Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Valley of Kings - Open

Postby MySpoons » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:08 pm

Alpha Snowdust wrote:I've been staring at this for a while and finally decided to hop onto it.

Username: Alpha Snowdust
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory:
Nothing was left but dust and jagged edges.
That's what they saw when they came back to the lands where their ancestors were born. Their mother had told them about this place and they had searched long to find it.

"What happened?" They asked a nearby snake, shaking their head in confusion.

"There wasss an earthquake a few yearsss ago." The snake replied, shrugging, before slithering off.

"An... earthquake?" The lioness said to no one in particular.

They walked a few more miles, taking rests as they needed, before coming up onto a river. "A river?" They wondered aloud. They walked along it's banks and it became increasingly more clear with each and every step:

"This is where a new generation starts a new pride. A where that pride rises."

Maned or not maned: Not maned.
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: I'm thinking of a white/cream with light-golden-tan... kind of like a marbled/cloud like thing? And with light blue eyes if possible?

claiming
-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .✰Mewo✰. » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:07 am

Username: !~Hiyo~!
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory:
She had been searching for months, trying to find a territory of her own that hadn't already been taken, her paws ached and her stomach basically roared as she hadn't had anything more than scraps from carcasses on their journey, It was when she had finished her climb to the top of a mountain that she found it, a lush valley that seemed to go on for miles, plenty of prey animals and of course plenty of water with the large stream going though it. This, this is her new start, this is where she can start her own pride in safety with no fear or pressure of being easily found and overthrown.. This is the start of her reign.

Maned or not maned: Not maned
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: Perhaps a light grey, almost white pelt with a pale underbelly and large, dark bluish grey leopard like markings all over- with light, almost lime green eyes (I will change this description if this isn't good enough/allowed)

Hi, I’m Mewo,
I'm an artist and I go by she/they pronouns.

Best friend !
.✰Mewo✰.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DraconisSumeris » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:13 am

!~Hiyo~! wrote:Username: !~Hiyo~!
She had been searching for months, trying to find a territory of her own that hadn't already been taken, her paws ached and her stomach basically roared as she hadn't had anything more than scraps from carcasses on their journey, It was when she had finished her climb to the top of a mountain that she found it, a lush valley that seemed to go on for miles, plenty of prey animals and of course plenty of water with the large stream going though it. This, this is her new start, this is where she can start her own pride in safety with no fear or pressure of being easily found and overthrown.. This is the start of her reign.

Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: Perhaps a light grey, almost white pelt with a pale underbelly and large, dark bluish grey leopard like markings all over- with light, almost lime green eyes (I will change this description if this isn't good enough/allowed)

Claiming-
DraconisSumeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rebelappy » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:22 am

I really wanna become a part of these but I am so confused on how to do everything :(
rebelappy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:33 am

rebel.appy wrote:I really wanna become a part of these but I am so confused on how to do everything :(

Heya, welcome to VOK!

You can start by one of two ways:

The most common way is to request a founder ticket with the form on the front page. You write 100 words about your territory, then describe what you like your first lion (your founder) will look like! An artist will claim your ticket and get started on that.

Or, you can enter to win a current adopt that has an open competition. This allows you to try for lions that you really like that have different colors, patterns, or edits than you can get with a founder ticket. If you win your founder this way, you cannot request a founder ticket at a later time.

Once you have your founder, you're ready to level up! Make sure to have a storage thread to keep track of your lions and your prompts. Head over to the archive and leveling thread linked at the top of the first post of this thread. Follow the instructions for getting yourself a level-up to let you get more lions!

After that, you level up to get more lion slots to win more adopts or space for your future cubs~

I hope that helps! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask away~
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rebelappy » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:38 am

thank you that is very helpful! i will probably send over a pm shortly for other questions so i dont spam here! <3
rebelappy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby opti-mism » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:13 pm

Username: opti-mism

The wind whipped across the harsh cliffs, bringing with it the scent of the sweet summer salt sea. The waves lapped softly across the shoreline, riddled with rocks, and alone a lonely lion strode. The spray seemed to wash over her, and yet her eyes never left the cliffs. These were to be hers. They would be safe, would house the pride she would raise. She would be their lead, and no one would challenge her rule. The caverns were deeply cut into the cliffs, from years of wear, and many lions could live here. They could be safe.

The Salt Cliffs were hers, and those who wanted to take them would pry them from her cold, dead claws.

Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: Artist's choice! I'd love to see some classic tabby marks, or some interesting striping in there, however! I do love high contrast designs and vivid facial markings

Thank you so much!!!
Image▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
opti-mism

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkyShadow16 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:24 am

Username: SkyShadow16
100 words minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory: Deep in the jungles of Shankar, hidden in temples lost by time, Avianna hid among the draping vines. Her heart pounded. The ancient stone felt cold beneath her paws, and she longed to collapse in the shade and let herself rest, but she knew that to sleep meant to die. For years she’d sheltered in the temple, alone, unbothered, happy. But once Exon, the Tiger leader of the lion tribe he called Nakira, had arrived in the Shankar jungle, life had become a nightmare. Avianna shifted uncomfortably. She could hear paw steps heading her way, as well as Exon’s raspy voice, calling her name. He was challenging her for the territory. Telling her to leave, before he drove her from the temple by force. Avianna didn’t want to leave. It was her home, her safe place. As she peeked around the bracken she could see Exon, his muscles rippling beneath his striped pelt. He was snarling orders to some Nakira lions behind him, but when Avianna studied them closer, she could see fear glittering in their eyes. They're afraid of him, she realized. Just then, something heavy pressed down on her spine. Avianna wailed, unsheathing her claws. She was being attacked. She was being attacked by Exon. They rolled and tussled on the stone floor, snarling wildly. Avianna was afraid. She didn’t want to fight. She’d just wanted peace. And I can’t let Exon take my home from me. It’s the only thing I have left. Pulse racing, Avianna reared upward. She matched Exon in size. She could win this. A growl sounded from beside her, and in a flash of fur, she spotted another lion join the fray. Then Another. Then another. They were fighting with her! Finally a yowl split the air. Exon broke away, his eyes bright with terror and... was that respect in his gaze? “Alright!” He called as more lions gathered around. “We’ll leave. Lions of Nakira, come with me.” He turned back to Avianna, but, to her surprise, no lion moved. Then a lioness, probably no older than six moons, raised her voice. “We want to stay here in the temple. With Avianna as our leader.” Me? She scanned the clearing. Lions were nodding in agreement. After a moment of shocked silence, Avianna swallowed and meowed, “If the Lions of Nakira want me to be their leader, I will.” She dipped her head. “From now on, this temple is a sanctuary. Not a territory to be claimed, but a safe place for those who need it. And I will protect it with my life.” (Sorry, it’s kinda long :D)
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: My lioness is black with white paws, underbelly, and a muzzle with a white stripe down her back- similar to the markings of a skunk - She has blue eyes. (:
𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞:
𝐖𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐀𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐫𝐭𝐬
𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐡𝐬
𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫𝐬
𝐊𝐨𝐭𝐋𝐂

| Art | Avatar| items |
╔⏤⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤⏤╗

"Those who wander
are not always
Lost
"

╚⏤⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤⏤╝
SkyShadow16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:19 am

SkyShadow16 wrote:Username: SkyShadow16
100 words minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory: Deep in the jungles of Shankar, hidden in temples lost by time, Avianna hid among the draping vines. Her heart pounded. The ancient stone felt cold beneath her paws, and she longed to collapse in the shade and let herself rest, but she knew that to sleep meant to die. For years she’d sheltered in the temple, alone, unbothered, happy. But once Exon, the Tiger leader of the lion tribe he called Nakira, had arrived in the Shankar jungle, life had become a nightmare. Avianna shifted uncomfortably. She could hear paw steps heading her way, as well as Exon’s raspy voice, calling her name. He was challenging her for the territory. Telling her to leave, before he drove her from the temple by force. Avianna didn’t want to leave. It was her home, her safe place. As she peeked around the bracken she could see Exon, his muscles rippling beneath his striped pelt. He was snarling orders to some Nakira lions behind him, but when Avianna studied them closer, she could see fear glittering in their eyes. They're afraid of him, she realized. Just then, something heavy pressed down on her spine. Avianna wailed, unsheathing her claws. She was being attacked. She was being attacked by Exon. They rolled and tussled on the stone floor, snarling wildly. Avianna was afraid. She didn’t want to fight. She’d just wanted peace. And I can’t let Exon take my home from me. It’s the only thing I have left. Pulse racing, Avianna reared upward. She matched Exon in size. She could win this. A growl sounded from beside her, and in a flash of fur, she spotted another lion join the fray. Then Another. Then another. They were fighting with her! Finally a yowl split the air. Exon broke away, his eyes bright with terror and... was that respect in his gaze? “Alright!” He called as more lions gathered around. “We’ll leave. Lions of Nakira, come with me.” He turned back to Avianna, but, to her surprise, no lion moved. Then a lioness, probably no older than six moons, raised her voice. “We want to stay here in the temple. With Avianna as our leader.” Me? She scanned the clearing. Lions were nodding in agreement. After a moment of shocked silence, Avianna swallowed and meowed, “If the Lions of Nakira want me to be their leader, I will.” She dipped her head. “From now on, this temple is a sanctuary. Not a territory to be claimed, but a safe place for those who need it. And I will protect it with my life.” (Sorry, it’s kinda long :D)
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: My lioness is black with white paws, underbelly, and a muzzle with a white stripe down her back- similar to the markings of a skunk - She has blue eyes. (:
opti-mism wrote:Username: opti-mism

The wind whipped across the harsh cliffs, bringing with it the scent of the sweet summer salt sea. The waves lapped softly across the shoreline, riddled with rocks, and alone a lonely lion strode. The spray seemed to wash over her, and yet her eyes never left the cliffs. These were to be hers. They would be safe, would house the pride she would raise. She would be their lead, and no one would challenge her rule. The caverns were deeply cut into the cliffs, from years of wear, and many lions could live here. They could be safe.

The Salt Cliffs were hers, and those who wanted to take them would pry them from her cold, dead claws.

Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: Artist's choice! I'd love to see some classic tabby marks, or some interesting striping in there, however! I do love high contrast designs and vivid facial markings

Thank you so much!!!

Claiming! (These will most likely be done Sunday-Monday as a heads up!)
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PastelDog » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:48 am

Username: XxStarlordxX

100 words (minimum) about their territory/where their pride will be built/how they achieved this territory: How the Black Hearts pride got their territory is a mystery. As their old founder had passed away decades ago, some say the founder fought for their territory, others say no pride had claimed the territory. The only ones who know the truth are the ones who are a generation of the first founder. The territory lies south of Africa, they have all the necessities needed. A watering hole, a rock den, hunting grounds, training grounds, the grasslands, the boneyard, and of course, the outlands. Each place is unique, the Black Hearts pride is a fiercom pride, each lion and lioness born to be strong and fiercsom lions and lionesses.
[110/100 words] <will be re-creating once im off work>

Maned or not maned: maned

Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: black lion

Not sure if scars can be added onto a founder. If so, can he have multiple scars?
free art
Adopts Shop
OC Sale
• [url=link]Art Shop[/url]
Trading
UMA Storage
LOLO Stories
PastelDog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery