*Site suggestion* a fairer Justice system

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

What would you like to see?

Kinder warning messages from staff for simple rule breaking (Bumping threads, double posting etc)
16%
The ability to appeal for your warnings
16%
A multilayered justice system for non clean cut disagreements
No votes
less intense punishment for minor rule breaks
16%
None of the above
16%
All of the above
21%
I just want to see the results
16%

Total votes : 19

*Site suggestion* a fairer Justice system

Postby Audrey_Bee » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:34 pm

I'm trying to make this as basic and blameless as humanly possible! This all comes from a genuine heart of love and compassion for this site. Please no hate speech towards anyone.
Mods please delete if its not allowed, I did check the rules and couldn't see anything against this!

What is the idea?
●I want to stop this generic "hand out warnings to everyone" when there's no clear-cut rule breaking.

●Bring back the Human side to interactions between players and mods.

●A lot of warnings or notices we are given are very blunt. A nicer touch to these things when they're not serious would be nicer!

●Easier system for appealing warnings. Give a certain period before warnings are put onto account to explain why we shouldn't get an official site warning. I personally believe these shouldn't be given out for simple mistakes or an offhand comment.

●Have shorter ban periods before banning permanently if the warnings have been given for minor instances. For example, a 2 week ban or mute people from forums or chats (basically make their account COPPA for a period of time as a punishment instead of a permanent ban)

Where did this idea come from
?
It's one of the biggest issues I ever come across with this site is the times I get warnings when I know in my heart there's nothing I've done, but I try to get explanations as to why I've been given a warning and there is none. Its like "this person has been reported..I'll give them a warning and we can move on."

I did explain a situation I was in but that was removed, which is fair enough. However that was also followed by a snarky comment from a moderator which proves my point of, please can we have nicer, more human responses from staff? ❤️ I'm in absolute shock.

--‐------------
I don't think some people realise how distressing warnings can be. When I've also witnessed with my own eyes people also not directly breaking rules but very clearly doing something damaging and they've not been given any warnings because they're not technically doing anything wrong. But where's that technicality when there's a disagreement between two players 🤔

But people who I have seen trying to scam newbies, me and many other people reported them and we were told that people are free to value pets how they like.

Overall...

I personally think we need some kind of justice system (but not as hard-core as it sounds) me and many other people just want it to be fair. We want it to be safe!

I think there should be multiple mods look over a certain scenario if it's not as clean cut as "this person got a warning for aggressive swearing". If there's a grey area, it should be looked on from a human perspective. Putting yourself in other people's shoes.

But most importantly I think we as players need to be spoken to a bit nicer. *especially* if it's not a clean cut case, or if it's accidental rule breaking eg posting too often. Especially if it's a first rule breaking of that kind that we were just not aware of.
Also, an opportunity to appeal for the warning to be removed!

I want so badly to explain how I did nothing wrong or against the rules, but there's no one to turn to, and if you argue more, it feels like you're making it worse:(

Well there's not many people that agree....is there..?
Absolutely they do!
There are many many people, especially over the last couple of years, who have quit purely due to feeling as though the staff don't care or how "scary" they are in their messages!

Here's some reviews that you can find yourself on SiteJabber , a review site for other..sites 😂

Here's just a couple from fellow ex Smoothians:

The moderators are legitimately terrifying and distant from their community, and the people promoted to positions of power abuse their powers far too often and show blatant favortisim to their rulebreaking friends

Overall the trading and community within this game is fun and -for the most part- friendly. The staff team has been an absolute nightmare to interact with though. You can follow all of their rules and they go as far to look around on your profile and dig for any dirt they can smudge on you.

They treat kids really harshly, and I understand they want to keep the platform and all the kids well behaved but threatening them and scaring them isn't gonna do it, you're just gonna make them anxious and NOT wanna enter the site in the first place.

*Disclaimer, these are not my words but from other players reviews*

Again, this comes from the absolute depths of my heart, I mean it with the most amount of love I have for this site. And if this isn't allowed please delete. But I know a lot of people would support this one!

Sorry its a long one, I'm a bit emotional !
Last edited by Audrey_Bee on Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:55 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Audrey_Bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: *Site suggestion* a fairer Justice system

Postby Audrey_Bee » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:43 pm

*edit* added a new poll to make it a bit clearer what I'm asking for ! ❤️ please let me know your thoughts / ideas.

I might edit through the message to make it a bit clearer. I am by no means slating any mods so no hate speech towards them please !
Audrey_Bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:03 pm

Support.
I have gotten some truly callous and harsh responses to reporting players that scammed me, sent outright rude and demeaning messages, and once got a response that threatened me to not use the report system anymore when the response indicated clearly they had just skimmed the message and jumped to a far-fetched conclusion. When I pointed out that the words directed at me were not all the correct timeline of events as laid out in words and screenshots, and asked for a lack of threatening, I never got another reply.

It's disappointing to see rules about fairness and kindness and this site upheld as family-friendly children's place and then to be told in private tickets that those rules are not upheld (and further threatened to stop reporting instances of rule-breaking behaviors.)

semi-active, missed years 2012 and 2013 entirely- about halfway to catching up!
Looking to complete years 2011, 2014-16 and 2021-23!
Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Audrey_Bee » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:36 pm

Darkcloud! wrote:Support.
I have gotten some truly callous and harsh responses to reporting players that scammed me, sent outright rude and demeaning messages, and once got a response that threatened me to not use the report system anymore when the response indicated clearly they had just skimmed the message and jumped to a far-fetched conclusion. When I pointed out that the words directed at me were not all the correct timeline of events as laid out in words and screenshots, and asked for a lack of threatening, I never got another reply.

It's disappointing to see rules about fairness and kindness and this site upheld as family-friendly children's place and then to be told in private tickets that those rules are not upheld (and further threatened to stop reporting instances of rule-breaking behaviors.)

I'm so sorry this happened to you!
I really feel like we need a post with a safe space where we can fully complain to eachother about this stuff!
Yeah there always seems to be ways around for other people to not get warned if they start the rudeness, it's only if you go back with the slightest bit of passive aggressive "please get a better attitude" before blocking them, you get all the heat throw your way instead of at the people who were nasty in the first place because youre supposed to have thick skin and pretend like rude people dont make you sad🥲

I've always been told I've done the wrong thing because I should report and block. But if I report rudeness I'm told they've not done anything wrong. It's always so weirdly one sided.

And yes exactly, you ask for an explanation and the responses never arrive or just make no sense 😂

Telling you to not report is WILD
Audrey_Bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:45 pm

Audrey_Bee wrote:I've always been told I've done the wrong thing because I should report and block. But if I report rudeness I'm told they've not done anything wrong. It's always so weirdly one sided.

And yes exactly, you ask for an explanation and the responses never arrive or just make no sense 😂

It's gotten to the point where I always include the line "yes, I have blocked this person" since that was always the only action to take. I'm really unsure how rude a person has to be? Do they have to swear?
If I can tell they are being sarcastic and snippy and telling me off for how I value my pets/items... it's fine for them to do that?
I thought we were free to value pets as we please, as that was the justification for when a user scammed me- so why is a player allowed to be rude over an edited trade while I get "warned" for reporting the scammer's PM to me where they bragged about getting away with it?

semi-active, missed years 2012 and 2013 entirely- about halfway to catching up!
Looking to complete years 2011, 2014-16 and 2021-23!
Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Audrey_Bee » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:48 pm

Darkcloud! wrote:
Audrey_Bee wrote:I've always been told I've done the wrong thing because I should report and block. But if I report rudeness I'm told they've not done anything wrong. It's always so weirdly one sided.

It's gotten to the point where I always include the line "yes, I have blocked this person" since that was always the only action to take. I'm really unsure how rude a person has to be? Do they have to swear?
If I can tell they are being sarcastic and snippy and telling me off for how I value my pets/items... it's fine for them to do that?
I thought we were free to value pets as we please, as that was the justification for when a user scammed me- so why is a player allowed to be rude over an edited trade while I get "warned" for reporting the scammer's PM to me where they bragged about getting away with it?

Right? The rules for how far people can go and what people get away with is so unclear.
That sounds absolutely insane, I can't even imagine how that must have felt for you, honestly. My current situation is no where near as bad as that and even I feel completely hopeless like my safe space has been broken down and like no one is listening to me and no one's on my side. It's just awful to go through that, but having someone know how much they've hurt you and get away with it sounds like absolute hell. The justice on this site is so skewed sometimes imo! ❤️
Audrey_Bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AuroraFier » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:39 pm

This is actually one of the main reasons I'm leaving cs permanently. I got one to many warnings for posting on the Easter swap thread "multiple times" in an hour. I posted at 58 minutes instead of the full 60... I also got a warning for bumping one of my posts for being "on the 1st page" when it was actually on the 3rd page. It's ridiculous!
2024 Midnight Swamp Set - Up For Auction

🏳️‍🌈 Love Is Love 🏳️‍🌈
AuroraFier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Audrey_Bee » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:52 pm

AuroraFier wrote:This is actually one of the main reasons I'm leaving cs permanently. I got one to many warnings for posting on the Easter swap thread "multiple times" in an hour. I posted at 58 minutes instead of the full 60... I also got a warning for bumping one of my posts for being "on the 1st page" when it was actually on the 3rd page. It's ridiculous!

It's unfortunately one of the main reasons for people leaving CS as well, I'm quite surprised there's not been things come up sooner. I usually see any post about the staff be deleted so no ones allowed to talk about the issue, I'm surprised this thread has stayed up this long!

I hope you don't leave permanently, but also make sure you put your mental health first ! ❤️
Audrey_Bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AuroraFier » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:06 pm

Audrey_Bee wrote:
AuroraFier wrote:This is actually one of the main reasons I'm leaving cs permanently. I got one to many warnings for posting on the Easter swap thread "multiple times" in an hour. I posted at 58 minutes instead of the full 60... I also got a warning for bumping one of my posts for being "on the 1st page" when it was actually on the 3rd page. It's ridiculous!

It's unfortunately one of the main reasons for people leaving CS as well, I'm quite surprised there's not been things come up sooner. I usually see any post about the staff be deleted so no ones allowed to talk about the issue, I'm surprised this thread has stayed up this long!

I hope you don't leave permanently, but also make sure you put your mental health first ! ❤️

Thank you. But I truly am leaving permanently. I've had very few positive interactions on this website. So much so, I'm purging my entire account. XD

I'm also surprised this thread isn't deleted yet!!!
2024 Midnight Swamp Set - Up For Auction

🏳️‍🌈 Love Is Love 🏳️‍🌈
AuroraFier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragón » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:15 pm

the scamming thing is huge imo :< my partner got scammed in the first week that fae started playing a few months ago. i also got scammed in my first month back when i joined in 2011. this has been such a long term problem and i think it’s kinda unfair that there’s no reprimand to people taking advantage of new players. especially repeat offenders 😭
✯¸.•´*¨`*•✿ indigo ✿ dragon ΘΔ ✿ puppeh: ✿•*`¨*`•.¸✯
dragón

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me