MULTIPLE CUSTOM WISHLISTS (UPDATED)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you like the idea of the colored stars?

Yes!
82%
Yes, but I think we could come up with something better
17%
No
2%

Total votes : 290

Postby Keir; » Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:53 am

bump
║███
║███
║███
─────────
keir - he/him
coding shop
─────────

───┐
ImageImage
███║
███║
███║

███████████
═══════════

─────────────────
hmu if you wanna co-op in
genshin! (NA server, AR 60)
always down to help with
anything, or join just for fun!
─────────────────

███████
──────────
fandoms: svt
ateez, love nikki
genshin, bsd
──────────
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┌───────┐
- 𝐿𝓎𝓃𝑒𝓎​
└───────┘
Keir;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: MULTIPLE CUSTOM WISHLISTS (UPDATED)

Postby Papilio Ulysses » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:35 am

HEXORCISM wrote:apparently i answered the poll at some point in my cs account history but i dont remember seeing this thread at all. anyway, big support. even if its preset options like given previously ("hoards," "dreamies," etc) i would LOVE this. theres just too many pets on a user's account to individually go through each trade group or sometimes even the wishlist group. i could be looking for a specific rare i want but there will be 40+ pages of my hoard pets...

I'm also revisiting this thread to elaborate on my supporting vote in the poll. It is my hope that we could get some official feedback on this suggestion. I feel that this feature is something many players would benefit from - especially when the number of pets we have in our trade groups is so much more now than in the past (and continues to increase).

HEXORCISM wrote:the number of users that also send me trades of a common wishlist hoard pet in exchange for a rare dragon is staggering...

This has happened to me many times as well. Someone will offer me a common BW from my Wishlist on a Wishlist-locked group, and then add a non-Wishlist pet that I don't want at all. Having multiple Wishlists that serve different purposes would help mitigate this situation a lot.

Also, while I like the idea of custom names for Wishlists, custom names in combination with custom star colours would be inconsistent and could cause confusion for some people. Appending descriptions in trade rules, at least to me, would be cumbersome and create more bulk for people to read on top of their usual trade rules.
I'd prefer to streamline the feature: A few pre-made categories of Wishlists assigned to specific coloured stars. We could survey the players to discover which categories we want. I suspect categories like 'Hoard', 'Pound-search', and 'Monthly Outcome' would be a solid place to start.

*Fixed a small typo.
Last edited by Papilio Ulysses on Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
** Tʜᴇ Eɴᴄʜᴀɴᴛɪɴɢ Sᴀɴᴄᴛᴜᴀʀʏ **

Bye bye, little butterfly~
-----------------Image-----------------
Papilio Ulysses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elm » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:20 am

I would LOVE this! It would also be helpful if we could lock the different wishlists for our eyes only, if its just for pound pets, no one else needs to see it. Itll just be confusing trading wise. If it was unlocked for everyone to see/use i have a feeling people would still trade pets off that particular wl even if it was stated not to in our rules.

Elm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GlitchyOddy » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:19 pm

Begging for this
I'd especially love options for a hoard, monthly outcome, dreamie, and pound hunt WL (though just being able to name them is also perfect), it would make things so much easier — not even just for trades, but for organization in general. There are SO many pets on the site at this point and I think it would make things quite a bit smoother in many ways.

Also huge agree!!
Elm wrote:I would LOVE this! It would also be helpful if we could lock the different wishlists for our eyes only, if its just for pound pets, no one else needs to see it...
GlitchyOddy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:22 pm

Elm wrote:
I would LOVE this! It would also be helpful if we could lock the different wishlists for our eyes only, if its just for pound pets, no one else needs to see it. Itll just be confusing trading wise. If it was unlocked for everyone to see/use i have a feeling people would still trade pets off that particular wl even if it was stated not to in our rules.

I once made a small hoard of exclusively pound pets, these!
accounts/viewgroup.php?groupid=4943357&userid=245926

I remember getting quite a few trades for them. People on the site spent their time to offer a trade only for it to be canceled. I had to explain to them I was only hoarding them from the pound. I could have just not wishlisted them, but the wishlist made them easier to spot. Some way to hide your wishlist would be great.

Yesterday I was considering just hoarding PPS eggs of any kind, but I just want to test the waters for it first before committing. Having them on a hidden wishlist would greatly help.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:29 pm

I enjoy this idea greatly, but I think the issue comes with the actual interactions that happen when trading users/viewing the pound. Currently, each user has one dataset referenced against the main site one (items + pets) they can add to and remove from that is polled when interacting with another user or the pound.

With multiple wishlists:
-trading would now have to refresh to load up a different WL view. Refreshing clears a trading screen- so likely a "do you want to switch WLs?" warning would have to be implemented to counter accidentally erasing a bulk trade.
-the pound account itself would have to be made to only poll/show against a user's "pound" WL. This could happen if the Pound WL was a preset option, not a custom list. However, this still immediately doubles the stored data of a WL per user.

With implementing additional group permissions:
-requires preset WLs only, too many variables otherwise. Still runs into the same issues of refreshing, AND would mean that certain groups would not be able to be traded for at the same time, which is a net loss to the trading system rather than a gain- you have to consider if the features adds widespread functionality or inserts more barriers. The communication box, names of groups, and names of pets already provides the ability to let someone know what is being requested.

If CS does have the space to store multiple WLs for people, I would prefer that there not be a pound-specific one/refrain from adding that, as the point of the pound's current set-up is to obscure the rarity, like a grab bag. It would be much better to just show the rarity bars under the pets, and wouldn't require storing a massive amount of additional data per user.

semi-active, missed years 2012 and 2013 entirely- about halfway to catching up!
Looking to complete years 2011, 2014-16 and 2021-23!
Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bellarocks123a » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:53 pm

I like the idea, but there's too many different categories being discussed.

Having a "pound WL" doesn't really seem necessary in my opinion. Everyone's pound WL would just be rare+ pets anyways, and with there being multiple different off-site tools like discord groups that have bots that generate images of all rare+ pound pets before opening, I feel like that's really all anybody needs.

Having a "hoards WL" also feels like a bit much. It's simpler to just have them pictured in trade rules, or in a group that says "Hoard pets for reference". I feel like most of the time, hoard pets are acquired by trades initiated by the hoarder anyways, at least in my experience.

Having a "dreamie WL" sounds great. Limit it to like a top 5 or top 10 that can be on it at any given time, so that way it's not every user listing every single OMGSR. Would also help with the stats about most WL'ed pet and trying to figure our demand wise what pets truly hold more value.

Having some sort of a "user doesn't own this pet yet" WL would be mostly beneficial for collectors like me. It would help explain that yes I do need this pet, but no it's maybe not the most urgent thing in the world for me to obtain (ie, recent outcomes). It could be something users can opt in or out of if they are a collector or not. Then the regular WL wouldn't have to cluttered with random pets that are less strongly desired. Honestly, I've reached the point in my personal collection that I have to keep my trade thread tab open when sending trades to refer to my "most ISO" pictured page when looking through other user's pets. Plus, there's already some way the server keeps track of if you own a pet or not, since that's available to see through your personal account on each archive page. I imagine it would just transfer over that same way, although I know nothing about coding and may be 100% wrong.

Just my thoughts :)

Hello :)

I have a 23 page WL. Trade with me here

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 21 people.
I have received 8 gifts.
I have nuked 46 people.
I have received 12 nukes.
Bellarocks123a

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pisto pesto pasta » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:08 am

support

my glorious trade thread
my glorious toyhouse
sig credit
owuz / shalf ♕
russian / english / french
he / she / they / xd
bigender aroace
falconian nationalist ♕

imagine living ♕
like a king someday
a single night
without a ghost in the walls
we are the shadows screaming
«take us now»
we'd rather die
than live to rust on the ground

pisto pesto pasta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keir; » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:05 pm

Bellarocks123a wrote:- snip -
Having a "hoards WL" also feels like a bit much. It's simpler to just have them pictured in trade rules, or in a group that says "Hoard pets for reference". I feel like most of the time, hoard pets are acquired by trades initiated by the hoarder anyways, at least in my experience.
- snip -

a hoard wishlist would help hoarders when trying to find hoard pets to trade for though. having them pictured in my trade rules would not help me as a hoarder sending out trades, i already know what my own hoards are. wishlists are not just for people sending you trades, they also help greatly when you're sending out trades yourself, by filtering out the pets that you're not interested in and therefore making it easier to find what you are currently looking for

i want to be able to easily see just my hoard pets when looking through my trade partner's groups (or, the opposite, not see my hoard pets when that's not what i'm looking for). currently i have to scroll through countless pages of non-hoard WL pets just to find the hoard pets that i want to trade for. or, i sometimes have to scroll through countless pages of hoard pets to find the other non-hoard pets that i want
║███
║███
║███
─────────
keir - he/him
coding shop
─────────

───┐
ImageImage
███║
███║
███║