Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Bull Sharriers by WitchHazel

Artist WitchHazel [gallery]
Time spent 14 hours, 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
30 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Inkeyu

by Inkeyu

by Inkeyu

by Inkeyu

by Inkeyu

by Inkeyu

by Inkeyu

by Inkeyu

Bull Sharriers

Postby WitchHazel » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:37 pm

Bull Sharriers

Main Threads
NurseryTransfersCustoms & MYOs
EventsShelterArchivesScientist SearchShoppe

This Thread
LoreGuidelinesTraits & SubspeciesStaff & Applications
FreebiesMascots

Community
⟡ Discussion Thread ⟡ Discord ⟡ Archive Updates ⟡

Previous Versions
Version 1.0Version 2.0
What is a Sharrier?
Bull Sharriers (or Sharriers for short) are semiaquatic canids resulting from experimentation with shark and canine DNA. Their short, water-repellant fur and webbed paws make them perfect for both land and water habitats. Sharriers feed primarily on aquatic life forms such as fish and squid, but will eat just about anything - even non-food items. They originate from a chain of islands called the Sherridan Isles, which range drastically in climate and terrain. Sharriers vary greatly in personality, and many have different biological adaptations or mutations.

News
⟡ Welcome to V3!
Last edited by WitchHazel on Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:04 am, edited 18 times in total.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lore

Postby WitchHazel » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:37 pm

History and Lore
WIP

The Sherridan Isles
WIP

Species Information
Physiology
Bull Sharriers (or Sharriers for short) are semiaquatic canids resulting from experimentation with shark and canine DNA. They possess both lungs and gills, making them able to live either underwater or on land - or even both. When a Sharrier submerges itself in water, the lungs stop working and the gills immediately take over. When a Sharrier comes up on land, the gills cease functioning and the lungs promptly start working again. Most of a Sharrier's flesh is cartilaginous, but they do have a skeleton made of bone. Sharriers have short, water-repellant fur and webbed paws, making them excellent swimmers. Their teeth are serrated and positioned in rows. These teeth are continually shed and replaced. Sharriers have a high jaw strength, and can easily crunch through wooden furniture and other items. They can survive in both saltwater and freshwater, as well as on land.
Many Sharriers mate for life, but not all! Sharriers reproduce viviparously, and give birth to litters of 1-4 pups. Pups are fully formed when born, and their eyes open mere hours after birth. They rely on their parents for food until late adolescence, when they learn to hunt for themselves. Pups will often live with their parents in family groups known as pods. Pups are about the size of a domestic cat when born, whereas adults range between the size of a large dog to the size of a pony.

Senses
Sharriers are primarily crepuscular - they are the most active during dusk and dawn. The pupils of a Sharrier's eyes constrict and dilate with the amount of light in an area, as well as due to emotional changes. Sharriers have an excellent sense of smell, as well as impeccable hearing. Their snouts are packed full of electroreceptors; allowing them to sense electrical fields. This ability is used to locate prey and to avoid potential predators. This can create a problem in the modern age, however; Sharriers often mistake electronic devices for food.
Diet
Sharriers feed primarily on aquatic life forms such as fish and squid, but will eat just about anything - even non-food items. Sharriers have a sturdy digestive system, however; it's not the end of the world if one of them eats a pair of socks or a piece of a car tire. Overall, Sharriers need a lot of salt in their diet to stay healthy, along with proteins and lipids.
Behaviour
Sharriers range widely in personality; each one is different in their temperament and quirks. They are all fairly intelligent however, and are often very curious. Some Sharriers can exhibit aggressive or destructive behaviour, particularly when frustrated or bored. When feeling aggressive or threatened, a Sharrier will arch their back, flatten their ears, and wave their tail in a slow, threatening motion. If that isn't enough, they will bare their teeth and emit a low growl. Nonverbal communication is very important to Sharriers, and is key in total communication.
Last edited by WitchHazel on Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Guidelines

Postby WitchHazel » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:40 pm

No form of biased behaviour or discrimination is accepted here under any circumstances.
This includes but is not limited to:
⟡ Homophobia or homophobic behaviors such as a Scientist or Love Doctor refusing to breed two Sharriers of the same gender
⟡ Transphobia or genderphobia including TERF behavior
⟡ Racism of any form, including remotely anti-BLM behavior such as statements like "all lives matter" or "blue lives matter". Please read Tess's post on the issue for further information!
⟡ Sexism or misogyny
We are all people, please treat each other as such.

General Rules
⟡ This is a closed species; you may not make your own without buying an MYO ticket.
⟡ There is no current limit for how many Sharriers you can own.
⟡ Please be respectful of our staff and community members!
⟡ You may not sell your Sharriers at the moment. You may trade your Sharriers for other Sharriers, gift your Sharriers to another user, or surrender them to the Shelter.
⟡ All Sharriers may be any gender or sexuality.
⟡ You cannot transfer any Sharrier’s design to any other species.
⟡ Please do not steal any existing Sharriers. If they don’t belong to you, you may not use them.
⟡ Give the artist credit whenever credit is due.
⟡ When you win a Sharrier, you may not edit the lines, traits, or colours. You may, however, add as many Add-Ons as you wish!
⟡ You may only breed your Sharrier through the Nursery.
⟡ Your Sharrier may have the same name as another Sharrier! It happens with people all the time, so why not Sharriers?
⟡ Please do not whine or beg if you don’t win a contest.
⟡ You get three strikes. If you break more than three rules, you could be banned from the community.
⟡ These rules are subject to change however I see fit.

Staff Rules
⟡ Most General Rules apply to you as well!
⟡ These are MOSTLY free adopts! As such, most of our adopts should be determined by contests and such. However, you may ask for C$, pets, or art occasionally. If you are making a custom for someone, you may accept payment.
⟡ Scientists must make at least one design monthly. Please inform me of any inactivity.
⟡ The dog breed involved in the creation of Sharriers is always the English Bull Terrier. Please do not change this without my permission!
⟡ '00 adopts will be MYTHICS, and must have custom lines. Please ask me if you would like to make an '00 adopt, and PM the final design to me before posting it - all final Mythic designs must be approved by me.
⟡ Every staff member may make themself one custom per month, and Interns get the same so long as they make at least one adopt first. This custom may be FANCY or lower. If you are not a Scientist and would prefer that a Scientist make your custom for you, then please ask them.
⟡ Every staff member may make themself TWO MYTHIC customs per year - please consult with me before you make yours! Mythics have a large impact on the world of the Sharriers. All final Mythic designs must be approved by me.
⟡ This is a large file! It might take a while to load. Feel free to delete layers that you don't use! Just leave my signature alone please.
Scientists MUST list the rarity category (Standard, Modest, or Fancy) as well as any edits/traits a Sharrier has on its adopt page. If it is a certain subspecies, please list that in addition. You may use the format that I use to make things easier if you'd like! It is posted below.
Code: Select all
[center][url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4464429][img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/i/eecc7b36-e0c0-48c3-be47-3ca111ef16eb/de8v5pz-d63767c9-000d-4c68-90d0-4a0095c12150.png[/img][/url]

[size=85][b]STANDARD/MODEST/FANCY Sharrier[/b][/size]
[size=75]{Traits/Edits here - if none, remove this part!}[/size][/center]
Last edited by WitchHazel on Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:37 pm, edited 11 times in total.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Traits & Subspecies

Postby WitchHazel » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:41 pm

Free Add-Ons!
In addition to being used by Scientists, these can also be added to preexisting Sharriers by their owners.
⟡ Eyelashes ⟡ You may add eyelashes to a Sharrier! These can be the premade set of eyelashes or a custom set.
⟡ Tattoos ⟡ You may add tattoos to your Sharrier! These do not pass genetically, and a reference of the Sharrier without tattoos must also be present.
⟡ Small Scars ⟡ You may add small scars to a Sharrier at any time! These include small nicks in the ears or fins. However, large scars such as burns or missing limbs cannot be added freely and will have a rarity. These do not pass genetically.
⟡ Expression Edits ⟡ You may edit your Sharrier's expression however you wish!
⟡ Accessories ⟡ You may add any accessories to a Sharrier! If adding a wig, you must specify that it is a wig and not hair, and also provide a wigless reference of your Sharrier. Accessories will not pass genetically.
⟡ Animal Companions ⟡ You may give your Sharrier little companions of some sort! These are most often real-world animals, but can also be creatures like faeries, unicorns, kitsunes, etc.

Rarity Chart
Standard
Standard Sharriers have little to no edits. Small edits are perfectly acceptable! Below are some examples. This is not a definitive list - any sort of small edit can count here!
⟡ Weight Changes ⟡ Skinnier, heavier, or more muscular than the standard lines.
⟡ Slight Height Edits ⟡ Taller or shorter than the standard lines, within reason.
⟡ Sclera Colour ⟡ A Sharrier's sclera can be any colour, and is often (but not always!) a lighter shade of the iris colour.
⟡ Pupil Shape ⟡ Because Sharriers' pupils constrict and dilate like those of a cat, many different pupil shapes are often seen.
⟡ Claws ⟡ These are the premade claws!
⟡ Small Teeth Edits ⟡ These can be fangs, snaggleteeth, or teeth showing due to an overbite or underbite. However, they must not extend past the chin.
⟡ Tongue Shape ⟡ Sharriers may have any tongue shape! This must be approximately the same size of the regular tongue.
⟡ Hair Tufts ⟡ Hair tufts are just small tufts of hair on the top of a Sharrier's head.

Modest
Modest Sharriers will have more complex edits. This follows the rule of ONEs - I.e. one set of horns, wings, eyes, ears, etc. Below are some more examples! This is not a definitive list - any edits that are do not change the basic structure of the body can be put under this category. This includes add-ons like horns, wings, and such, but please stick to the rule of ones!
⟡ Fur Length Changes ⟡ This can be extra fur or fluff in any area, or even a hairless Sharrier.
⟡ Hair ⟡ Hair of any kind atop a Sharrier's head. This can be any length.
⟡ Manes ⟡ These can be back manes and/or lion manes!
⟡ Fin Edits ⟡ Different fins! This can be a different shark species, different fish species, or even missing or severely damaged fins.
⟡ Large Claws ⟡ Claws of any length!
⟡ Large Teeth ⟡ Fangs/teeth of any length, including tusks!
⟡ Long Tongue ⟡ A tongue longer than the standard!

Fancy
Fancy Sharriers can have almost unlimited edits! Multiples of anything are fine here - i.e. multiple pairs of eyes, ears, wings, horns, etc. The basic shape of the head must remain the same. Below are some more examples. This is not a definitive list; any edit that is not listed under Mythic can go here!
⟡ Major Gene Splicing ⟡ Some Sharriers have the genes of other animals spliced in with theirs! Any major features of other animals would fall under this category.
⟡ Eyes on the Body ⟡ Extra pairs of eyes anywhere on a Sharrier's body.
⟡ Wide Mouth ⟡ An extra-wide mouth that stretches beyond the normal length a mouth would!
⟡ Form-Changing ⟡ A Sharrier with more than one form, such as a Demon Sharrier that can look like a regular Sharrier, a Werebeast, a Sharrier that changes with the seasons, etc.
⟡ Magic Powers ⟡ Nothing world-altering. I.e. plant growth abilities, illusion magic, pyrokinesis, invisibility, partial immortality, etc.
⟡ NGU ⟡ A Sharrier pup that never grows up!

Mythic
Mythic Sharriers are god-tier Sharriers. There are no limits with edits for these guys; go wild. These will only be available at '00 adopts, or for special events. Some specific traits that can only be used by Mythics are listed below.
Every Mythic made must be approved by the CEO before posting.
⟡ Major Magical Abilities ⟡ Abilities like world-altering magic. I.e. Creation/Destruction powers, omnipotence, unbreakable mind control; basically god abilities.
⟡ Multiple Heads ⟡ Any number of heads that is larger than ONE.
⟡ Immortality ⟡ These Sharriers can live thousands of years, with no known weaknesses or methods of destruction.
⟡ Sentient Body Parts ⟡ Any part of a Sharrier's body that can think for itself.
⟡ Different Body Substance ⟡ A complete body made of any substance that is not flesh. I.e. rock, lava, gemstones, water, etc.

Subspecies
Demon Sharriers
Demon Sharriers are from the depths of the Underworld, ruled over by Lord Astaroth himself. Every Demon Sharrier has at least one set of horns and a devil tail. Most have fangs, forked tongues, long claws, slitted pupils, and coloured sclera, but not all. Changes in number of eyes are common amongst Demon Sharriers, with some having more than two, and some having only one. Batlike wings or eyes on the body may also be present. Some demon Sharriers can take on the form of a regular Sharrier, but not all. All Demon Sharriers started working under Astaroth, though there are some who have since defected, retired, or otherwise left the Underworld.
Last edited by WitchHazel on Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff & Applications

Postby WitchHazel » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:50 pm

Staff

CEO & Demographist
Owner & Archivist

WitchHazel

Laboratory Technicians
Moderators

Chaotic_Affection

JuniperOfRiverclan

Scientists
Artists

Inkeyu

Love Doctors
Nursery Artists

OPEN
[url=?][img]-[/img][/url]

Interns
Guest Artists

-
[url=?][img]-[/img][/url]

Applications

Laboratory Technician
This job basically consists of checking threads to make sure that everyone is following the rules. As an LT, you would have the authority to deal out warnings and bans. You would get the standard one custom per month like the rest of the staff, as long as you are active. You don't have to design it yourself - you can ask an artist to do it for you.
If you would like to be an LT, please PM this form to me after you've filled it out. Thanks!

I Want To Be a Laboratory Technician!
Username:
Reason why you want to be an LT:
How active are you?:
Do you have past experience?:

Scientist/Love Doctor/Intern
Artist/Nursery Artist/Guest Artist
Please apply at the Scientist Search!

Permissions

Lab Technicians
May:
⟡ Dole out warnings and bans as they see fit, so long as there is good reasoning behind it
⟡ Host events such as holiday events or randomly themed events. Please run everything by the CEO (me) first! Make sure to post all events under the Events board.
⟡ Make themself one custom per month of FANCY or lower. If you would prefer that a Scientist make your custom for you, simply ask them.
⟡ Make themself TWO MYTHIC customs per year - please consult with the CEO (me) before you make yours! Mythics have a large impact on the world of the Sharriers. All final Mythic designs must be approved by the CEO (me).

Scientists and Love Doctors
May:
⟡ Host events such as holiday events or randomly themed events. Please run everything by the CEO (me) first! Make sure to post all events under the Events board.
⟡ Judge the Scientist Search entries and PM the CEO (me) with the new Scientists and Interns so they can be added them to the staff list
⟡ Make customs for others at a reasonable price, as well as set individual prices for customs so long as everything follows the CS rules
⟡ Make (a) runner-up(s) as contest rewards
⟡ Give out SharkBait (Shoppe Credit) as rewards for honourable mentions during contests
⟡ Give out SharkBait during events for special circumstances such as rewards and such
⟡ Make themself one custom per month of FANCY or lower OR pick out an item from the Shoppe, so long as they have already put out one adopt for the month OR completed one breeding or orphan litter for the month
⟡ Make themself TWO MYTHIC customs per year - please consult with the CEO (me) before you make yours! Mythics have a large impact on the world of the Sharriers. All final Mythic designs must be approved by the CEO (me).

Interns
May:
⟡ Stay on for ONE MONTH, after which they may be reevaluated if they wish to become a Scientist
⟡ Make as many adopts as they'd like during their time as an Intern, with a minimum of 2.
⟡ Make (a) runner-up(s) as contest rewards
⟡ Make themself one custom of FANCY or lower so long as they've already put out one adopt, OR pick out an item from the Shoppe.

Anyone
May:
⟡ Make fanart or gift lines for the species!
⟡ Create Sharrier-based roleplays!

Last edited by WitchHazel on Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Freebies

Postby WitchHazel » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:53 pm

Stickers
Bump Sticker
[center][img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/i/eecc7b36-e0c0-48c3-be47-3ca111ef16eb/dduk8ne-0f907dda-c409-441c-b58f-8974504210d6.png[/img][/center]

Closed Competition Sticker
[center][img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/i/eecc7b36-e0c0-48c3-be47-3ca111ef16eb/ddum6th-7cc37efe-6ad1-43e3-89af-7c7e3d6f4bf2.png[/img][/center]

Stamps

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4464429][img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/i/eecc7b36-e0c0-48c3-be47-3ca111ef16eb/dduuxq3-e51585b2-1980-418a-9658-8820793f66e4.png[/img][/url]

Gift Art
Last edited by WitchHazel on Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mascots

Postby WitchHazel » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:55 pm

Tibbs
Quinn
Karcharías
Akula
Last edited by WitchHazel on Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bull Sharriers

Postby WitchHazel » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:55 pm

Posting is now officially open! c:
Hi there!
I'm WitchHazel; your friendly neighborhood witch. You can call me Hazel for short c:
I use she/they pronouns

TH

BLM <3
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bull Sharriers