Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Postby taichi » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:16 am

Username: taichi
    Clan: house of thieves

Quest Number: #1
    Response:
    how does your clan's medicine cat (or equivalent of one) heal others-- are they brash and demanding, or patient and kind?
    "Well, Ilyrias? What do you say?" Locenhai questioned, small, fine hairs littering his brow as it pulled itself in to a tight line. Impatience brewed up in his veins, but he decided against brash actions for a better chance at clarity. "The king wants to give you this promotion, you are not seen as nothing but a clinician anymore. You are our longest, and our best." Locenhai sighed slightly, frustration webbed in his eyes, as his gaze pierced in to the bodice in front of him. A faint wobble glued in his pawpads.

The chocolate-amber tortie turned their head, their eyes were soft, mouth slightly agape with a curl laying on one side. "No." They responded courtly with a surly expression withering on to their face "Now before I feed you Azalea leaves for wasting my time. What hurts? I know you aren't here just for that."

Sage eyes dulled in a moment, rejection always struck a painful punch but when it had been the only task he had been advised with before a peaceful leave of absence, persistence sprinkled itself in every word. Locenhai's ear twitched, with a frown forming on his face "Not much." he responded, his voice faint, as if it was struggling to escape the chasm of his vocal cords. A kitten's whisper had more strength than the words he had spoke. "I think...I ate something strange. I'm so tired, and I feel so sick". He muttered, as a crawling in his throat disrupted his half-brained daze.

Ilyrias' eyes widened, a faint shake of their pupil was evident. Their immediate thought was the patrol's return from a neighbouring territory. "Saffron from the meadow". They stated, immediately pushing up their haunches and swaying their tail to their side. "Locenhai, did you eat from Saturn's gifts?". A small hum came from the male cat in front of them, acknowledging such, Ilyrias nodded. They strolled toward the larger male and threw a pitiful smile his way "Lean on me, you need to rest." Ilyrias stated calmly, care binded in every syllable which flowed out their mouth.
    In small, slow steps, Ilyrias guided Locenhai over toward a small, beaten up couch, stained with endless substances. Ones of which were not identifiable by smell alone. The couch had been utilized years beyond it had should have but that had been a theme for the cats of the house of thieves. Ilyrias nudged the blue tabby tom on the couch, a faint smell of lavender twirling in to their nostrils - a gift from their favourite scout: Saturn. Who would often claim the area of the camp Ilyrias spent the most time in "stunk of death" and "looked like a morgue".

"Ilyrias, I really can't. The king needs me to run errands" Locenhai wheezed, trying to push up on to his paws. His accompaniment left silence drawn in the air as they walked away to a corner. With an inhale, the tom attempted to stand, only to be forced down by another body. As shock slithered away he grunted, seeing Ilyrias' body pushing his own down.
    Ilyrias smirked a little and dropped a bundle of herbs in front of Locenhai. "Eat". they demanded, pushing down on the tom's paws.
    Locenhai winced with the pain, although a kind-hearted feline, Ilyrias was not one to argue with when it came to caring for the sick. They would always get what they wanted, and that's what made them the best clinician they had seen in moons. He leant down and sniffed the herbs, permitting his heart to give in, he opened his mouth to pick them up and chew.

A pressured weight left his paws, and a warmth crawled under his chin. Locenhai looked down to see Ilyrias curling up in to him.
    Ilyrias smiled "You are going to feel awful Locenhai. You shouldn't feel it alone. I gave you some Yarrow, it's used for poison, and well, you may vomit. It's not pretty I know" they cooed. A light purr cascading out of their jaws. "There's also some stinging nettle seeds in there, they do same thing really. I want to give you some poppy seeds too, so you can be rested well, but not until we get everything out of your system. If you think about leaving, I will make you feel worse, okay? So just rest." Ilyrias grumbled, their threat was not to be taken lightly.

[ooc; eek, writers block near middle-end, will rewrite soon!]
    Word Count: 733 words
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█████
▬▬▬▬▬▬
█████
█████
█████████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
taichi - fr/en - cet+1
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xiitoyhouse | pronouns
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bio space is so awkward
but hey i write sometimes.
my dms are open always.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
taichi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

stars quest board - september quests!!

Postby sunny-skies » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:31 pm

[ Start of Round ]

Hana wrote:"thank you all for entering!!"

August Quests

Quest #1
coffee.berry -- +15 xp
taichi -- +45 xp

Quest #2
coffee.berry -- +35 xp
birdbones -- +30 xp

Quest #3
coffee.berry -- +45 xp

Please remember to link to this post in your next explore post to use your exp!

Hana wrote:"i wanted to give something to those of you that put in some extra effort into your entries! you can use your earnings to buy something in starclan's shop!"

coffee.berry -- +190 stardust

Hana wrote:"thank you everyone for participating!"

Quest #1 - taichi
+1 C myo

Quest #2 - birdbones
+1 C myo

Quest #3 - coffee.berry
+1 C myo

Hana wrote:"wait, don't leave yet! I still had some more questions!"

A new round has begun!

QUEST #1
how did one of your cats earn their name?
You may write and/or draw your response to this prompt.

QUEST #2
what is an interesting feature in your clan's territory?
You may only draw your response to this prompt.

QUEST #3
what is the backstory of one of your cats, and how did they become a part of their clan?
You may only write your response to this prompt.
Last edited by sunny-skies on Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Quest Board

Postby coffee.berry » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:21 pm

Username: coffee.berry
Clan: Peaceclan

Quest Number: #1
Response:

Cloudstorm (then Cloudpaw) was nervously hugging his duck, Pickles. Today was his adult ceremony!

Cloudpaw was scared that his clanmates would shoo him off, since he’d left the clan a few moons ago to see a Tribe. Thankfully, the Tribe was a friend of Peaceclan’s, and they promised to take care of him until he was old enough to be an apprentice, because Cloud quite liked the Tribe.

Cloudpaw didn’t choose which role he wanted to be apprenticed to - it was a very hard choice. So, his ancestors in Twinkleclan were going to be choosing for him.

A bit before the ceremony, Cloudpaw’s mother, Otterglow, had come to speak to him. “Cloud?” she called, as she entered the apprentice den. All of Cloudpaw’s friends and family called him Cloud, for some reason. “You in here?”

“No,” Cloudpaw called back, soon after realizing that he’d revealed his hiding place. “I mean, Cloud is not in here. I’m his duck, Pickles.” Cloudpaw heard his mother snort.

“Alright, then.” Otterglow said. “I’m coming to see Pickles.”
Cloudpaw heard quiet footsteps nearing his hiding place (behind a big pile of moss and dirt).

“Gotcha!” Otterglow jumped in front of Cloudpaw, who giggled like a maniac. “Cloud, why are you nervous?”

Cloudpaw explained about the Tribe and how he thought everyone would tell him he didn’t deserve being in the Clan. Otterglow laughed and told him that everyone is outside, waiting for him. Everyone loves him.

“Really?” Cloudpaw asked. “Thanks, mom. I love you!” “I love you too.” Otterglow smiled. “Little duck!” she laughed.

And so, Cloudpaw had his ceremony and became Cloudstorm. Soon after, Saltwater took him to the Cave Of Secrets, where Twinkleclan told them that Cloudstorm would be a Fisher.

That night, Cloudstorm went to sleep with a big smile on his face, Pickles sitting behind him.

Word Count: 306 words ^^

Quest Number: #2
Response:
Word Count:

Quest Number: #3
Response:

Crowpaw ran from Swampclan, frightened more than he’d ever been afraid before.
His clan had threatened to end his life.

“Gotta leave now..” he was mumbling to himself. “Away from danger.” Crowpaw was so determined to leave his old clan, that he didn’t notice the cat in front of him. They were collecting berries and herbs, but as I said, he didn’t notice.

“Never going back again.” Crowpaw told himself. “They’re dangerous. They’re cruel. Nobody deserves to be there.”
Crowpaw got so tired, he fainted right in front of the cat.

———

“Hey,” a voice said. Crowpaw opened his eyes. “You’re back!”
It was the cat he didn’t notice - well, not until he fainted. She was beautiful.
Cinnamon coloured with aqua eyes that seemed to smile at him.

“Back from.. where?” Crowpaw asked, tilting his head. This was the strangest conversation he had ever had.
Who says ‘you’re back’ to strangers? She must’ve mistaken him for one of her clan members.

“From La-La Land!” the cat smiled mischievously. “You were muttering all kinds of weird stuff in your sleep.”
La-la Land.. now this cat had gone too far. He was not from La-La Land! And he was not saying weird stuff.

“You were.” the cat said, as if reading his mind. “Also, who’s Coldstar?”

“He’s.. my old leader.” Crowpaw said uneasily. “He, uh, threatened to end my life. So, I ran away. I’m Crowpaw, by the way.” “Well he certainly sounds cold!” the cat said. “Good name. I’m Mosspaw, future dream healer of Peaceclan!”

“Dream.. healer?” Crowpaw questioned. “Oh, medicine cat!”

“Yes. Anyways, let’s get you to Peaceclan camp!” Mosspaw said, pushing him towards her clan. “You need shelter.”

Crowpaw didn’t object. He followed her, making sure that she didn’t get out of his sight, but every step he made seemed to hurt each bone in his body. Maybe it was because he ran too much?

When they got to the Dream Healer Den, Mosspaw told him that her mentor, Saltwater was out collecting herbs as well, so that she’d have to take care of him herself. She told him to lie down, and she would take care of the rest.

When Crowpaw woke up, Mosspaw and a cat (Saltwater?) were looking at him.
“Well, Crowpaw!” Saltwater said. “It seems like you’ve got a nasty cut on your paw. You’ll have to stay in here for a bit, okay? Mosspaw can keep you company.”

Crowpaw was glad. Mosspaw somehow made things seem less boring than they actually were, so it would be much more fun to have her there instead of being alone.

When Saltwater left, Mosspaw smiled at Crowpaw. “Guess what, Crowpaw? My mom, our leader, says you can join the clan!” Mosspaw said cheerfully. “You don’t even need a ceremony. So, now you’re my clan member!”

And that was the story of how Crowpaw became part of Peaceclan.

Word Count: 480 words
Last edited by coffee.berry on Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:38 am

Username: nio
    Clan: mesaclan

QUEST #1

QUEST #2
    the eye of the stars! featuring: wolfstar, fumblewhisker, scorpionsting, doubletrouble, myrtleshade

QUEST #3
    what is the backstory of one of your cats, and how did they become a part of their clan?
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

semi-hiatus! focusing on bettering my health ^o^
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lunar-lynx » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:34 am

Username: lunar-lynx
    Clan: CedarClan

Quest Number: 1
    Response: Falconstrike
    Word Count:

Quest Number: 2
    Response:

Quest Number: 3
    Response: Snowstar's History
    Born on a stormy night in early leaf-fall, Snowstar's legacy begins. Wind had whipped through the trees, throwing back a cat moving against the wind with the slightest of gales. Hard rain had driven down stinging against unprotected pelts and digging into flesh. Cats had frantically darted about, leaping into their dens in a desperate attempt to stay warm. To stay dry. To stay safe. But, out in the middle of the forest, blood smeared across her fur, wails building up in her chest, Sparrowflight began to kit. She dropped to the ground, begging for a better time, a better place. With no other choice, Sparrowflight waited in pain, helplessness flooding over her. Agony raked through her body like silver claws and her heart raced. The edges of her vision had started to become blurred, her blood seeping into the ground when thunder struck. Lightning split the sky, setting the ground alight for a short second. And then, all seemed calm. The pain ebbed, and a tiny, helpless mewling picked up. Sparrowflight turned, numb, to release her kittens from the sac. Mustering up her strength, she brought her kits to life: Owlkit and Snowkit.

From the time Snowkit and her brother were old enough to open their eyes, it was obvious the disdain the rest of the clan bore them. Once they were old enough to walk about on their own, the leader came to visit. Snowkit could see on her mother's face that she knew this day was coming. "Sparrowflight. Your kits are old enough to travel with you now. By mating with a warrior outside of this clan, you have broken the warrior code. I have allowed you to stay for this long, but the time has come for you to leave us. We cannot allow this act to go unpunished and your loyalty to lie elsewhere. You must take your kits and leave us." Sparrowflight dipped her head and the leader left the den.

The days after seemed to fly for Snowkit. She grew up strong and healthy, despite the difficulties that come with being a rogue. Their mother had been a strong warrior in her time and provided as well as she could. She taught her kits how to hunt and to fight. They were apprentices by their own right. The clan life never seemed to leave her heart, though. They may have exiled her family and she may have only spent a couple moons with them, but she was a clan cat through and through. Sparrowflight eventually passed on, leaving her kits on their own. She had named them both warriors before she left them. Snowkit was now known as Snowdrift, and she wanted to start her own clan. One that would be more understanding than their previous clan had been. Her brother, now known as Owlclaw, was not as passionate as she was but refused to abandon her. So, they went on to form CedarClan. They would follow the warrior code, as their mother had taught them, but they would not exile cats for making a single mistake. CedarClan would be a strong clan, but they would know when to show compassion. Not cat gets left behind.
    Word Count: 533
ImagexxxxxImagexxxxImagexxxxImage
Cats, Video Games, and Game of Thrones obsessed. xxxxx >>> xxxxx deviantart . tumblr . characters . cedarclan (stars)
lunar-lynx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby néktar » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:31 am

Username: nektar
    Clan: shallowclan

QUEST #1

Response: in a twist of fate that they will never know, foxglove has come to assume that they were given their name according to their ruddy pelt and the white markings on their paws. simple and precise, though the story is much deeper then they could have imagined.

foxglove's mother, softpoppy, had just discovered she was pregnant. it was a clouded new-leaf morning, just before a storm where the air was electric and whiskers stood on end. her mate had dawn patrol and was expected back by now. she had waited pacing for what felt like hours outside the medicine den, watching the clouds dance along with the movement of her clanmates. the gentle dripping of the cavern surrounding camp peaking her ears, her eyes searching for her beloved, cats flowed in and out of camp she didn't recognize any of them to be the ruddy furred tom known as beechtuft. finally tired waiting she decided to find her himself, she left camp swiftly lifting her maw to the air trying to catch the scent of him. there was a faint scent of him from this morning, she knew he was to patrol the southern side of the island so there, it was also known as the cliffside of the island.

as the wind started to pick up, her worry only grew running through the tall grassy as it whipped around her. she ran past a small hollow and caught the sound of a familiar voice. she slowed her pace and got low, it was laughter.. giggling and hushed words. she crept to the edge of the hollow and peeked out unto the scene below. a scene that twisted her heart and created a knot with her vocal cords. there was the one cat that she had trusted, fallen for and promised her life to floundering about with someone else though she also knew that someone else. she felt her stomach retch, the fur on the back of her neck stood on end and her jaw tightened. she would never forget the bittersweet smell of foxglove just before a storm and the day her heart was broken.

though she did not name her beloved after such a terrible memory more for the beauty of her love and the bad taste that it brought from time to time. though she wouldn't have changed it for anything and loved her only kit till her last breath. foxglove now carries their mothers undying love with them.
    Word Count: 411

────

QUEST #2

Response: the southern cliffside ruins -- ft. pigeonthroat

────

QUEST #3

Response:
    Word Count: (If applicable)
néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:47 pm

Username: SilentMelody
    Clan: Shoreclan

Quest Number: 1
    Word Count: 310 words
    Response: how did one of your cats earn their name?

Aspentoes is an odd cat, not that many of the other cats residing in Shoreclan aren't odd. But this particular she-cat special in her own way because she's always had the choice of her name, no matter how many times that name may have changed.

At first, she was a kittypet by the name of Toes. She has no idea why her humans named her this, but she accepted it and allowed the people to call her this. But soon, it became tiring to hear. Over and over again... Toes, food is ready! Toes, get down from there! No, Toes! Bad, Toes!

She didn't want to be a bad Toes. And her soul sought more adventure. Something better than the life of a kittypet. So she left her home and ventured into the forest. Soon, she came across a beach on the edge of the forest, and she wandered for a few days. It was by luck -- or her insolence -- that she was found by a Shoreclan patrol when she was hunting.

Toes was sent to the leader, Shellstar, and she spoke of her wishes for a new life. For a moon, she was given a trial to test her loyalty and her worth to the clan. At the end of her trial, she was made an apprentice. At this point, she knew it was customary for apprentices to be given the suffix "-paw", but she still had some sentiment to her kittypet name. And so, she requested that her prefix would be "-paws", similar to her plural name of "Toes". Shellstar, amused, gave her the apprentice name of Aspenpaws.

The same applied to her warrior name ceremony. She approached Shellstar and requested to choose her suffix. Despite leaving her kittypet life, she still felt sentimental towards the Twolegs who loved her. In dedication to them, she named herself Aspentoes.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:42 am

Username: Griff
Clan: Clan Ember

Quest Number: One
Response:

Crowcall and Blossomcrown sat together, peaceful and undisturbed. Crowcall had used the excuse of a hurting paw, but anyone could tell he just wanted to see the Medicine Cat. Blossomcrown had no intention to turn him away either, even going as far as to play along with his hurting paw story and clean it, as well as wrap the 'offending' paw. As she worked, the pair simply enjoyed each others company, sharing stories from each others lives and work.

"So... I bet you got your name because you like to make those things huh?" Crowcall asked, pointing to the crown on feather's atop the Medicine Cat's head. This earned a warm laugh from the other.

"No no! As a kitten I stuck my head into a flowerbush where it looked like I had a crown and the name sort of stuck!" She explained, amused. Crowcall laughed with her, until she gently poked his side.

"What about you, how did you get your name?" The tom blinked a moment, gold eyes staring at her.

"I... oh! Oh! Well, as a kitten there was a group of really noisy crows, and I thought I could be louder than them. It was a lot of fun, just yowling at them! The others thought I was trying to communicate with them and so... yeah. Crowcall. I wish I could tell ya a more excitin' story but there it is..." Blossomcrown looked at him a moment, before leaning in to touch noses with him.

"Your story is yours... so I find it perfect," she said, causing Crowcall's tail to twitch. He felt like electricity had run down his spine, before meeting her eyes. She simply chuckled, gesturing him back into her den. "Come on, I haven't finished your exam..." She purrs, playful.
Word Count: 297

Username: Griff
Clan: Clan Ember

Quest Number: Three
Response: 'What am I going to do?' Emberstar asked himself. He had been given such a huge task, to start a new clan, and he had no idea how to even start! How was he worthy of this? Why had they chosen him to come back to life? There had to be so many other worthy cats out there, he did not understand! Well, one paw in front of the other he reminded himself. He would take a walk around the area, see if he encountered any cats. And then... oh who was he kidding? He had no idea what to do then!

'Hey there Stranger, you look a bit lost,' purred a voice. He looked up to see a cat who was white, with traces of soft gray and tufted ears. "Like, oh I don't know, you were just brought back from the dead or something..." Emberstar started, fur on end.

"How did you...?"

"Eh, saw the whole thing. I like to keep sharp eyes on the area and something like your story sticks out. That said... what exactly happened?" Emberstar sighed out, explaining how he was a kittypet who had lost everything in the fire, how Sun and Moon had gifted him with extra lives as well as a new task. His new companion took all of this in, blinking but once or twice.

"Woah... that was way more interesting than I thought. Look, we all start from somewhere right? And clearly, this Sun and Moon trust you to do great things! So! I want to see where this goes... I'll be your Deputy. Help you find more cats, help make sure this clan gets a chance to become a blaze. Show you how to find that inner confidence, and be a leader! What do you say?"

"It... it sounds too good to be true. Why would you want to help me?"

"Because... I know what it is like to start from nothing. I've seen things. And well, there's something in your eyes. A spark. You've got potential, and I want to see what you become. Now come on, a Clan is hardly a clan with just two members!" She gestures for him to follow, mind lost in thought. She had lost everything when she had been kicked out of her old clan, all for standing up against the Leader. She hopes, she hoped, this one would be different. She could help shape him to be different, to be good.

...She could make this work. She just had to not think of the family, of the kits she had left behind.
Word Count: 432
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

stars quest board - october quests!!

Postby sunny-skies » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:42 pm

Start of Round

Hana wrote:"thank you everyone, I loved hearing what you all had to say!"

August Quests

Quest #1
nektar -- +30 xp
SilentMelody -- +25
Griff -- +20 xp
coffee.berry -- +25 xp

Quest #2
nio -- +45 xp
nektar -- +45 xp

Quest #3
lunar-lynx -- +35 xp
Griff -- +30 xp
coffee.berry -- +30 xp

Please remember to link to this post in your next explore post to use your exp!

Hana wrote:"here's a little something for those who put some extra hard work into their entries! you can use this to purchase some pretty cool things in starclan's shop!"

nektar -- +150 stardust

Hana wrote:"thank you everyone for participating!"

Quest #1 - SilentMelody + coffee.berry
+C myo

Quest #2 - nio + nektar
+UN myo

Quest #3 - lunar-lynx and Griff
+1UC myo

Hana wrote:"wait, don't leave yet! I still had some more questions!"

A new round has begun!

QUEST #1
when was a time that one of your cats was scared? how did they react, and did they overcome it?

QUEST #2
what is a phobia that one of your cats has?

QUEST #3
how do your cats perceive their ancestors? is it more traditional, or are they viewed in another way?
Last edited by sunny-skies on Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coffee.berry » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:47 pm

Username: coffee.berry
Clan: Peaceclan