Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Kalon #1921

Postby -wild- » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:24 pm

Username: -wild-
    Kalon's name: Aristedes // Des
    Kalon's conversation starter: "I'm about to tell you the best story you've ever heard."
        Des likes to start his conversations out strong and confident, he finds that this helps to keep the conversation flowing with the same energy throughout. After asking his opening line, he proceeds to tell one of the most outrageous stories you will have ever heard. Most of them are his stories from his time travelling and most of them are true to what happened. Although ... there will be the odd time when he may have told all his stories to the people he is talking too, and that is when he needs to up the antics a little more. These stories are often Des being a little ... careless with the truth. While he has experienced the stories he tells, they may not be his own and come from someone else or sometimes he'll just add a little extra pizzaz to some of his normal stories.
        Either way, strap yourself in, because Aristedes' conversation starters are not one to be missed and more often than not they lead into some very interesting convos.
// use to be wildhorse027 //
-may be slow to reply to things as my irl can be hectic <3-

-wild-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shortstop » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:09 pm

Username: shadow9119
Kalon's name: Quentin
Kalon's conversation starter: [168/250]
Standing at the edge of the conversation circle, you almost spill your drink when a hand places itself ever-so-confidently on your shoulder.

"Hey, bud. Lemme just snake right past ya."

You quickly find out that Quentin is very much one with a silver tongue. He slides into your conversation with ease, and you quickly forget being pushed aside. He's friendly, charming, and his gaze seems to freeze you in place. You can't bring yourself to leave the conversation because this guy manages to be so interesting. Every topic that comes up, he has a relevant story to add. Every tangent that someone goes off on, Quentin is happy to listen and interject with his well-spoken observations.

When the party finally ends, you go home feeling like you really got to know Quentin as a friend.

You have no idea that he was lying through his teeth the whole time. You don't notice your wallet missing until later, either. The whole thing was a ruse, carefully planned by Quentin.
Last edited by shortstop on Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
we do the best we can with what we have
┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓
toyhouse
flight rising
arpg storage
discord: shortstop.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
previously shadow9119 (2011-2021)
shortstop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miilk » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:18 pm

Username: miilk
Kalon's name: Atlas
Kalon's conversation starter: Atlas always starts off conversations with new people with the question, "what is your philosophy on life?" Because they are a very down-to-earth individual, and have been on the search to find someone else who shares ideologies similar to their own.
Art Shop
☽◯☾
they / them
one love ▽ peace,, love,, prosper
.* .✧・゚.: * .✧🧿✧. *:・゚✧. *.
miilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PleaserOfCrowds » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:50 am

Username: PleaserOfCrowds
Kalon's name: Galileo
Kalon's conversation starter:

Galileo is a strange kalon to talk to as he’ll just show up out of nowhere and start talking. Sometimes these conversations are about his travels, sometimes it will be some seemingly useless advice that ends up saving themselves. Galileo doesn’t seem to notice much when he’s dominating the conversation as he tends to go on and on for hours about whatever he has in his mind, he doesn’t see other kalons very much in the deserted wasteland. Though oddly enough despite his ability to ramble on and on for hours at a time, there’s not much to be heard of Galileo’s personal live outside of his business or the many venomous snakes he owns. When asked, he simply elects to pretend he didn’t hear it.

His favorite topics to talk about are the aforementioned travel stories and strange advice but if you listen to him ramble a little longer, you can hear him talk about the various venomous snake species he owns right in his little caravan. Galileo loves to throughly explain what each toxin does in detail and the snake’s various temperaments towards him. Listen to him a little longer, and he’ll tell you all you need to know for survival in the wastelands beyond. While many get bored of Galileo’s ramblings it may be worthwhile to listen as it has been a lifesaver for many in the past especially in the harsh wasteland, even if he’s rather dominating in conversations...
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
────────────────────────────────────────────
♠They/It/Aer♥
────────────────────────────────────────────
Sig Pixels by Carpe. avatar by Skabeebo, chattamind, Jitsuemon, rabbitpulp, Belefur, shinzlll, and me
TH,FR,Artfight,Kals
PleaserOfCrowds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nermal1999 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:33 am

Username: nermal1999
Kalon's name: Bernard

Well I guess it's common knowledge that if you want to start up a conversation with someone, you have
To first say something.
But the key to a good conversation is starting off with the right words.
And for Bernard the right words seem to come easy as he uses the same set every time he meets someone new.

You see each time he sees someone he wants to talk to, Bernard will simply walk up to them and say these exact words. (You hear about pluto? That's messed up)
After that he'll proceed to introduce himself, and a conversation will start and go on from there.
It's a rather weird thing to start off with, but that's just how Bernard rolls.

[123/250]

Hello I'm nermal1999

☆----------☆

(She/her ☆ Adult ☆ dyslexic)

(PTSD, Anxiety, Depression,)

Anime, Manga, Video games, TWST.
☆----------☆
This is me | Kalons | Artfight

("You guys will be fine without me here, right?"Idia Shroud )

ılılıllı▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬( ♫ )▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ılılıllı
nermal1999

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoxiewithaMoxie » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:44 pm

Username: FoxiewithaMoxie
Kalon's name: Rick Venture
Kalon's conversation starter: (In heavy Southern accent) Howdy pal! You've come seeking adventure! Is that so? Well, you've come to 'xactly the right place. I'll take you just about anywhere you need to go... well 'xcept mars. I'm banned there. Plus Russia. And Asia. Also Argentina. KIDDING! I'm not banned from Argentina, it's CUBA we have to worry about. Don't ask me why.... Only joking! It's on account'a the illegal gamblin' ring I set up; oh and my numerous attemp's at anarchy. T'was all in good fun. The Cuban governmen' didn't seem to take tha' as an answer though. Heh, heh. You shoulda seen 'em. I've never seen governmen' officials mor' p'ssed off. Oh, I'm sorry... wher'dya say you were from again?
Rick doesn't mind telling others about his personal life and can come off as invasive at times. He typically starts conversations like this with the customers who he has been hired to transport aboard his boat. He's not very shy about his past; he's practically an open book! He thinks that it helps others feel more comfortable and open to talking with him. He especially likes discussing conspiracy theories, dinosaurs and conspiracy theories about dinosaurs.
I'm a fortress!
FoxiewithaMoxie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baphymet » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:53 pm

Username: Baphymet
Kalon's name: Stolas
Clearing his throat, he opened his mouth to let out the question: “What’s your favorite food? Y’know, I think someone’s favorite food really describes someone as a person.”

He gave a big smile, a toothy grin that’s painfully contagious. He was one to start many conversations, most of them never getting far enough to see them again, but it’s nice. He could start off with anything else, maybe even a hello. Food is something he’s quite passionate about and thinks the stomach is the window to the soul.

(I hope I’m not too late, it’s only 3 hours into friday for me)
" Image
xxImage "
──────────────
hi my name is baphy, nice to meet you.
i hope you have eternal happiness and
i hope you realize how much love you truly
deserve, inhale for 4 and exhale for 4.

──────────────
-Margarita Karapanou, Rien ne va plus.
tr. by Karen Emmerich
Baphymet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Lost soul » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:26 pm

MirrorMask wrote:
Username: MirrorMask
Kalon's name: Pavlov
Pavlov always begins a conversation with someone new by complimenting them, so that even if their conversation goes nowhere at least he knows they'll walk away thinking positively about themselves. With every engagement he has with others he always wants the other person to feel the best they can when talking to him, he doesn't do any of this for any ulterior motive other than he just really loves to see people smile. For his compliments he'll always pick out whatever stands out the most about the person, this can be their eyes to whatever accessories they are wearing. He'll always go the extra mile to ask about it as well, so for example if it's a necklace he'll ask the other person ( after commenting on how gorgeous it is, etc. ) where they got it or if it was a family heirloom perhaps. This wasn't always his go to way of approaching people either but he's learned through trail and error that this is a great way of having strangers open up ( as well be willing to talk to him ). If the other person doesn't seem into chatting with him, he'll respect their space and simply walk away to find someone else who'll be more willing to talk to him.
[ 210 // 250 ]

Congrats! The practical applicability won this competition. Congrats! You will be added to the ref.

An honorable mention to Wolfumus for a simple, relatable conversation starter.
-adult-asocial(likely schizoid)-
DA
No art trades.
Commissions are Closed

sick.
The Lost soul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1921won by MirrorMask

Postby MirrorMask » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:54 pm

Ahhh thank you so much !! This is my first ever main adopt win and I'm super stroked it was this fella ^^ I can't wait to start developing him further, thank you so much again c:
Image Image Image
message for kalon commissionstoyhou.sekalons
MirrorMask

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1921won by MirrorMask

Postby Wolfumus » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:24 am

Congrats MirrorMask, your entry was great! Thank you for the honorable mention as well!
She/Her or He/Him | Androgynous Female | Bisexual | Adult | OCD & PTSD
Things will get better, I promise. You're doing great!
Wolfumus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me