"Hoarders trade thread" idea

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Would you like to see a hoarders trade topic?

Yes please!
82%
No
8%
I don't care
10%

Total votes : 49

Re: "Hoarders trade thread" idea

Postby Libelle » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:53 am

Thank you, SabrinaB, for sharing the reply with us and for opening the suggestion thread!

SabrinaB wrote:The reply on the help ticket:
Hi there,

Currently, a swap thread does not seem like a feasible way to accomplish what you are suggesting. The existing swap threads are limited to categories of pets by rarity/month/event and focus on specific swaps, i.e. have a very rare dog, want different very rare dog. With a hoarder’s swap thread like you are suggesting, there would not be any specific category to work off of since any pet/item on the site could be hoarded. It wouldn’t follow the format of “I want X pet/item, I can offer Y for it” if that makes sense. It would end up looking like “I hoard X outcome, I can offer any doubles for it” which would just make it a regular trade advertisement, rather than a swap, at that point. [...]

Actually, that's exactly what I'm looking for: A thread to advertise my hoard, a thread to say: "I am actively hoarding this outcome, this litter, this date, this species, this item". The Hoarder's Handbook is not suitable, because (1) you are only allowed to post once, so potential trade partners have to search the entire thread, while (2) it isn't even possible to search the entire thread, because the majority of pets don't have official names anymore and (3) the thread is full of outdated posts.

I also want a thread to say "I have this hoard of 20, and I would like to checker it. Who can offer ID swaps?" And a thread to say: "I have this hoard of 20, and I want all of them to have the same date. Who can offer date swaps?" And a thread to say: "I want one Hollyfox Advent from every December 18th for my hoard. Who has the missing years for offer?" Again, the Hoarder's Handbook is entirely unsuitable for these kind of requests. I have tried for years. (Just look at the number of times that I have edited my thread: 384 times. The number of responses that I have received: 0.) My personal trade thread is not suitable for these kind of requests either. In the 13 years that I have been hoarding I have never received any trade offer in response to specific hoard requests such as date swaps or ID swaps. If, however, people have hinted about needing date or ID swaps on the hoard discussion thread, the community of hoarders has always been eager to help out.

We are a community. We like looking at each others hoards and we like helping each other out. We know just what we need and just what we can do to help. A community trade/swap thread is the one thing that I have been missing for 13 years.

Celozon wrote:This also means that, absent of any further restrictions, anyone could post any pet they are looking for regardless of if its something they are actively hoarding. My reason for pointing this out is just that I could see this very easily becoming just a thread to advertise pets you are looking for [...]

I think the easiest way to stop something like that would be to require a link to the hoard in question so they would need to have at least 1 of the pet already, but that still doesn't stop someone from putting a single '09 rare warrior cat into a group, link it, and say they are 'hoarding all '08/'09 warrior cats' as a way to advertise they want those, even if they just want it for their collection and not as a hoard. Again, not an argument against this idea, but just considering how it might be taken advantage of.

I agree, there should always be a link to your hoard. If staff are concerned about abuse, I suggest making it a requirement to have a minimum of 3-5 pets in your hoard (3 for rare+ pets/items, 5 for extremely uncommon and lower pets/items). This would be a serious disadvantage for people hoarding extremely valuable pets/items, but, at least, we would have a thread to start with.

SabrinaB wrote:There could also be a rule to allow hoarder to only post once a week.

Yes, that sounds good!
Libelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 am

I didnt read all the posts yet but did want to come here to say that what you describe for the hoarders handbook is exactly its intended use. Its a place to keep a list of all your own hoards, and if someone wishes to unload their entire hoard they can find a fellow hoarder on the handbook and send a trade. It is not meant as a swaps hub and shouldnt be seen or treated as such. Just a place where you can have one post to high light what you hoard, that you can then discuss on the discussion thread :)

Revoking the one post per person rule will not make it more updated. Rather, instead of updating people will just post a new post and that can lead to massive clutter.

The handbook was created because people kept posting massive lists of their unfinished hoards on the discussions thread stalling any real discussion but just post after post of what were kinda 'show off' posts. It was made to take away that clutter from the og thread.

I personally think a swaps thread does add more benifits, because there are some people who do not wish to trade with hoarders and can then just avoid that thread. I would see it more as an advertisement thread for your hoard then a direct swaps one so i would def try a pilot of that and see if it gets used and/or abused. Maybe just a general 'hoard swap thread'.

Edit:

Just a few more thoughts while i try to formulate what i think

- the handbook was in the trade forum when it started but it isnt meant to be a trade topic so it was moved to the discussion forum.

- i personally dont think its fair to create a forum which you may only use if you already have 3 to 5 of a specific pet, because mini hoards are a thing and some people only collect 3 to 5 of a pet so.. A thread with a rule like that would already be very limiting.

- people who hoard species can easily get around the 'no current month/event' rule because they hoard a whole species so thats already a loophole
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:18 am

I understand that the handbook wasnt created to look for hoards, but i feel like no one really uses it. Si ce there is a "seeking items thread" it might be a fun thing for hoarders to have a "seeking hoard pets" thread. Not to swap, since that is very hard with hoards with diffrent rarities and ages, but to advertise their hoards to grow.
I would strobgly suggest to limit the amount of hoards that can be asked for at a time, but i personally also think its not a good idea to have a "at least xx pets already in the hoard" rule. Who is going to check anyway? Not me, for sure...

I also dont see why people shouldnt be allowed to ask for current month or event pets - as long as they want to hoard them. Its not meant to get missed outcomes for a collection. But there will alsways be people who might try this.

It really will be meant as an advertise thread, not a swap thread.
"Looking for these hoards" or "looking for these, goal is 20" is the idea.
I think it will be really amazing for hoarders, and for non-hoarderd to trade away the trade fodders they have that are collecting dust.

Thank.you for your input DD ♡
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:25 am

SabrinaB wrote:I understand that the handbook wasnt created to look for hoards, but i feel like no one really uses it. Si ce there is a "seeking items thread" it might be a fun thing for hoarders to have a "seeking hoard pets" thread. Not to swap, since that is very hard with hoards with diffrent rarities and ages, but to advertise their hoards to grow.
I would strobgly suggest to limit the amount of hoards that can be asked for at a time, but i personally also think its not a good idea to have a "at least xx pets already in the hoard" rule. Who is going to check anyway? Not me, for sure...

I also dont see why people shouldnt be allowed to ask for current month or event pets - as long as they want to hoard them. Its not meant to get missed outcomes for a collection. But there will alsways be people who might try this.

It really will be meant as an advertise thread, not a swap thread.
"Looking for these hoards" or "looking for these, goal is 20" is the idea.
I think it will be really amazing for hoarders, and for non-hoarderd to trade away the trade fodders they have that are collecting dust.

Thank.you for your input DD ♡

Maybe possibly require a "have" side of the post? The handbook doesn't require it, but it may help, even if it is something as specific as "commons from this month" or "other unknown pets".

Maybe a requirement to link to the hoarder's handbook post.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:54 am

A link to the handbook wont add much. Not everyone has a post there. I do, but i cant find it anymore.. Having that as a requirement seems a little off to me.

A "have" section makes it a swap thread, which this wont be. Its a thread where you advertise your hoard and hope people will trade with you. You can post that you have items, c$, offsite etc, but this shouldnt be a requirement, since its not a swap thread.
Looking for CATS!

SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:14 am

SabrinaB wrote:A link to the handbook wont add much. Not everyone has a post there. I do, but i cant find it anymore.. Having that as a requirement seems a little off to me.

A "have" section makes it a swap thread, which this wont be. Its a thread where you advertise your hoard and hope people will trade with you. You can post that you have items, c$, offsite etc, but this shouldnt be a requirement, since its not a swap thread.

I just don't think the admins would be okay with something like that since it would already be covered by both the hoard discussion thread and the handbook, despite it not being up to date.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:41 am

I think the handbook is as up to date as you make your own post. You cant require other people to update their posts. Regardless of what thread, people are gonna not visit a thread or a hoard again. So i personally wouldnt say its not up to date... Its being used as intended, which means it doesnt see much activity.

An advertisement thread for active hoarders is kinds what you want i think, like a FTT or swaps thread but specifically for active people. I just fear it would be a thread where a handful of active people post over and over again and that still wont have the intended use you are looking for right?
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:29 am

That is also what i am.afraid of, hence the rule that you can only post once a day, a week etc. To give others a chance to post as well and not have the same people posting over and over.
Looking for CATS!

SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winx » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:12 am

Libelle wrote:-snip-

I also want a thread to say "I have this hoard of 20, and I would like to checker it. Who can offer ID swaps?" And a thread to say: "I have this hoard of 20, and I want all of them to have the same date. Who can offer date swaps?" And a thread to say: "I want one Hollyfox Advent from every December 18th for my hoard. Who has the missing years for offer?" Again, the Hoarder's Handbook is entirely unsuitable for these kind of requests. I have tried for years. (Just look at the number of times that I have edited my thread: 384 times. The number of responses that I have received: 0.) My personal trade thread is not suitable for these kind of requests either. In the 13 years that I have been hoarding I have never received any trade offer in response to specific hoard requests such as date swaps or ID swaps. If, however, people have hinted about needing date or ID swaps on the hoard discussion thread, the community of hoarders has always been eager to help out.

-snip-

There is a Date and ID thread where you can advertise swaps for checkering, finding same date pets, etc.

Here is a link to it: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4437831
blah

Hi there ya precious beans.

Always willing to help with trades
or pricing pet/item/C$ values ♥
Feel free to PM me!

Got a problem and
think CS staff could fix it?
Submit a ticket!

TH Characters

winx
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Libelle » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:55 am

DaDwarf wrote:- i personally dont think its fair to create a forum which you may only use if you already have 3 to 5 of a specific pet, because mini hoards are a thing and some people only collect 3 to 5 of a pet so.. A thread with a rule like that would already be very limiting.

I agree! One example that I have seen was a hoard of one pet for every birthday that their newborn child would be celebrating. Another example that I have seen was a mini-hoard of UR Phoenixes with an end goal of 3. I made the suggestion purely because I didn't want staff to decline just because there was the possibility of abuse/cheating. Just think of the monthly swap threads or the event swap threads where tons of people ask for C$ although it's against the rules.

winx wrote:There is a Date and ID thread where you can advertise swaps for checkering, finding same date pets, etc.

Here is a link to it: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4437831

I fully expected a person from the staff to post this comment. Sadly, I was right.

I have tried everything that Chicken Smoothie has to offer for 13 years. No existing thread has been able to cater to the specific needs that I have come across as a hoarder. If the rest of the community feels differently, that's 100% fair, though.
Last edited by Libelle on Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Libelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me