Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Peaceclan || Explore #24

Postby coffee.berry » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:39 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

snowdrop was walking out of camp, heading for the fish hole, when her best friend, redfur's voice, called out to her. "snow! wait for me!" the librarian's voice rang out. he wasn't the fastest runner, but he took a great leap from further up the mountain and landed right next to snowdrop. "i'm coming with."

the two walked down peace mountain in silence. their friendship was created mostly through their actions. the first time snowdrop met redfur, it was because she was sick and he brought her scraps from the meal he had eaten that day because she was too weak to participate. that was how their friendship began. they would choose a piece of prey for eachother often, and hang out without speaking much because they were both very introverted.

they got to the fish hole. "i'll try to catch some fish and you can record what's happening around us in your handbook." snowdrop grinned. "that way, we're both doing our jobs." she added and dived into the fish hole. she proudly held up a small fish from the water a moment later, but it wiggled out of her mouth and fell into the fish hole again. groaning, she jumped back in.

meanwhile, redfur got out his handbook of nature (he records flowers, plants and the prey and predators around the area to make sure explorers are safe when they patrol) and looked around. he saw a mouse running through the fields and wrote down mice like to run in the fields. he could write and understand the human language, as all of the librarians could, so that was the language he wrote in. finally, he looked at snowdrop. "you tired?"

"very." she said, panting as she swum up until it was too shallow for her to swim anymore. she walked onto the sand and shook her fur, running over to the fields where redfur was sitting. "i didn't catch anything. yet."

redfur smiled. "you'll catch something, soon enough. just relax a bit and you can go out into the fish hole again." his best friend grinned, grateful that he was so kind. they sat in the sun, waiting until they were both relaxed to start working again.

⋆ word count; 369 words

levels & xp ━━━━

⋆ level 6 (066/800XP)
    active quests━━━━━━

⋆ link by [fennel/furzetuft]
    ⋆ link by [fennel/furzetuft]
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

cats on patrol━━━━━━━━━━

⋆ redfur | he/him | adopt page
      0% hunger | 100% health | not sick

⋆ snowdrop | she/her | adopt page
      0% hunger | 100% health | not sick
    prey inventory

⋆ 1FP scraps | x3
    ⋆ 1FP bugs | x4 > x2
    ⋆ 2FP vole | x2
    ⋆ 2FP mouse | x1
    ⋆ 2FP small fish | x0
    ⋆ 3FP squirrel | x2
    ⋆ 3FP fish | x2
    ⋆ 4FP rabbit | x0
    ⋆ 4FP crow | x2
    ⋆ 4FP big fish | x0
    ⋆ 5FP eagle | x0
    herb inventory (pt one)━━

⋆ Mallow Leaves | x2
    ⋆ Goldenrod | x3
    ⋆ Elder Leaves | x1
    ⋆ Catchweed | x3
    ⋆ Lungwort | x2
    ⋆ Blackberry Leaves | x1

⋆ Goatweed | x2
    ⋆ Burdock Root | x2
    ⋆ Horsetail | x2
    ⋆ Dock | x2
    ⋆ Bindweed | x2
    ⋆ Yarrow | x1
    ⋆ Tansy | x1
    ⋆ Chickweed | x1
    herb inventory (pt two)━━

⋆ Fennel | x2
    ⋆ Stinging Nettle | x2
    ⋆ Sweet Sedge | x1
    ⋆ Tormentil | x2
    ⋆ Watermint | x1
    ⋆ Catmint | x3

⋆ Lamb’s Ear | x1
    ⋆ Chamomile | x2
    ⋆ Foxglove Seeds | x1
    ⋆ Wintergreen | x2
    ⋆ Water Hemlock | x2
    ⋆ Celandine | x1
    ⋆ Burnet | x1
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    inventory items used

⋆ using x2 bugs (leaves me with 2) for hazelpelt and oakspeck (previous patrollers) before they leave the patrol so that
    their hunger is at 0% again <33
    notes for responding writer

⋆ i've added the x1 vole, x1 blackberry leaves, x1 stinging nettle, x1 burnet and x1 chickweed!

⋆ also!! redfur has a crush on snowdrop but she doesn't like him back. yet. but just thought you should know!!
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

002 - tideclan

Postby peachpit. » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:21 am

« 𝐭 𝐢 𝐝 𝐞 𝐜 𝐥 𝐚 𝐧 ! »
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
last explore post |last response| archive | level 0 | 45/100 exp | 786 words | prey list | not opted in for death
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

as the cream-coated tabby and lynx-pointed siamese pushed deeper into the forest, the storm followed them quickly. thunder growled in the distance, causing sandstar to lose her focus on the fat fish in the river. "gullcy?, we should return to camp now," she called, pale blue eyes scanning the dense flora for his bright white pelt. there was no sight of him. unease settled into her bones and a deep huff shuddered her frame before taking off into a sprint. nose to the floor, she was desperate for any trace of the familiar scent. sandstar began calling his name as she went, racing the storm that had now casted a dark shadow over the jungle. it was dark, her calls were being drowned out by thunder. fat rain drops began singing on the canopy above, rolling off of leaves onto the jungle floor below. "he must be terrified", was the only thought running through sandstar's mind. "was he hurt? or even worse?" she shook the thought, as well as the rain, out of her fur. pushing on deeper into the jungle, she called desperately for the tom despite her voice being rendered feeble by the weather above. her large paws splashing every contact made with the earth, she had been sprinting eyes narrowed against the rain stinging her eyes. "what would a good leader do? a leader that wasn't her?" she thought hard, snapping her eyes closed tightly. racing against the storm with her eyes closed and desperately calling out to gullcry, she hit something hard. everything went dark.
───────────────────────────
heart filled with adrenaline and confidence, gullcry had been having a good time out 1x1 with sandstar. despite his initial worries, his leader was very kind and easy to be around. "such a shame the some of the younger warriors doubt her ability as leader", he thought nose pressed to the jungle floor. he had been following the scent of something tasty when a clap of thunder filled the entire jungle. before he could process the loud noise, all the fur rose on his body and his paws instantly sent him off. darting as fast as he could, heart hammering in his chest, gullcry had no idea where he was going. terror filled his mind and rendered it useless, he was running on fear alone now. his paws trembled as they greeted the wet grass below, causing him to lose his balance. the storm had finally landed, rain pouring down in thick sheets and lightening brightening up the completely dark jungle in quick bursts. his paws could not carry him any longer and he tumbled to the ground. gullcry had collapsed to the floor, water fully submerging his pelt. alone, wet, cold, labored breathing, all in a pile on the jungle floor. he managed to observed a rotting tree log next to him and with his last remaining strength, crawled underneath it. he shut his eyes tightly and curled up into a ball, hoping starclan would help sandstar find him.
───────────────────────────
head throbbing, sandstar awoken at the base of a tree. her pelt was fully submerged and she was freezing. blood trickled into her eyes from a small gash on her forehead. the rain had halted, but the jungle remained dark. she needed to get back to camp to get help. unsteadily, she got to her paws. with all familiar scents washed away by the rain and her sense of direction skewed by the head injury, sandstar felt hopeless. she shut her eyes once again to think. a very faint ear-splitting call alerted her at once. gulls! there had to be ocean nearby if she followed those annoying calls. sprinting after the calls, she felt a sense of relief.

it wasn't long before the jungle spit her out on the very corner of the bay. she recognized where she was now, the camp being only a few miles away. unable to sprint any longer, sandstar padded very solemnly toward the camp. her mind was filled with guilt and worry for gullcry. this was all her fault.

approaching the camp at last, hushed whispers from all surrounding cats ensued. sandstar was still dripping wet and the gash on her forehead refused to let up. her eyes remained glued to the floor, all the way up until she collapsed in her den. the thought of going to the medicine cat's den embarrassed her.

a couple hours of rest and her wound finally clotted, sandstar's head was on right. the storm had finally passed. she organized four large search patrols, assigning each a quarter of the jungle to search. she herself, led the largest one. gathering the cats, she led them back into jungle in hopes to find gullcry.

𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲
mouse | 1 FP | x2
minnow | 1 FP | x2
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

borage | x1
parsley | x1
herb | x0
𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥
sandstar | she/her| HP 100% | HUP 0% | sick: n
gullcry | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | sick: n
cat name/link | pronouns | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/N

𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬
no active quests
𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐬 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝
no items used
note: was not sure how many hp's to take from sandstar! just lmk c:
peachpit.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 12. [august explore replies] ! )

Postby faelyn » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:41 pm

x
x
x
Imagexxsnowclan !
─────────────── ✧

original level stats ✧ level 2 (135/300)
new level stats ➔ level 3 (087/400) --
----------------------------------------------
• • • • x 10% hunger for the patrol
────────────────┘
    it was as if a starless blanket of desolation had finally ascended from its place upon her shoulders, revealing freckles of stardust that seemed to bloom at the edges of her peripheral. as utterly and endlessly boundless as the papery shimmer of froliking moths, gently carressing the blissful calm of her features.
    ( (+1fp [bugs], +1fp [bugs], +2exp)

but just a blink, and the papery thin kiss of moths had dissipated to the dainty thud of footsteps. and from the ink-drop dark, unruly, auburn curls seemed to almost materialize, each tangle like little hibiscus’ igniting into flames. for a moment, a wonderstruck trance descended upon her before dwindling into a state of horror. it was a fox.
    (darkfire has caught a glimpse of a fox! does she confront or ignore it?)
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
✧ 015 exp
✧ 010 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ 225 exp
✧ 252 exp
writing exp
patrol exp
event exp
added exp
total exp
✧ 002 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ 000 exp
yes/noo
✧ 000 left
food exp
herb exp
item exp
opt-in exp
free posts?

fp earned ✧ 2fp ───
level reward ✧ 2 → 3
• [+2fp (of choice) ─]
• [+1 nr myo ─────]
• [+1herb (of choice)]
herbs earned ✧ +0
• [n/a item earned]
• [n/a item earned]
• [n/a item earned]
• [n/a item earned]
user + clan ✧ echointovoid
postsuser / writer-xx
items earned ✧ +0──xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx

faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ⎯⎯⎯ ★ REPLY TWENTY. )

Postby elliott. » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:25 pm

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Badgerberry spent a lot of time sulking about the embarrassment that tickled at his pelt, only showing anything other than bashfulness when Foxtrot would “accidentally” bump into him, snickering afterwards. The she-cat played with his last nerve like it was a jump rope and he could tell that she was enjoying it, which only irritated him more.

“Come on, guys, keep up.” Cheshire irked, his nose twitching as he continuously scented the air. “I think I smell a rabbit up ahead.” His voice dropped in volume, afraid of scaring the rabbit away, his body dropping low to the ground, belly fur brushing the ground. Once his eyes landed on the small mammal sniffing at the ground, his tail waving in the air to gesture. “Sparrowsong, go downwind of the rabbit. Badgerberry, scare it back into Sparrowsong’s paws, so run at it while upwind.” He ordered.

Without a single complaint, Badgerberry waited until Sparrowsong was in position before sprinting as fast as he could at the rabbit, paws thundering against the ground. The plan ended up working perfectly, the rabbit turning on its heels and sprinting straight into the other warrior’s paws, unable to even squeal before she was delivering a killing blow.
    [ + 4 FP rabbit, + 4 XP ]

Once they made their way back to Chesire, Badgerberry’s brow furrowed. “Where’s Foxtrot?”

As if summoned, the she-cat stepped out of the brush, herbs held gently in her mouth. “Right here, don’t worry your little head.” She set it down on the ground, gesturing Sparrowsong over. “You know stuff about herbs. Does this help?” Once the she-cat had come over and sniffed it, nodding her acceptance, the pointed she-cat buried it so that no rodents would tear it up.
    [ + 1 chamomile, + 1 XP ]

“Heads up.” Cheshire broke in again, his ears suddenly high on his head, pelt bristling. “I can smell a dog nearby.”
    [ Your patrol has scented a dog! Do they choose to confront it, or run away? ]

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ★★★ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
XP EARNINGS
death opt in

+25XP for words written
+10XP for patrol sent
+04XP for prey earnings
+01XP for herb earnings

FINAL TOTALS & NOTE

[ +0% hunger for patrol, one free posts left +40XP → level 0 (83/100XP) ]
[ + 1 chamomile ] [ + 4 FP rabbit ]
elliott.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 13. [august explore replies] ! )

Postby faelyn » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:23 am

x
x
x
Imagexxsoftclan !
─────────────── ✧

original level stats ✧ level 1 (045/200)
new level stats ➔ level 1 (091/200) --
────────────────┘
    remnants of stardust left trails of startling radiance in their wake, illuminating the ink satin of the night above. and just below the dreamy twinkle of the stars and their majesty, the glistening skeleton of a soul that once was beckoned her close.
    (+1fp [scraps], +1exp)

“petalpatch?” the dark was heartbreakingly endless as it veiled the lively golds of daffodils posing as ballerinas and the sweet aroma of jasmines, now wilting as their internal clock winded to an end. “do you see it… the fox?”

those eyes of azure and lapis luzili wavered from the dark, flitting about to land on violetstar's. “i think… i think it left.”
    (the predator has left the territory, +15exp for event completed)
✧ 20 exp
✧ 010 exp
✧ 015 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ 046 exp
writing exp
patrol exp
event exp
added exp
total exp
✧ 001 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ yes/noo
✧ 000 left
food exp
herb exp
item exp
opt-in exp
free posts?

fp earned ✧ 1fp ───
level reward ✧ 1 → 1
• [n/a reward earned]
• [n/a reward earned]
• [n/a reward earned]
herbs earned ✧ +0
• [n/a item earned]
• [n/a item earned]
• [n/a item earned]
• [n/a item earned]
user + clan ✧ crexmii
postsuser / writer-xx
items earned ✧ +0──xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx

faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 14. [august explore replies] ! )

Postby faelyn » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:18 am

x
x
Imagexxtideclan !
─────────────── ✧

original level stats ✧ level 0 (045/100)
new level stats ➔ level 1 (002/200) --
• • • • x 0% hunger for the patrol
────────────────┘
    the musky fragrance of decay and dew carressed the rosy flush of his cheeks-- softly rousing gullcry from the lavender haze of sleep. droplets of periwinkle rain and bits of flora still bejewelled the ashen bloom of his curls-- curls that drooped ever-so slightly as a shiver manifested in his veins.
    (+1 chervil, +1exp)

“hello?” the words were a mere croak unfurling upon his lips-- unsteady and wavering before the dainty thud of his footsteps subsided in thuds as he stumbled into a little puddle. and in those depths tainted with mire, scales of silver shimmered in the kiss of day.
    (+1fp [minnow], +1exp)
✧ 045 exp
✧ 010 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ 057 exp
writing exp
patrol exp
event exp
added exp
total exp
✧ 001 exp
✧ 001 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ yes/noo
✧ 001 left
food exp
herb exp
item exp
opt-in exp
free posts?

fp earned ✧ 1fp ───
level reward ✧ 0 → 1
• [+1fp (of choice)──]
• [+50 stardust ────]
• [n/a reward earned]
herbs earned ✧ +1
• [+1 chervil────]
• [n/a item earned]
• [n/a item earned]
• [n/a item earned]
user + clan ✧ peachpit.
postsuser / writer-xx
items earned ✧ +0──xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx

faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❄ ── 011.

Postby echo into void » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:21 am

── SNOWCLAN
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
last explore post; xxxxxxxxxxxxxlast response; xxxxxxxxxxxxxopted in to death; xxx
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

↳ level three;
    ‣ 87/400
    ↳ active quests;
    ‣ none
    ↳ cats on patrol;
    darkfire ◦ she/her ◦ hunger: 30% ◦ health: 80% ◦ sick: no
    ↳ items used;
    ‣ stinging nettle ◦ helps with wounds ⤅ x1
    ‣ bugs ◦ 1FP ⤅ x2

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

herbs;
    ‣ borage leaves ◦ brings down fevers ⤅ x1
    ‣ burnet ◦ gives strength ⤅ x1
    ‣ celandine ◦ soothes weakened or damaged eyes ⤅ x1
    ‣ chervil ◦ for infected wounds and bellyache ⤅ x1
    ‣ chickweed ◦ treats greencough ⤅ x1
    ‣ coltsfoot ◦ eases breathing or kitten-cough ⤅ x1
    ‣ juniper berries ◦ soothes bellyaches ⤅ x1
    ‣ lavender ◦ cures fever and chills ⤅ x1
    ‣ lovage ◦ help cure coughs ⤅ x1
    ‣ mallow leaves ◦ cures bellyache ⤅ x1
    ‣ mint ◦ hides scent of death ⤅ x1
    ‣ mouse bile ◦ kills ticks ⤅ x1
    ‣ poppy seeds ◦ helps with sleep ⤅ x1
    ‣ ragwort ◦ treats aching joints ⤅ x1
    ‣ stinging nettle ◦ helps with wounds ⤅ x1
    ‣ sweet-sedge ◦ eases infection ⤅ x1
    prey;
    ‣ scraps ◦ 1FP ⤅ x3
    ‣ bugs ◦ 1FP ⤅ x5
    ‣ mouse ◦ 2FP ⤅ x1
    ‣ vole ◦ 2FP ⤅ x1

darkfire couldn't believe her eyes. a fox, a real fox... she stood with her paws frozen to the earth. she wasn't sure if she should run or fight. she was hesitating. she shouldn't be hesitating. hesitation tends to have bad consequences.

the fox's pungent aroma hung in the air, its malevolence unmistakable. a crimson-coated beast with eyes that glowed with undeniable intelligence. despite its beauty, darkfire knew this cunning creature would stop at nothing to claim snowclan's territory as its own.

everything seemed like it was in slow motion. the grass blowing in the light breeze, the leaves rustling against the branches, her claws unsheathing. this all happened in a matter of milliseconds, but it felt like minutes. darkfire was frozen with fear.

as the silent seconds stretched on, darkfire saw the fox's eyes narrow, a glimmer of respect shining within them. it had recognized her for the warrior she was, and darkfire understood that this battle would not be won by brute force alone. she had to make her decision.

darkfire knew that facing off against a fox was no simple task. she was confident in her abilities, but she also knew the odds of her winning this fight on her own were low.

she turned on her paws and started sprinting towards the snowclan camp.

[ 217 words ]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
echo (they/them)
snowclan wermz
the sanctuary
currently: happy holidays!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
echo into void

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 15. [august explore replies] ! )

Postby faelyn » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:56 am

x
x
x
x
x
Imagexxsnowclan !
─────────────── ✧

original level stats ✧ level 3 (087/400)
new level stats ➔ level 3 (134/400) --
────────────────┘

flora and fronds of chartreuse lashed at the blush of her cheeks, their fangs sinking deep as thorns pricked the rosy shades of her toes. roused from their slumber, the gold olive shades of crickets sprung to life among the drooping buds of elderflowers, licking her ankles as she stumbled through the earth.
    (+1fp [bugs], +1fp [bugs], +2exp)

curls of auburn blossomed all around her, froliking ever-so serenely as if she were apart of the predator’s game. before… before those curls of auburn kissed hers and utter, unfiltered terror blossomed within the fluttering beat of her heart.

the fox was upon her. an amused rumble reverbrating from its throat.
    “stop, stop… please.” her breath came in shallow swoops as her eyes fluttered shut, squeezing together as the fox leaned in close. “please.
    as if her voice had become a spell, the rumble of its breath against her ear dwindled into the dainty thud of footsteps. fading… and fading even more. until only silence was to be heard.
    (the fox has left the territory! +15exp)
✧ 020 exp
✧ 010 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ 015 exp
✧ 047 exp
writing exp
patrol exp
event exp
added exp
total exp
✧ 002 exp
✧ 000 exp
✧ 000 exp
yes/noo
✧ 000 left
food exp
herb exp
item exp
opt-in exp
free posts?

fp earned ✧ 2fp ───
level reward ✧ 3 → 3
• [n/a reward earned]
• [n/a reward earned]
• [n/a reward earned]
herbs earned ✧ +0
• [n/a item earned]
• [n/a item earned]
• [n/a item earned]
• [n/a item earned]
user + clan ✧ echointovoid
postsuser / writer-xx
items earned ✧ +0──xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx
• [n/a reward earned]xx

faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0315.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:01 pm

PEACECLAN !!
    xcoffee.berry archive last post

As if those mermaids of legend, the deep hues of the waters parted for her. Her head, her shoulders, her tail slipped into the flowing silks, billowing out all around her form in wisps of cerulean and chiffons. Until all that was left lingered on a rippling surface, bobbing as if abandoned ships spun of gold. (+1 tansy, +1 coltsfoot)

The waters broke.

Her head crested from the fish hole, locks cascading with silver droplets and the curve of her eyes as if crescents. Alive. The breathless chime of her voice graced the breeze. “I got one!” (+3fp fish)

Stars, he was staring.

“Uh, great! I knew you could do it ─ I had no doubts.” Redfur cleared his throat, a splash of warmth blooming on the tip of his nose. He kneaded his paws along the furrowed ridges of grass and earth, the fragrance of light petrichor a gentle kiss upon his cheeks. Tinted with something else.

Rancid and bitter, this new scent invaded as if a siren, overthrowing and overpowering. If scents had a song, this one was a raucous cacophony of cymbals clanging on brass punctuated with a lone howl. (predator scented!)

A coyote (predator) has been scented nearby! Does the patrol investigate or leave the creature alone in hopes it'll leave?
    ─────────────────────────────────────

⊰ patrol status updates ⊱
      • all patrollers gained +10% hunger
      • previous patrol reset to 0% hunger (fed!)

⊰ xp earnings (death opt in/out) …………………………
      • +25xp for writing, +10xp for patrol sent
      • +3xp for prey, +2xp for herbs
      ⊰ findings ⊱
      • +3fp fish
      • +1 tansy, +1 coltsfoot

⊰ level totals ⊱
      • +40xp → level 6 (106/800xp)

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
      notes; n/a, redfur + snowdrop are so adorable, awww! looking forward to see how their relationship progresses <3
    ───────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

003- tideclan

Postby peachpit. » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:32 pm

« 𝐭 𝐢 𝐝 𝐞 𝐜 𝐥 𝐚 𝐧 ! »
last explore post |last response| archive | level 1 | 2/200 exp | 1,347 words | prey list | not opted in for death

Heart filled with determination, and heavy with guilt, Sandstar began her journey back into the jungle. She was now surrounded with the familiar faces of her clanmates and not leaving the jungle without Gullcry. The boisterous canopy had been encouraging them with song, and the sun had emerged behind the clouds. Warm dapples of sunlight peeking through the dense jungle trees warmed the patrol's pelts, soft chatter amongst them as they ducked under the brush and pushed deeper into the jungle. All she could hear now was the gentle thuds of busy paws behind her. “It should be much easier for him to hear us now that the rain has let up,” Sandstar thought, bushy tail swaying as she padded into a clearing. Although it was abhorrently humid, the weather could be much worse. Turning to face the patrol of cats following her, she spoke aloud: “Alright, partner up in groups of two. Make sure to call his name as loud as you can. He is a scaredy cat, but would much rather hear you yelling for him rather than sitting in silence. Feel free to mark Tideclan’s scent as you go, and bring back as much prey as you can for tonight, I believe a feast is in order.” Excited chatter followed as pairs of cats parted in every direction. It was greentide after all, prey was plentiful, and a moral booster was in order anyway as they had seen no sign of startide’s (tradition) beginning.

The patrol was split even further at this point and Sandstar found herself alone once again. Making a left from the clearing, she ducked under the dense flora in attempts to find that river once again. Gullcry couldn’t have gone too far had he? She began to call for him loudly, a soft babbling of water growing nearer. She had rediscovered the small river in the jungle, lowering her shapely head down towards it. Parting her muzzle, she lapped up a couple mouthfuls of the cool liquid before something had caught her ear. Head rapidly snapping up from the river, water still dripping off her chin, her cerulean eyes narrowed on the underbrush. It had been rustling suspiciously, causing all the fur on her body to raise and her claws unsheathed into the damp earth below. She lowered her head and prepared herself in a stance to take on whatever was causing the commotion in the flora when suddenly, BAM! Shooting out of the flora in a flash of white fur could be nobody other than Gullcry. Darting right into Sandstar, with a goofy look of pure terror on his face, he made contact with the molly hard enough to send them both flying. Feeling her paws lift off the jungle floor, Sandstar had been toppled over by Gullcry, both heading towards the river.

A chilling plunge to say the least, Sandstar shot out of the water faster than a gull over a shark. Scanning to see what in the world could have just knocked her into the water, the culprit was not too far behind. A white face popped out of the river, causing Sandstar to begin muttering under her breath. Grabbing the pale tom by his scruff and thrusting him out of the river and onto the damp soil, a heated glare fixed itself onto Gullcry as he lay there in a wet pile of fur. “Now Starclan help me, where on EARTH have you been Gullcry?” began Sandstar, starting to pace in front of him. “You had me worried sick! Did you think you could just wander away like it was some GAME?! Now you’ve dragged out all of Tideclan to come rescue you and LUCKY ME, I’m the one to find you.” Gullcry, who had not even made the attempt to get up to his paws, lay on the grass with his paws over his eyes whimpering. “I just cannot believe-” she stopped, noticing the state of the poor tom blubbering on the floor. A long sigh softened her demeanor as she laid down next to the tom. She licked his forehead in sympathy hoping to console him. Her tone was less harsh now as she asked “Hey now, it’s okay. Why don’t you tell me what happened?”

─────────────

It had been a terrible time for Gullcry to say the least. For the first hour or so, he laid petrified under a log. He was terrified any movement would reveal him to the monsters in the forest. Jabs of hunger cause his belly to roar, and in his fright to be revealed, he decided his rumbling belly would give him away. He got to his paws, and padded out from his hiding place. Gullcry was still a nervous wreck, every sound causing him to drop as low to the floor as he could. His pelt was constantly poofed out as if he had been electrocuted. Nose to the floor, and ear pinned backwards so he could keep tabs on what was going on around him, he searched for the scent of something tasty. Following his nose for a couple tail lengths, he spotted it. A fat hare unsuspecting of his presence. He stopped and wondered if maybe he was just like the hare, unsuspecting to a larger predator around him. Terrified once again, Gullcry shot off in a random direction, ignoring the hunger in his stomach. As he sprinted, long limbs clearing over low brush and sticks, he prayed to Starclan that whatever predator that could’ve been stalking him had missed their opportunity to strike. And he also prayed he wasn’t being followed. Still running, he dove head first into a thick line of underbrush for cover. He laid flat to the floor, semi-expecting something with large teeth to sink into his haunches and drag him out. Again, the thought alone sent him dashing out of the underbrush once more. But this time into somebody, somebody?, else.

Tumbling into another creature, he felt them both crash into freezing water. Not wanting to face the angry creature he just sent into a bath, Gullcry chose to stay under the water. Holding his breath for as long as he could manage, he could hear the other animal crawl out from the river. Seconds later, he was running out of oxygen. Peeking his head up for air, his eyes focused on what he was about to encounter. It was Sandstar! Thank Starclan! Before he could say anything, Sandstar ripped him out of the water by his scruff and threw him on the dry grass. Gullcry did not want to face his leader, let alone meet her eyes, at this point he was hoping he’d run into a fox instead. Sandstar began with her harsh lecture, rambling on about where he had been, and how she was worried sick. He persisted on laying on the floor, in a damp mess, paws over his eyes and a whimper in his maw. All of a sudden, it became quiet, despite the babbling river and birds above them, and a soft lick was placed atop his head. Sandstar was lying in front of him asking about what happened.

“I- I got scared of the thunder,” he wailed, paws still over his eyes. “That’s alright Gullcry, it was my fault for bringing you out to hunt before such a storm” Sandstar spoke, her voice gentle. He could feel her press her nose against his cheek. “C’mon now Gullcry, there’s no need to cry. Everyone will be so relieved that you’re okay! I’ve planned for a feast tonight in honor of your safe return.” She purred, getting to her feet. For the first moment all day, Gullcry finally felt relief. He was found, and there were festivities in order.

Both Gullcry and Sandstar, now up from the ground finally, padded toward the other voices calling Gullcry’s name. “We must pull our weight Gullcry! Let’s hunt for something to bring back!” Sandstar began, and just like that, all was well. The two cats set off to hunt for some prey to bring back for tonight’s feast.

𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲
mouse | 1 FP | x2
minnow | 1 FP | x2
lizard | 1 FP | x1
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

borage | x1
parsley | x1
chervil | x1