MULTIPLE CUSTOM WISHLISTS (UPDATED)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you like the idea of the colored stars?

Yes!
82%
Yes, but I think we could come up with something better
17%
No
2%

Total votes : 290

Re: MULTIPLE CUSTOM WISHLISTS (UPDATED)

Postby rainbowbanda » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:39 pm

As someone who has a large wishlist mostly for the pound I hope this will go into effect one day!!
xxxx i'd choose you
┌.────────────────────

┌.────────────────────
every single time xxxx

────────────────────────────────────────┌.

Vivian❤
Taken|She/Her
⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡

Student
Current mood: In love and tired
Nature and Pastel Lover
Gamer and Otaku

────────────────────────────────────────┌.
rainbowbanda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KathrynKat » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:53 pm

I'm still desperately waiting for this to happen.. I for so many reasons wish I could spit things..
- Main focus
- Hoards
- Dreamies
- Pound
- Extra

I REALLY hope this happens sometime cuz I'd highly appreciate it for myself and for being able to make trading much easier! Even knowing who hoards what more easily, so that I could trade people something small if I only want something small!
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catsplat18 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:32 pm

When I saw the original time this thread was posted I just felt so... disappointed. 12 years. 43 pages on a site suggestion. And no response, not even a no? When's the last time a site suggestion has been implemented besides new ideas for pets and items (which aren't really site suggestions at all, if they're for the artists and not the admins)? I love CS so much, I really do, but sometimes I feel like it doesn't love me back. Quality of life updates are honestly the best part of games. Just little things to make the experience better. Is it really asking too much for a response?
reload to see a new adopt from
my uma storage xx

never forget
summer 2018
she/they|| istp || true neutral ||
slytherin || scorpio || agnostic || bi/pan/queer
♥️ reptiles, birds, arthropods ♥️ my carrd ♥️
♥️ occasional adopts ♥️ my CS collection goals ♥️
Catsplat18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ferretjuice » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:36 pm

KathrynKat wrote:I'm still desperately waiting for this to happen.. I for so many reasons wish I could spit things..
- Main focus
- Hoards
- Dreamies
- Pound
- Extra

I REALLY hope this happens sometime cuz I'd highly appreciate it for myself and for being able to make trading much easier! Even knowing who hoards what more easily, so that I could trade people something small if I only want something small!

Really want this!
ferretjuice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CalicoWolf » Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:34 am

KathrynKat wrote:I'm still desperately waiting for this to happen.. I for so many reasons wish I could spit things..
- Main focus
- Hoards
- Dreamies
- Pound
- Extra

I really like the idea of these categories.

Also would love to see an "official" answer of some sort. I mean, after 10+ years, it would be nice to get some sort of official feedback. Feel like this is ups Nick's alley of tech.... Can we tag Nick? :lol: But regardless, I still wholeheartedly support this!!
May Odin give you knowledge on your path,
May Thor grant you strength and courage on your way,
and may Loki give you laughter as you go.
Discord name: RainbowWolf#4227
Three things cannot be long hidden:
the sun, the moon, and the truth Gautama Buddha.

Annual LOLO Player - Everyone Gets Something.

Treats - Wishlist and Tricks - Non-wishlist
Avi was made by Compumon.
ImageImage
CalicoWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cuddlewuffle » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:17 am

CalicoWolf wrote:
- Main focus
- Hoards
- Dreamies
- Pound
- Extra

I really like the idea of these categories.

Also would love to see an "official" answer of some sort. I mean, after 10+ years, it would be nice to get some sort of official feedback. Feel like this is ups Nick's alley of tech.... Can we tag Nick? :lol: But regardless, I still wholeheartedly support this!!

it'd be a nice feature to have, but i feel like 1 wishlist per person probably takes up a huge amount of space in the database as it is, seems like it'd be an expensive add on
cuddlewuffle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fluffystar » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:32 am

Support!
I could have my "completion" wishlist, my "pets I actually like" wishlist, my "bird" wishlist, my "calico and torti" wishlist... on and on an on. And I could rank them in my trade rules!!!!!

Edit: this may have already been stated, but just in case, it could be formatted like "[star] On your wishlist (name of wishlist)" for the pound.
fluffystar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Feather <3 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:00 am

I wrote up a thread and then deleted it because I found this! Just pasting my thoughts here directly ^_^

---

Curious what people think about the idea of adding support for "bookmarked pets" in addition to "wishlist pets". It could re-use the same implementation in the backend, but my hope is that it could solve a few issues:

1. I often offer wishlist pets and have users tell me that these aren't really the pets they're looking for; they're just on the wishlist so they're more easily searchable when trading.

2. Users going over in trade rules which pets are "true" wishlist pets and which pets are just "interest / hoard / passively searching for", making it hard to keep things straight when putting together an offer.

3. People sometimes intentionally or accidentally circumvent "trading for wishlist pets only" settings by offering a pet that's technically on someone's wishlist, but is only a missed outcome or temporarily on there for some other better searchability reason - thus breaking the spirit of the trade restriction and causing trade frustration for both the pet owner and the person offering.

4. Rummaging through pages and pages of another user's pet groups to try to find something of interest beyond my true wishlist. This increases the likelihood that I simply decline a trade request sent to me if the trading partner doesn't have a pet on my wishlist (since it's so time consuming to sit and page through all their groups), even if they might have some non-wishlist pets I would have been happy enough to trade for if they were just easier to find.

If we want to reduce confusion and bloat, perhaps only wishlist pets are public (as before), and bookmarked pets are purely a per-user private list that just helps us navigate trading situations more easily by making other users' pets more discoverable in a trade.

Thoughts/suggestions/disagreements welcome!

.:Featured Pet:.

Pet's name: Evelyn [♀] <3

Time brings all things to pass.
--Aeschylus

> Always looking to trade!
Feather <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mrs.Shiro.Tora » Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:30 pm

Lol I was the original author of this thread before I was wrongfully banned. It's kind of awesome to see someone cared enough about it to pick it up and revive it for a while.
Mrs.Shiro.Tora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HEXORCISM » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:50 am

apparently i answered the poll at some point in my cs account history but i dont remember seeing this thread at all. anyway, big support. even if its preset options like given previously ("hoards," "dreamies," etc) i would LOVE this. theres just too many pets on a user's account to individually go through each trade group or sometimes even the wishlist group. i could be looking for a specific rare i want but there will be 40+ pages of my hoard pets. no thank you. i just click off even though it means theyd probably be more likely to have my pet than someone with a smaller collection of pets lmao.

the number of users that also send me trades of a common wishlist hoard pet in exchange for a rare dragon is staggering and i hate it. users use these pets to get around wishlist locks to add a new "cheap" pet and then whatever else they just want to add. or they just add the cheap pet because i MUST want and value all the pets on my wishlist equally (sarcasm). wishlist groups would make it much harder for people to do that. it would be very nice (side eyeing nick). that has 0 intention of a trade rant. its just supporting evidence.

Catsplat18 wrote:When I saw the original time this thread was posted I just felt so... disappointed. 12 years. 43 pages on a site suggestion. And no response, not even a no? When's the last time a site suggestion has been implemented besides new ideas for pets and items (which aren't really site suggestions at all, if they're for the artists and not the admins)? I love CS so much, I really do, but sometimes I feel like it doesn't love me back. Quality of life updates are honestly the best part of games. Just little things to make the experience better. Is it really asking too much for a response?

i feel the same way. and it is an incredibly large amount of threads like this. the rarity update, bimonthly items, and additional security features were also users' suggestions. but people fought tooth and nail for them and,,, keeping your site safe and overall keeping it from crashing and burning (whether that be security issues or the economy) feels like basic maintenance to me and not something regular users should have to ask, let alone fight, for.

CalicoWolf wrote:Feel like this is ups Nick's alley of tech.... Can we tag Nick?

i know this was supposed to be a little joke but Nick is the site's one and only coder. it is no longer an alley but a highway,,, sobbing,,,
ImagexxxImage
you should totally click them.xxxxxpfp
HEXORCISM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me