Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Arucas / Reloaded! by Kaizoku

Based on Click to view
Artist Kaizoku [gallery]
Time spent 50 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Arucas / Reloaded!

Postby Kaizoku » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:47 pm

ARE YOU READY TO ADOPT AN ARUCA?
This species runs on CS Time.

Let's Hunt! / Artist Search / MYOs & Customs / FAQ / Bank Updates / Bank

Announcements:
November 6

Aruca's are back! Check the following post to see all the new, exciting features!
Any previous staff may rejoin the species, just contact me!

November 8
Hunting is back!

→ WHAT IS AN ARUCA?

Arucas are canine animals with incredibly heightened senses. Their senses are heightened by soft, thick membranes located on both their ears and on their foreheads. It's hypothesized that these membranes absorb sound and light than the ears and eyes of Aruca's normally - thus incredibly enhancing their sight and hearing. These adaptions help Aruca's hunt for food, shelter etc. Hunting is hypothesized to be a large part of their lives - kits are taught to hunt at a young age. After their first successful hunt, they are awarded with a decorative leaf tied to their back leg - this leaf represents the growth the kit has undertaken. Aruca's wear these leaves for life. Hunt leaves indicate different strengths for different Arucas.

→ WHAT'S NEW?

- Membrane shape has changed on the ears - any previous Arucas with circle membranes on the ears will now be considered to have the "rare" membrane trait, however, this will not be passed through birth of kits UNLESS an edit item is applied after the kit has been made. This also applies to the tail alterations, eucalyptus leaves, as well as pupil shape changes.
- The hunting game has been altered - Aruca leaves now represent different hunting strengths.
- Discord server!
- FAQ

→ LEAF BOOSTS

The segmented leaf represents stamina. Your Aruca has perfect stamina, granting you 5 more rolls in the hunting game.
The rounded leaf represents tactics. Your Aruca has a 5% increase of finding food whilst hunting in any area.
The maple leaf represent foresight. You can either choose 3 more rolls in the hunting game, or a 3% higher chance at finding food whilst hunting in any area.
Aruca's with custom leaves may either pick one of these boosts, or create a new one, however, this MUST be reasonable and MUST be approved. You cannot change your boost after you have chosen it, and it must be documented by you.

Kits will need to earn a leaf. Please check out the hunting game for more information.

→ RARITIES

Standard
→ Hair edits above the jawline, expression edits, coloured sclera, heterochromia

Common
→ Hair edits below the jawline, less fur, multiple leaves

Uncommon
→ Custom tail, custom ears, horns, different leaf shapes from the standard ones, weight differences, more fur, custom pupils

Rare
→ Membranes in different places, different shaped membranes, extra membranes, no leaf, height differences, glowing markings, missing limbs (1 max), less fur, more eyes

Legendary
→ Extra limbs (4 max), missing limbs (more than 1), no tail, wings of any description, powers

Old Standard Edits
→ Membrane shape has changed on the ears - any previous Arucas with circle membranes on the ears will now be considered to have the "rare" membrane trait, however, this will not be passed through birth of kits UNLESS an edit item is applied after the kit has been made. This also applies to the tail alterations, eucalyptus leaves, as well as pupil shape changes.
Last edited by Kaizoku on Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff & Rules

Postby Kaizoku » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:48 pm

→ GENERAL RULES

- Arucas are a closed species, that means you cannot make your own.
- You are not permitted to sell or purchase Arucas in any way, shape or form.
- Please do not mini-mod. Leave moderation to our staff team.
- Respect all members of the staff, and community members. This includes respecting staff decisions and any competitions held to adopt an Aruca, as well as respecting winners and non-owners.
- If you no longer want your Aruca, PM me and I will arrange it's re-adoption. If you do not wish for your Aruca to be readopted, you may trade it ONLY for another Aruca, or you may gift it. Make sure you alert the appropriate staff; please check our trading rules.
- You may own up to 10 Arucas.
- We reserve the right to repossess Arucas if you are banned from the species.

→ MYO RULES

- You must provide proof of your MYO before you are added to the lines.
- MYOs must be approved by a member of the staff - any staff member is eligible to do so.
- You may get someone to make the MYO for you, just let me know beforehand so they may be added to the lines.
- You MUST stick to the rarity guide - if you get a Common MYO, use Common traits and below unless your slot specifies otherwise.
- MYOs are not free - they must be purchased. They are currently available from the hunting game.

→ TRADING/GIFTING RULES

- You MAY NOT sell, trade or buy Arucas using other characters, or any form of currency - in game, or real. Arucas may only be TRADED for other Arucas or GIFTED to other users.
- You may only trade an Aruca after owning it for 2 weeks. Once you complete a trade, you have a one month cool down before you made trade again. Both users must be off cool down to complete a trade.
- Items cannot currently be traded.
- Trades/gifts cannot be reversed, so please make sure you are happy with the trade/gift before completing it.
- Please keep proof of your trade/gift; contact our archivist with proof of the trade so the archives can be updated. Both users involved in the trade/gift must contact our archivist.

→ STAFF

Owner
Kaizoku

Moderators
kh.aotic
Bloth Hoondr

Artists
kh.aotic

Archivist
Bloth Hoondr

→ HIRING?

Click here to view & enter our Artist Search!

I'm interested in hiring 1-2 moderators to help us with various parts of the species. This may include running the Hunting Game, as well as answering questions, and making sure community members are abiding by our rules. If you've shown interest in our community previously your application will be favoured, but it is not necessary if you are dedicated.
Post the form below (please do not PM them to me) if you're interested in applying. If you have any questions please feel free to comment, or contact myself or another member of staff.
Code: Select all
Username:
Why would you like to be part of the team?:
Would you be interested in running the hunting game?
Any experience?:
Do you regularly use Discord?:
Other:

I would also like to hire an archivist. The main archive should be based on CS and would include re-archiving Arucas from our Google Spreadsheet. Post the form below (please do not PM them to me) if you're interested in applying. If you have any questions please feel free to comment, or contact myself or another member of staff.
Code: Select all
Username:
Why would you like to be part of the team?:
Any experience?:
Do you regularly use Discord:?
Other?:
Last edited by Kaizoku on Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ

→ FAQ

Please check here before asking questions! If something isn't clear, or you have another question, feel free to ask them here, on our Discord, or directly to our staff.

→ HOW DO I GET ONE?

Check our new adoptions regularly! Underneath every Aruca, there will be contest instructions given by the artist. Follow these, fill out the appropriate form, and with a bit of luck, an Aru might be yours!

→ CAN I BECOME STAFF?

Check the post above this to see if we have any staff applications open! We will only hire when we need an extra helping hand; applications will always be announced on our main thread.

→ WHO DO I CONTACT ABOUT BANKING ISSUES?

Please contact either myself, kh.aotic or Bloth Hoondr.

→ CAN I BREED MY ARUCAS?

At this current point in time, we have no nursery. With previous iterations of our lines, we did have a nursery available, however, since changing lines, the nursery is still being figured out. Any previously purchased nursery items will be valid when/if we get a nursery back up and running. Nursery items are still available from the hunting game store.
Last edited by Kaizoku on Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Arucas / Reloaded! / DO NOT POST

reserved

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Arucas / Reloaded! / DO NOT POST

Postby Kaizoku » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:49 pm

Posting open <3

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Arucas / Reloaded!

Postby kh.aotic » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:49 pm

aww hecK YEAH THEY'RE BACK
mark!!
Aruca Adopts

Image Please interact with my pokemon! uwu

Join Furvilla!
Furvilla Price Guide
---

kh.aotic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaizoku » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:56 pm

Hunting is back up and running, and our first two new adopts are out!

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:51 am

THEY'RE BACK THEY'RE BACK THEY'RE BACK MARK MARK MARK
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baagishii » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:57 pm

mark!

┍ ━ ━━┑
    x x x x
    heyo! just a
    person chillin'.
    char. storage
    x x x x

┕━━ ━ ┙

Baagishii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaizoku » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:13 pm

Quick announcement regarding leaves:
In a previous version of Arucas (v.2 Arus only), we had a "eucalyptus" leaf shape as standard shape. This was a long, straight leaf and is not a part of our current line set. This leaf shape will be treated the exact same as the old circle ear membranes, and will now count as an 'uncommon' leaf shape. During this version also, the 'maple' leaf shape was an uncommon edit; it is now a standard leaf shape and will count as a standard trait rather than an uncommon one. Maple leaves will pass normally through breeding.

Like the old membrane shape, the eucalyptus shape will not pass in a breeding automatically. If you want this trait on you kit, you must wait until they have been created, and use an appropriate edit item on them; they will then be treated as a custom leaf shape and you will need to choose a trait for hunting the same way as other custom leaves. The same will now apply if you want the old-shape membranes; an edit item must be used.

Thank you!

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes