"cleaner" dressup archive

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

"cleaner" dressup archive

Postby Electric~Lime~Zebra » Tue May 28, 2024 8:13 am

Sorry if this has been done before but every time I go to the dress up challenges page and go to scroll through I get overwhelmed with the past challenges links or "archive" of past challenges. At this point, the challenges have been going on for almost ten years which means these links are really starting to add up.

I'm not sure if it's currently a plan to improve in the future but I feel eventually we need a "cleaner" version of these past challenges and what better way to organize them than to maybe model after the pet archive. Please excuse my sloppy image here, I just jotted it down quickly but I also wanted a visual to use as an example.

1 - buttons or links: challenges sorted by years

2 - hover or expand to list months maybe even in multiple increments such as:
    Jan-March
    April-June
    July-September
    Oct-December

3 - when selecting a section of months, it pulls up the dates and themes during that time period

4 - this part is not necessarily as beneficial as the rest it's just an extra option I had in mind, perhaps the three most liked dress-ups can be featured as an example or even a rotation of the dress-ups to get a glance rather than scroll through the board. I was thinking maybe stamp size but this concept could be utilized with just themed Icons maybe like the Valentine's dressup have a Valentine's stamp. I'm not sure if doing the icons would limit the themes, however.
    Another possibility is I know the staff were doing some challenges like writing and oekaki and stuff like that. Maybe there could be challenges during special events to have a chance of being "featured" in the dressup archive. Chosen by users voting ofc.

Ultimately, I would like to see some type of system integrated in the dress up "archive" to present it as more organized. These are just some ideas I'm throwing around. Maybe a suggestion thread or poll with other users would be best.

Last bumped by Electric~Lime~Zebra on Tue May 28, 2024 8:13 am.
Electric~Lime~Zebra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me