Suggestion about Begging Trades! (Dec 19)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Rule against Begging Trades please!

Postby Mausoleum » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:07 am

Kunada wrote:First of, hello everyone~

I feel a bit guilty reading through this thread, since I found it by searching "Free butterfly wolves for trade" :oops:
As a noob myself, I can easily see where these request are coming from. If your like me, the first time your adoptibles grow, you get so excited that you go on a adopting spree. But once you have them all, and they're all grown/growing, you're ready for some new ones. Only, there aren't any. So you go out searching for those awesome older adoptibles that everyone seems to have. Unfortunatly, all you have to offer is your oh-so common pets...
I agree that people need to get some common sense that you cannot trade something like the November rats for advent wolves they missed...there's just too many. But it gets so cluttered in here sometimes, and the threads are confusing occansionaly. I think, personally, there should be one thread that is easy to find with all the adoptibles on it from day one, and there rarity ratings. It would help noobs like me, cause I just like looking around. I know Tess and Nick are super busy with life and all, so I try to be patient. In fact, I was surprised to find they would have adoptibles for every day of December, and am so grateful for it anyways.
Just thought you guys might like the input of a noob herself :P I don't know how this may sound, but I promise I'm trying to agree with you. :) Maybe there should be a limit on how old your account is before you start a trade? Just to throw out a suggestion

1. The problem is, a lot of newbies don't do this in a mature way, by looking at places adopting out pets and asking for them. They either:
a) Beg for pets from July/August that are up for TRADE.
b) Give ridiculously stupid offers like 2nd gens for rares.
c) Try to con/threaten/guilt-trip you into giving them pets. (Yes, this has actually happened to me many times.)

2. Such a thread exists.

3. That would mean that anyone who joined in November and who got a joker couldn't trade their joker. That idea really doesn't hold any water with me, I'm sorry. I think it's up to the person to make an educated and halfway decent trade offer, and people learn from their mistakes. So basically, what I always do is tell the person what they're doing wrong when I cancel the trade.

4. I'd like you to remember that we were all newbies once, I joined in October. However, I have never once made a lousy trade offer and have never been told off.
Kii Project + Lox Recolours + House of Snarkiness + Lackless Deviantart + Art competition = My Stuff.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock myself in the pantry and drown my sorrows in bottled water and granola bars.
"I am an artist, not a printer" Remember that and heck yes, I said it first :U

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rule against Begging Trades please!

Postby Solloby » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:01 pm

Hey, this thread still has life, wow.

Anyway I've had a newbie beg for I think it was 2 pets, I politely explained that they shouldn't beg.

But today, after ignoring previous begs, I finally reported a user that went through and picked out I think it was 7 pets, ALL July, and offered NOTHING. This implied they weren't new because they only picked July pets. But yeah, that was just rude, why would I trade my only July pets, rare pets at that, to the first person that makes a trade demanding them? Lolno. So I contacted a moderator to talk with them.

I guess the moral here is, if they beg for one or two pets and are new (check their signup date) then politely explain that begging is wrong and you won't report them this time but could they please read the rules. If they pick out heaps of your pets and offer nothing, then report them to a moderator so it can be explained that begging for heaps of somebody's personal pets is quite rude and they should not do it.

Hmm, I have an idea, I'll edit it into the first post.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion about Begging Trades! (Dec 19)

Postby Shian » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:07 pm

Do not be so quick on that report button. Mods and the admins have more important things to do than dish out explanations and warnings to petty squabbles. Do it only if you have asked them to stop and they persist.

Make all effort to resolve this between yourselves.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toastberg » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:45 pm

rosepose wrote:I'd like you to remember that we were all newbies once, I joined in October. However, I have never once made a lousy trade offer and have never been told off.

Yeah. We could do it, so can you newbies. I also joined in october. All you really need to do is float around and take in the scenery for a while. Don't just barge in and start a stupid trade. Also like someone said start with the adoptions, and either use them to trade for rares or save them till they're rare. That's what I did actually.

Shian wrote:Besides, then we'll just get a ton of spam that's just people making thier first 10 and keep on doing whatever it is they were doing.
Oh yeah. Forgot about that. 'Forum games...' especially that count high before a mod posts one. That has about 2500 posts. I bet a decent amount of the CS population has that is their most posted in topic. 10 posts in there you could probably easily accomplish in one day.

EDIT: Aaargh! I am one of them! regretting that now... must make lots of updates to my art thread or something...
~RESUME INDEFINITE PROBABLY-PERMANENT HIATUS~
My work here is done.
Thanks again to those who entered in my competition. I'll be off now. Have a nice life out there.
Toastberg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mausoleum » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:22 am

Toastberg wrote:
rosepose wrote:I'd like you to remember that we were all newbies once, I joined in October. However, I have never once made a lousy trade offer and have never been told off.

Yeah. We could do it, so can you newbies. I also joined in october. All you really need to do is float around and take in the scenery for a while. Don't just barge in and start a stupid trade. Also like someone said start with the adoptions, and either use them to trade for rares or save them till they're rare. That's what I did actually.

I think that people are always newbies until they grow up a bit and stop being so stupid.

Shian wrote:Do not be so quick on that report button. Mods and the admins have more important things to do than dish out explanations and warnings to petty squabbles. Do it only if you have asked them to stop and they persist.

I never report trades, I PM the person instead because if they really DID join just recently then they might not know any better. However, I have reported a few people who were not in any way newbies (one person's account was older than mine) and who tried to threaten me into giving them stuff. These people, I feel, cannot be reasoned with.

Toastberg wrote:Oh yeah. Forgot about that. 'Forum games...' especially that count high before a mod posts one. That has about 2500 posts. I bet a decent amount of the CS population has that is their most posted in topic. 10 posts in there you could probably easily accomplish in one day.

I was actually thinking of suggesting that the games bit of the forum not up your post count, like on the DragonCave Forum.
Kii Project + Lox Recolours + House of Snarkiness + Lackless Deviantart + Art competition = My Stuff.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock myself in the pantry and drown my sorrows in bottled water and granola bars.
"I am an artist, not a printer" Remember that and heck yes, I said it first :U

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frayah » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:48 am

*crosses line to stand with the other memebers woh agree with Solloby*-ooppps,I think I Added an un-needed o!
Yeah,agreed. When I was a newbie I did that like once,maybe twice cuz I wanted this certain wolf( can't remember witch one) and I think a mod or someone told me that begging wasn't allowed...So agreed! Soll[o]by,why is your name in blue??( just a random ? I want to know,no reply neede!LoL)
Frayah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frayah » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:53 am

rosepose wrote:
Toastberg wrote:

I think that people are always newbies until they grow up a bit and stop being so stupid.

Shian wrote:Do not be so quick on that report button. Mods and the admins have more important things to do than dish out explanations and warnings to petty squabbles. Do it only if you have asked them to stop and they persist.

I never report trades, I PM the person instead because if they really DID join just recently then they might not know any better. However, I have reported a few people who were not in any way newbies (one person's account was older than mine) and who tried to threaten me into giving them stuff. These people, I feel, cannot be reasoned with.

Toastberg wrote:Oh yeah. Forgot about that. 'Forum games...' especially that count high before a mod posts one. That has about 2500 posts. I bet a decent amount of the CS population has that is their most posted in topic. 10 posts in there you could probably easily accomplish in one day.

I was actually thinking of suggesting that the games bit of the forum not up your post count, like on the DragonCave Forum.

Yeah,I joined,like,in September,but it says I joined in October!!!...{Wow,random!} But yeah,begging? When I did it that one time I put a pet up to trade with...I think I lost my point...But,yeah,we were once all newbies!
Frayah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:12 pm

I tend not to report them but it's not my job to tell every noob and their dog not to beg. I am nice and polite to the newbies that make mistakes and politely explain if i have time, else I cancel the trade without saying anything but enough is enough, I'm getting sick it and if anybody begs for multiple July pets then yes I will report them. Newbies, people who beg for 1 or 2 pets, people who beg for common or uncommon pets, yeah I'll deal with that. But I've drawn my line.

WarriorsFan: My name is blue cos I'm a staff member now because the archives have moved onsite :D
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toastberg » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:27 pm

*Has Idea!* Maybe you could 'ignore' the newbie so they can't make begging trades. Hit button. No more begging. Newbie walks off in shame. Not forever though, maybe it would run out after a week.

Probably not the best way to do it, oh well.
~RESUME INDEFINITE PROBABLY-PERMANENT HIATUS~
My work here is done.
Thanks again to those who entered in my competition. I'll be off now. Have a nice life out there.
Toastberg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me