Pound Suggestion: 'Loading' Time

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support?

Yes
71%
No
26%
Other (please comment so your voice is heard!)
2%

Total votes : 42

Re: Pound Suggestion: 'Loading' Time

Postby Darkcloud! » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:44 am

sm06sm wrote:Please, this is absolutely necessary. By the time my page loaded for the pound just a few minutes ago, half of my first page of pets was already taken. This is getting ridiculous that it is not even possible to have a chance at the rarer pets
*edit, this is when I was directly on time for the pound, it took 5+ seconds to even load. I know people rant that the pound isn't meant to be a rare dispenser, and I understand that, but what I am upset about is that due to the lag there isn't a fair chance when a rare DOES come up.

+1, and also shorten the time for actually refreshing the page and/or remove the "slow fade in" of the pets when going to the next page.
Maybe once at least half the page is "taken", you can refresh right away.

semi-active, missed years 2012 and 2013 entirely- about halfway to catching up!
Looking to complete years 2011, 2014-16 and 2021-23!
Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shooting Stars » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:59 pm

I can definitely understand the logic behind this suggestion, but no support! This wouldn't really change anything.
All people are going to do is hover their cursor over on the right spot until those seconds are up, which will end up being a laggy race with multiple people clicking 'adopt me' at the same time. (as it is now, just slightly delayed)

♫ Currently living on the air in Cincinnati ♫

| xxx |
Featured Song: Take Five - Dave Brubeck Quartet
Shooting Stars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby schlottis » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:16 am

support, i think it helps level the playing field between users
schlottis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lizardgod » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:55 pm

First off, thank you everyone who has voted and/or commented! I didn't think this would get the support it did so thank you! I also appreciate the amount of people sharing their experiences, it can take a lot to talk about these things <3 Second, I'm making one big post because I'm too lazy to make several XD

Like a bunch of people were saying, giving a second pound countdown would equal the playing field. The lag is pretty bad for me, where it never used to be an issue *even during* big events like the RR day. I know there's been some updates to the pound, all of which is great to see, but it still isn't fixing the lag (and I don't think my suggestion would fix it entirely either).

More importantly, those who are disabled are given a decent chance to get what they are looking for.

Angelx3 wrote:I dont Need It because The second Countdown would still result in a who clicks faster Battle but See its Appeal for Others, so Support

Shooting Stars wrote:I can definitely understand the logic behind this suggestion, but no support! This wouldn't really change anything.
All people are going to do is hover their cursor over on the right spot until those seconds are up, which will end up being a laggy race with multiple people clicking 'adopt me' at the same time. (as it is now, just slightly delayed)

Both of these users bring up good points though! I don't predict my suggestion would be a perfect fix as it still can result in lag. However, I do want to point out the reason I suggested this idea. It would help make things fair. It's still going to be a 'click battle' even with a second countdown, but it wouldn't be a 'blind' click battle nor cause many users to just grab what they can due to not being able to view the pets on their page beforehand. I predict the only way to fix 'click battles' has nothing to due with my suggestion, and again, my suggestion is purely focused on giving everyone time to actually see what's on their pound page whether they are having difficulties from lag or a disability. While I understand the pound isn't a 'rarity farm', it would be nice to get even a common on my wishlist more often without having to scavenge the leftovers.

I set my wings on fire
xLizard - it/they - adult
always looking for trades
Signature
Wings

lizardgod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups