot that gods and goddesses were intelligent beings. All communication from the island was lost within a week and all travel to the island was banned. Decades later, Hawker's Isle is but a myth, sometimes sighted but never proven to exist. The Isle is uninhabited except for the cats and their prey. From Hawker's Isle, the cats govern the rest of the world, but even so, the cats are not at peace. They have no form of government and the only form of social ranking is the strength of their powers, but it's working so far. Cats with similar skills have created alliances, and killing other gods and goddesses has been banned by Death himself. However, despite the time passed, some cats are still unaware of their current predicament. They've gone into hiding, and much of Hawker's Isle is uncharted. All the gods and goddesses have made note of who is active and who is missing. They've banded together with one goal: explore Hawker's Isle and report back to Life and Death. Bring the missing cats back to the capital and make sure they know the circumstances. Form a consociation so strong that humans will never be able to take advantage of them again.
Hawker's Isle is a large island roughly the size of Greenland. The cats that live there have overly strong magic powers, able to govern the lives of humans. It's basically Mount. Olympus as an island, but for cats. The Isle is part of a mythical archipelago, undiscovered by humans due to the thick mist that surrounds the islands for most of the time. Hawker's Isle is covered in thick forests, with rainforests up north and a crystal waterfall that serves as the meeting for most of the cats. The other islands in the archipelago are not uninhabited but are uncharted. Teams have been sent out to explore the remaining islands, along with the more wild parts of Hawker. The cats eat what they can and are excellent hunters, although they love taking advantage of their powers.
Fur type: Long fur, short fur, hairless long!
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt:**
the god of death (in the middle). Could he have dark red/copper eyes, please?
/nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby L U C I F E R » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:28 am

I shouldn't do this but I wanna, ssshhhhhh

Username: L U C I F E R

"Forests are supposed to be full of deer and rabbits and foxes and badgers, not cats!" The young kit exclaimed to her mother as they lay in the sun that spilt through the window and bathed the sill where they were. "Cats belong in Stone-dens!" She added in disbelief.
The mother cat smiled gently and grazed her tongue between her kit's ears. "But the forest is full of cats." She said gently, looking back out at the trees that began just beyond their garden fence. "Cats like your dad." She added, almost sounding dreamy.
The kit frowned and looked up at her mother. "Dad is a forest cat?" She asked in amazement, eyes wide with awe at the thought of her dad surviving out there without SoftHides to care for him.
"Oh yes." The mother cost mewed eagerly. "He is a fine forest cat." She agreed.
"Have you ever been to the forest?" The kit asked, desperate to know more.
"A few times." She paused, "I only needed to go a few times to be able to picture it in my head forever." The mother cost added wistfully. She closed her eyes and quickly drifted into some sort of trance. "Beyond the fence is trees. So many trees. They stretch for many cat-lengths high into the sky. They are big, giant versions of the trees SoftHides bring into the Stone-Den in the bare months. They smell different though. They smell alive! Every where is full of the smell of life. There are many colours and shapes and sounds and smells and tastes. The floor is soft with the tiny little leaf things that fall from the strange trees. They are soft like the fur on the floor in Stone-Dens." The mother cat paused, relishing in the moment, letting her senses take over. "It is always dark down on the floor because the trees are dense and evergreen, blocking all but the tiniest slither of light through that tickle your back with warmth. Deep in tue forest there is the dead body of an old tree that has fallen many seasons ago. That is where your father lives. He lives with many other cats, all hiding among the roots of trees around the dead one. Each night they gather on the dead tree and they sing. They wouldn't explain why..." Another pause. A gentle silence. "Just beyond the dead tree is a river. It is a strange river and runs underground. You must go beneath the rocks and trees to get to the river. The water is cold and shines like it is full of stars. It tastes like the best drink you could ever have, and filled my belly better than any food, and filled my lungs better than any breath, and filled my heart better than any cat. They meet there every time the moon is missing from the sky, letting the odd waters be their light as they discuss things we could never understand." The mother cat concluded, opening her eyes. She hastily licked her kit again, glancing back out to the forest. "The forest is very secretive, it must hold so many mysteries." She mumbled, but the kit had already drifted to sleep between her paws.

(I know it's not exactly a formal description, but it kinda set the story I'dlike to follow, while also showing the kind of area. Basically, it's a pine forest bordered by a new housing estate. There is an underground river that has cut a series of caves beneath the forest before re-emerging just beyond the forest's far edge from the houses.)

Fur type: All short haired.
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: Dark colours are preferred, so little to no white/cream/ginger. Tabby, spotted, Bengal, etc are pretty common, as well as the sort of Abysinnian markings (darker back to lighter belly). If you're a warriors fan, think more ShadowClan than anything. They live in a dark wood and are designed to survive there.
L U C I F E R

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imagine_Ink » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:35 am

Username: Imagine_Ink

The world is larger than you think.
These cats hold this truth to their hearts, and keep this fact to themselves. They know that, beyond the blue skies of their world, lie multiple different realms, in which magic abounds.
Few cats are born with the ability to travel between the realms. It is a rare gift to born on earth with, as there little magic within that realm. Those that are born with the ability call themselves Realm-hoppers. They can jump from realm to realm, using rifts that connect them.
As the number has grown, the realm-hoppers have built their base of operations in the space between realms, meant to be a safe haven and pit stop for those traveling from realm to realm. It is possible to jump between realms without stopping a this hub, but many stop to enjoy all this hub has to offer.

Fur type: Short Hair

Inspiration/preferences/design prompt:

I'd love to have a calico cat as my founder with bright blue eyes. And, if it's possible, could he have one blind eye? if not, that's fine
Imagine_Ink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby **Snowwhisper** » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:23 pm

Username:**Snowwhisper**
Far up north, deep in the forested mountains, there lives a group of cats who have carved their existence in a natural set of small caves lining the mountain side. The origins of how they came to live there are a mystery but these cats are well adapted to surviving their home. They call themselves Ridgeclan, due to the ridges they've made their dens. These cats live high on their chosen mountainside, high enough to see above most of the trees. From their vantage point, they can see straight through to the river that splits through their territory and beyond to their sister mountain range. Most of their land is forested with trees, both pine and deciduous, with a few meadows here and there always filled to the brim with wildflowers and prey, they possess an almost magical quality, well the clan seems to think so anyways, maybe there's some truth there?

For most of the year the temperatures are warm but winter is a different story. Their whole territory changes with the ice and snow. Their winter's are something Ridgeclan prepares for every year, as any ill-prepared cat will not survive to see spring. Though through trial and error, Ridgeclan has managed to keep their clan alive so far, and they hope to continue to do so.
I'd love a warm palette cat, something like this maybe, with some type of swirly tabby markings but other than that I'll give you artistic liberty!
I'd love a couple scars to be added though.
ImageImage

ImageImage
Life doesn't hurt until you think about how much has changed,
Text text text text text text text
My kalons Fursona DA Credit
who you've lost along the way, and how much of it was your fault.
**Snowwhisper**

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndpine » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:29 pm

Username: houndpine

This group of cats inhabits the buildings of a Wild West ghost town. They are descended from the pet and stray cats that inhabited the town when it was still thriving, before the cattle drives stopped coming through and the town was slowly abandoned. It's still a very isolated and rural town, so human visitors are very rare and the town has been simply left as a remnant of a bygone time. The town backs up to the base of rolling, brushy hills but faces a rolling expanse of flat plains populated with sage and scrub. It's hot and dry during the day most of the year but gets relatively cold during the nights and in the winter. The cats are lean and strong, adept at chasing down jackrabbits, birds, or the occasional lizard.

Fur type: Short fur

Artistic freedom! Something relatively simplistic but distinctive? Maybe a lynx/tabby point, something ticked, or a bicolor cat with unique/asymmetrical white, maybe some scars as well? Or just whatever kind of design might say "wild west" to you! Thanks c:
houndpine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BiscuitTheDog » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:36 pm

are yall gonna make a cat dedicated to april fools cause that would be hilarious-

-not very active but when i am its on oekaki
BiscuitTheDog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wretched.Felidae » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:05 pm

Mark!