Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Warriors Survival Game • Explore

Postby nio » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:36 am

“Arnicastar, Arnicastar!”

The leader looked up from their sundown meal, their tufted ears perked. Whatever the issue was, it sounded important. Abandoning their half-eaten mouse, they ran over to the cat that was calling their name.

It was Lyreflame. Her tail was fluffed up, and she had a worried look on her face.

“Arnicastar! We, the sundown patrol, found a strange looking cat, we need you to come quick.” Lyreflame pawed at the dirt. “The only senior warrior on the patrol is Birchstripe and he doesn’t really know what to do either.”

A cat? That was it? Lyreflame seemed pretty worked up about it.

“Okay, I’m coming. Take me where you found them. Did you make sure they couldn’t escape?” Arnicastar turned to nod at their mate, Minkwish, who nodded back. The exchanged glance was all they needed to communicate.

Lyreflame nodded, “Yeah. She didn’t seem particularly aggressive, but we still made sure to corner her.”

“Who else is on the patrol?” The two dashed for the camp exit, almost tripping over a squeaking Bellkit on the way out.

“Me and Birchstripe, obviously, Strawberrydawn, Sweetrush and Anemonefrost.” Lyreflame responded as the two broke into a sprint.

They ran along the coast, toward the tip of the bay. The sun had fully set now, and the sky was a deep purple. There was a chill in the air. Arnicastar couldn’t help but miss the warm nights of greenleaf.

The two slowed down to a trot, and Lyreflame sniffed the air.

“It’s this way, I can smell the squirrel that Anemonefrost caught.” Lyreflame explained. Arnicastar took a deep inhale, recognising the scent. They missed their half-eaten mouse.

They climbed through some thinning bushes before stumbling upon the group of cats. Sweetrush and Anemonefrost were standing by a small pile of prey, sniffing a patch of wildflowers. Sweetrush picked one up and tucked it into Anemonefrost’s neck fur. The two smiled.

Birchstripe and Strawberrydawn were standing by a large, golden-cream cat. The cat was unlike any that Arnicastar had seen. They were thin, their ears were tall, and they had a long, pointed muzzle. The leader almost got nervous from looking at them.

“Oh, there you are Arnicastar!” Birchstripe leapt over to them. “We found this, uh, thing?”

“Excuse you, I’m a cat, not a thing!” The strange cat piped up from behind the tabby tom. Her voice was feminine and haughty. Purple and gold eyes glowed in the darkness.

“Who are you, and why are you on BayClan territory? How did you get here?” Arnicastar demanded.

“Boat, duh. How else do you get to an island in the middle of the ocean.” The strange cat drawled. “I’m Hestia, and I didn’t know this was your land. I was just exploring, I’m honestly no threat. Who are you, and why are you so important?” She blinked at Arnicastar, daring them to speak.

“Arnicastar. Leader of BayClan. It’s my responsibility to keep these cats safe, well fed and looked after. And that includes keeping strange and potentially dangerous cats off our territory.” They stared Hestia down. “You’re coming back to camp with us until we decide what to do with you.”

“If it’s okay with you, we’ll continue our hunting patrol.” Birchstripe looked to his leader for approval. His eyes shone with admiration for them.

Arnicastar dipped their head, before beckoning to Hestia to follow them back to camp.

[ # 565 ]

cats on patrol
Arnicastar | HP 100% | HUP 40% | Sick: N
Lyreflame | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Anemonefrost | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Sweetrush | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Strawberrydawn | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Birchstripe | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
level 2
experience: 71/300

inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x3
gecko | 2 FP | x1
rabbit | 2 FP | x1
large fish | 3 FP | x1
squirrel | 3 FP | x1
large birds | 3 FP | x1
predator offspring | 4 FP | x0

bindweed | binds sticks | x1
lamb's ear | gives a cat strength | x1
deathberries | kills a cat within minutes when consumed | x1
burnet | used to give strength | x1
cobweb | stops bleeding | x1
daisy leaf | eases aching joints | x1
items in inventory used
x1 scrap to feed arnicastar
predators
bears, badgers, jackals,
fox, snakes, eagles,
owls, lynxes, boar,
dogs, humans (upwalkers)
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ivyy. » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:00 am

Ocean Clan
Tansypetal had sighed, nothing. Just a few herbs and a mouse. She should be happy but... it was starting to dawn on her that maybe this wasn't supposed to be her destiny. Destiney. What an odd word. She snorted, amused, to herself. I make my own destiny. She nodded confidently to herself, of course. That answer was obvious. Tansypetal climbed up the stone slope to the cave system-dens and stored the catmint and elders leaves away, maybe the catmint will be even more useful soon. She brought her mouse to her prey pile now consisting of 3 scraps, 3 mice, and her shrew. She sighed, her belly began rumbling again but she pushed her own needs aside and got ready to take a short nap. She crawled into the third biggest cave and thumped into her bed. She closed her eyes and awoke again, this time it was morning. She stretched and yawned, walking out of her den and out of the seaside cave system- den. She gracefully slid down the smooth stone ramp and hopped off of it. She trotted through the woods excitedly, What will I find today? She thought as she passed a pretty flower clearing.
[ 333 words ]

--cats on patrol
Tansypetal | HP 100% | HUP 40% | Sick: N
--level 1
experience: 64/200

--inventory
Mouse | 1 FP | x3
Scrap | 1 FP | x3
Shrew | 2 FP | x1
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

Daisy Leaf | Eases the pain of aching joints | x1
Deadly Nightshade | Kills a cat in moments | x2
Goatweed | Eases grief | 1x
Bindweed | Helps with broken limbs | 1x
Horsetail | Treats infection & stops bleeding | 1x
Yarrow | Makes a cat throw up & heals cracked pads | 2x
Marigold | Stiff joints & stops bleeding & stops infection & for inflammation | 1x
Tansy | Cures coughs, can cure poison or wounds, stops cats from getting green cough, soothes throat, deadly to the pregnant | 1x
[ more can be found here: https://toyhou.se/BunnoBlizzard/charact ... er:1932401 ]
--items in inventory used
n/a
--predators:
Barracuda #1 (Kind of rare; but they live near a large group of them)
Eagle #2
Mink #3
Humans #4 (Also rare bc they don't live anywhere within 300 miles of human civilization)
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miraphoenix » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:07 am

The discovery of useful herbs was an important one, and as Hawkstar gathered a few specimens to take back to the tree, they made a mental note to come this way if they were ever in need of more. It made no sense, however, to take more than was needed at the moment; if there came a day when more herbs were needed, and none were left growing, that would spell disaster. Wrapping the catchweed and thyme inside the lungwort leaf, the orange tabby delicately took the packet in their mouth and continued on their way.

The deep, acrid musk of a fox cut through the crisp winter air, and brought Hawkstar to a sudden stop. Against a mink or a marten, they would take the chance of combat, but even a small fox was a considerable threat to a lone cat. With the scent so fresh, they had to think, and fast; it would not do to be surprised by the predatory canid.

Still, despite the danger, Hawkstar was curious. Foxes were clever, and for a cat new to the area, there were useful things to be learned from knowing where foxes frequented. Like the location of a cached fox kill, for example. The goby had been a nice snack, but they knew all too well that they would be hungry again; staying fed and warm during leafbare was a true challenge.

Perhaps there’s a way to achieve both avoiding the fox, and learning its secrets, they thought, a plan beginning to formulate in their mind. With a smile only somewhat impeded by the bundle of herbs in their mouth, Hawkstar turned to a nearby bigleaf maple, the mossy branches bare and open. Carefully, they clambered up the trunk and out onto a sturdy-looking branch, before pausing to scent the air. If they could get close enough to the fox to see what it was up to, but stay off the ground while doing so, perhaps they could have the best of both worlds!

Of course, I’ll have to find some way to get down… But I will ford that creek when I come to it, Hawkstar mused as they crept along the branch, ears pricked for any sound. Even if this came to nothing, seeing the forest from a new angle was giving them a new perspective on the territory.

[ 392 words ] [ free explore: 2 of 3 ]

--cats on patrol
Hawkstar | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 34

--inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

catchweed | | x1
    fastens poultices to the skin
thyme || x1
    calming agent; muscle relaxant
lungwort || x1
    treats respiratory infection
Any items used this post (or eaten)
N/A
--predators:
black bears
coastal wolves
sea eagles
mink
foxes
lynx
owls
salmon sharks
pike
Last edited by miraphoenix on Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
miraphoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunny-skies » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:18 am

nio wrote:

arnicastar made sure to keep a watchful eye over the odd-looking cat as the two made their way back to bayclan camp. they were undoubtedly leery of the stranger- hesita, she had called herself, who seemed to mirror the leader's distrust of her. oh, well. they'd decide what to do with her once they got back to camp. hopefully, the two would be back before the sun was completely gone. both of the them deep in thought, hestia and arnicastar continued on wordlessly.

the other cats on patrol resumed hunting once arnicastar had left. it wasn't long before lyreflame had spotted a gecko scurrying along in the underbrush, and she was able to make a quick and near effortless catch (+2fp, +2xp). carrying the limp creature in her jaws, she excitedly showed off her catch to sweetrush, who was sitting nearby.
"nice job, lyreflame!" the cream molly purred, giving the other cat a soft smile. lyreflame only beamed in response.

working together, strawberrydawn and birchstripe were able to take down a large bird! their catch was met with praise and nods of approval from their clanmates, who seemed glad to have had such a lucky find (+3fp, +3xp). especially now that leafbare had approached, it was important that the clan stayed well-stocked on prey. though it took a couple of cats to carry the bird back to camp with them, the group was overall satisfied to have had such a successful hunt.

+35xp for 565 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+10% hunger

total :

+40xp | +10% hunger | +2fp (gecko), +3fp (large bird) | level 2 (111/300)
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BigFrog4231 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:21 pm

The Tribe of Singing Wind
The clumsy cat stumbled through the exit of his new camp, surveying the area. The field was much less sheltered than the thick forest he came from, but he would much rather live with other cats than be all alone. ``That sure was one grand exit!``, a purr of amusement came from behind Songbird that sings at dawn. Flower that grows under tree had stepped out of camp and watched Songbird's tumble. ``It's not by fault I'm not used to the field yet!``, Songbird teased. While it was true that he was used to living in the forest, he was too embarrassed to admit to his new leader that he just never that good footing.

``Well how about I show you around our territory?``, the leader offered, brushing his flank against Songbird's. Flower began to take off, running through the frosted grass. Songbird smiled and followed suit, chasing after Flower and slipping every so often on the slick ground.
[ 159 words ]

--cats on patrol
Flower that grows under tree (Flower) | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Songbird that sings at dawn (Songbird) | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 89/100

--inventory
Scraps | 1 FP | x1
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

Dandelion | Used for stings and painkiller | x1
Sorrel | Traveling herb | x1
Lamb's Ear | Gives cats strength | x1
Dried Oak Leaf | Stops infection | x1
Watermint | Treats bellyache | x2
Willow bark | Soothes pains | x1
Sweet sedge | Stops infection | x1
N/A
--predators:
Foxes, Raccoons, Snakes, Opossums, Hawks,
Eagles, Badgers(uncommon), Beavers(rare)
mac !! he/xem
``i like everything, im a great cool``

adult
⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅

est
transmasc
ImageImagexxxx

TH || LISTOGRAPHY
tokenz 4 art- open
TVR || TMA || BGG

BigFrog4231

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flatterina » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:01 am

BunnoBlizzard wrote:Ocean Clan

+25 XP
[333 words written]
+10 XP [Patrol sent]
+10% Hunger

Tansypetal knew that she had slept enough. The sun stood relatively high in the sky, its barely warming rays cutting through the treetops and sparkling in the ice the morning dew had left on the few grasses and ferns that hadn’t frozen and died yet.
Then why was she still so tired? Her feet felt like they were made from lead, and every step made her wish she was back in her camp where she’d be able to curl into a ball and fall asleep again.
Still, she powered on. It was only after she tried and miserably failed to hunt a mouse that she acknowledged that patrolling wouldn’t do her much good today. Tansypetal almost walked by a half-eaten bird that some predator had left behind, so foggy was her mind.
She decided to take what she could of the remains and then get back home. Some days it just wasn’t supposed to be.
[+1 Scraps, +1 FP, +1 XP]

On the long way back, she found a stalk of yellow yarrow that she gnawed of and carried with her.
[+1 Yarrow, +1 XP]

Back in the camp, it was all she could do to store her findings away before falling back into her nest and returning to her dreams.

Tansypetal is very sick!
Use three herbs of your choice in your next post to cure her.
[-10% HP]

Totals
+1 FP | +1 Yarrow | 37 XP | Level 1 [101/200]

BigFrog4231 wrote:The Tribe of Singing Wind

+15 XP [159 words written]
+10 XP [Patrol sent]
+10% Hunger each

The two cats had soon crossed the meadow and entered the forest, threading through the trees, paying attention not to step on the dried leaves that littered the floor. They didn’t need to alert what was left of the prey of their presence.
Songbird that sings at dawn carefully sniffed for any scents, eager to impress his leader with his hunting prowess. They hadn’t walked for long when he slowed to a stop, raising his tail to let Flower that grows under tree know that he had a trail. The leader stopped next to Songbird and nodded towards him encouragingly.
Songbird inclined his head and vanished into the underbrush, slowly creeping closer to a large tree between the roots of which he had scented the prey – a squirrel. The catch would be important to the two cats, they needed all they could get in the coldest season.
Keeping downwind, he stepped behind the animals back on silent paws, adjusted his paws, and jumped, killing the animal with a well-placed bite.
[+1 Squirrel, +3FP, +3 XP]

“Well done,” Flower meowed when he came back. “Let’s bury it here and-,” his voice trailed off.
His shoulders tensing, Songbird dropped his prey and whirled around.
“What is it?” he asked, seeing nothing out of the ordinary.
“Do you smell this?” his leader answered. “Opossum.”
The tom snarled.
“Should we pursue it or let it go?”

Totals
+3 FP | +28 XP | Level 1 [017/200]

Congratulations, you levelled up! As a reward, you gain one Food Point!
Writing Commissions -- Examples
Physical / Personality Descriptions, Histories, Prompts, Short Stories, etc.
Any Genre -- Any Length
Flatterina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunny-skies » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:27 pm

miraphoenix wrote:Havenclan

being careful not to slip off, hawkstar followed the creature's scent. though the trees' branches were fortunately wide enough for the leader to walk along without needing to be too cautious, they still made sure to be careful of where they stepped. even though it might be dangerous for them to pursue such a predator, their curiosity had won over. they were able to get a decent view of the area around them, too, and hawkstar was hopeful of spotting some prey along the way.

as they continued on, the fox's scent trailed off and soon became untraceable. the creature seemed to have disappeared off into another part of the territory, it seemed. hawkstar couldn't help but let out a growl of frustration. after all, the effort they had put into pursing the fox could have been used to hunt or forage instead!

fortunately for them, they were able to get down from the branches easily enough by clinging to the tree's trunk. it may not have been as graceful as they would have liked, but at least it worked! they were also able to find a single herb laying around where they had landed. it might prove to be of use in the future! (+1fp, +1xp)

+25xp for 392 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+0% hunger (1 free post left!)

total :

+36xp | +0% hunger | +1 willow leaves | level 0 (70/100)
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Lyrebird » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:51 pm

The air was crisp and clean, carrying the scent of leaf-bare - Doestar's very first in the territory. Their clan had remained small for quite some time, just she and her apprentice, Heronpaw, working on making the den livable and defendable, and befriending a few of the non-clan cats in the area. Down their hill, at the largest farm, the barn cats were more than happy to share mice with them, or pretend not to see when the clan cats snagged chicks but now even their food was becoming scarce and Doestar hadn't chanced another visit on the off chance they were less friendly because of it.

So each day entailed a hunting trip for the two clan cats, their efforts to keep the kill pile stocked never ending. They were both thankful that they'd worked so hard during the warmer times to protect their dens against the cold, so at least when they emerged from the warren they lived within, both were well-rested and warm, and had eaten the last of what they had to give their paws the life they'd need to hunt.

"I think today... we follow the river down to the farm and check out the situation with the barn cats there. Perhaps there are some late chicks we could steal from under their noses." Doestar mewed, keen eyes trailing their river as she stood just beside the waterfall it fed from.

Heronpaw's ears flicked as if she didn't like the plan but she nodded silently, and followed next to Doestar when the leader started off.
[ 258 words ] [ free explore 1 of 3 ]

--cats on patrol
Doestar | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Heronpaw | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 0

--inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0

N/A
--predators:
badgers
bobcats
black bears
coyotes
foxes
mountain lion
eagle
falcon
hawk
osprey
owls
vultures
domesticated dogs
twolegs
[ a few 'case-by-case' predators/prey
on clan page as well! ]
x
⟨ Kitty/Lyre ⋆ She/Her ⟩

i miss you little dragon
real life is hard again
may be distant

.Lyrebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BigFrog4231 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:52 pm

The Tribe of Singing Wind
Flower that grows under tree tensed once he smelled the opossum, and now his heart was pounding. This was the first predator to wonder into their territory. This would be the most important choice he would make yet. After some quick thinking, he turned to Songbird that sings at dawn, composing himself.

``Songbird, come with me, and quickly. We're going to chase that opossum out of our territory``, he meowed confidently. Songbird caught up with Flower quickly and stayed close to his leader's side, tasting the air for any scent of the opossum. ``We need to scare it away before it strays further into our territory``, Flower decided. ``We can't risk it coming to our camp if one of us are sick or weak.``, he added, pricking his ears and listening for any sounds that might lead them to the opossum.

Songbird nodded silently, attempting to find the path of the opossum. ``This is it.``, Songbird thought. ``I can finally defend our territory! We'll make sure that opossum never steps foot in The Tribe of Sining Wind's territory again!``
[ 179 words ]

--cats on patrol
Flower that grows under tree | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Songbird that sings at dawn | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
--level 1
experience: 17/200

--inventory
Scraps | 1 FP | x2
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
Squirrel | 3 FP | x1
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

Dandelion | Used for stings and painkiller | x1
Sorrel | Traveling herb | x1
Lamb's Ear | Gives cats strength | x1
Dried Oak Leaf | Stops infection | x1
Watermint | Treats bellyache | x2
Willow bark | Soothes pains | x1
Sweet sedge | Stops infection | x1
N/A
--predators:
Foxes, Raccoons, Snakes, Opossums, Hawks,
Eagles, Badgers(uncommon), Beavers(rare)
mac !! he/xem
``i like everything, im a great cool``

adult

est
transmasc
ImageImagexxxx

TH || LISTOGRAPHY
tokenz 4 art- open
TVR || TMA || BGG

BigFrog4231

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miraphoenix » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:18 pm

Sliding down the tree, Hawkstar tried not to look as dejected as they felt. A morning wasted, chasing a ghost through the forest, and for nothing. Not even lunch. A golden shimmer caught their eye, and they pawed aside the snow to find a small willow sprig, preserved beneath the ice. A few determined scratches, and they managed to extract a few leaves from the plant, which a few sniffs confirmed as willow.

A pity it won’t soothe the pain of a wounded pride, they thought to themselves as they added the leaves to the bundle. At least it would be useful in the future, in the case of any future aches and pains.
But for now, planning for the future wouldn’t mean very much without food. Finishing the bundle, they trotted back to Forest’s Heart to stash their herbs in a secure place.

As Hawkstar approached the monumental cedar, the ravens started their excited croaks and swooped down to meet them. For a moment, the tabby was afraid that the great black birds had turned upon him, until they landed and bounced around him, poking excitedly at them with their long, shiny beaks. Unless Hawkstar was severely mistaken, this was play behavior, or at least some dimension of friendly interaction.
As if sensing their nervousness, one of the ravens stopped and tilted its head to look the cat straight in the eye. Hawkstar froze, and heard the voice of Forest’s Heart in their mind.

<Don’t worry about this hunt, Hawkstar. The forest will look after you, Starclan will look after you. Leave the herbs, and return to the hunt,> the embodied spirit spoke, the voice kind and gentle. Hawkstar nodded, exhaling slowly; they were still getting used to this, and it was still a bit strange.

The spirit gave sound advice, though, and they decided to follow that advice. Trotting into the hollow of the cedar, they laid the herbs out on the dry bark so they hopefully wouldn’t rot, then wandered out again. The fox scent had likely scared off prey from that area, but searching further upwind of that site might produce more fruitful hunting. Taking a deep breath of the crisp air, Hawkstar trotted off with their mind on dinner. Certainly there had to be something in these trees worth eating!

[ 385 words ] [ free explore: 3 of 3 ]

--cats on patrol
Hawkstar | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 70

--inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0