suggestion: additional pound openings

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

i am humbly requesting ... your support

61%
39%

Total votes : 41

suggestion: additional pound openings

Postby squeegi » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:16 am

hi! i think an interesting suggestion for the pound would be to have the pound reopen immediately/very soon after opening originally. for example once all the pets from the original opening were gone, the pound would have maybe 10-20 minutes cooldown before opening again immediately after. i think it would give those who didnt get something good an additional chance to get something! also, a lot of the times users who are experienced will grab the best pets consistently every time the pound opens, so if those people were on the 3 hour cooldown it gives other people a chance to grab something good!
sorry if this wasnt worded the best, if this doesnt make sense let me know and i can try to rephrase haha. some cons to this might be that the lower value pets would take longer to be adopted, as players would hold off on adopting them in the hopes that they would be able to get something better in the next opening of the pound, so this could mean really long times before the pound clears out.
would love to hear yall's thoughts on this!!<3
Last edited by squeegi on Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

x
ᴠᴇʟ​ ​✿ 🇸​​🇶​​🇺​​🇪​​🇪​​🇬​​🇮​
she/her | adult | artist
➤ hi! pms always open, i love to chat!
➤ love BLLK, JJK, MXTX, SCTIR
➤ sig and avatar art by me ♡

squeegi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: suggestion: additional pound openings

Postby BlueEyedKite » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:55 pm

Interesting. I wonder how that would influence the pound. Maybe folks would be more cautious to take a pet knowing a retry is around the corner. Could keep the pound open longer than a few minutes even. Hmmm... I dunno. I have to think on it. But, Interesting idea!
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CanisCoyote » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:55 am

I think the pound should definitely be opening during the "cooldown" period from another pound opening, where everyone who had gotten something from the first opening would then not be able to adopt from the second. It would cause some people to skip the first in case of a second opening if they didn't see something they really liked - taking the chance for another opening. Additionally it would make a second opening last longer and give people more time to decide on the second opening assuming it would have less users there to adopt. And of course with people being active at different times it would just allow people to get pets more often from the pound. Support!!!

Art selling/trading/buying - toyhou.se - My art gallery - Petz Site
Please link to my toyhou.se for all art credit. Thank you.
[I'm very scatterbrained, if I randomly stop replying to a convo or forget about some art I will be glad to receive another PM from you! It probably got buried in my inbox and erased from my brain.]
I LOVE ART TRADES
CanisCoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:58 am

I have decided to support ^^
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ixialily » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:59 am

I think this is a pretty good idea, or maybe a variation of this (I have no idea what it would be, tho). Support! c:
Ixialily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby evilfriends » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:00 am

this is such a good idea! the reopening could have less pets to compensate for less users being there as well just to keep things balanced
he/him | adult
every few years I remember this site exists and get really into it for a few months. keeping my authentic 2018 signature

evilfriends

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Andano » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:00 am

I think this is actually a pretty good idea as well! It’ll give more folk a chance!
Pet's name: ♡ Dinky ♡
Andano

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pisto pesto pasta » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:03 am

You know, at first it seems like another «give more rares out» idea, but I genuinely think this one is nice because it adds more to gameplay and is not just about rares. I support, because it would make pounds more interesting and exciting. :D

my glorious trade thread
my glorious toyhouse
sig credit
owuz / shalf ♕
russian / english / french
he / she / they / xd
bigender aroace
falconian nationalist ♕

imagine living ♕
like a king someday
a single night
without a ghost in the walls
we are the shadows screaming
«take us now»
we'd rather die
than live to rust on the ground

pisto pesto pasta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lyney » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:17 am

support, kind of? i think the main issue that i have with the lost and found is that users flock to it right when it opens, but once rarer items are picked, it sometimes stays open for hours depending on when it starts. i can wait for my three-hour cooldown to finish and come to the l&f s t i l l being open, where the items remaining are almost always the free store items or small event items: coal, pieces of cake, splotches of paint, etc. i joke with myself that i'm "taking one for the team" to adopt items nobody else seems to want, just to try to get the l&f closed as soon as possible.

this was pointed out in your cons already, and I agree; users would not want to adopt lower-rarity pets if they have a cooldown. 3 hours is a lot, and if the pound were to open almost immediately after i'd imagine it'd be hard to not mirror what the l&f is going through. users would flock to when the pound first opens to pick out rare pets, take what they want, and then anyone who comes late would be at a disadvantage. i mean, who would realistically take an omgsc rat and have to wait 3 hours, rather than waiting a short while and get a chance for when the next opening can have some omgsr sunback in the mix? the lower-rarity pets would cause that pound opening to do just what the lost and found does: sit open until someone will come along and take the small splotch of paint pet equivalent. the pound would just sit open for hours, just like the l&f, because everyone would prefer to wait for a store pet instead of my "take one for the team" mentality. everyone taking a pet just to close the pound would have to wait 3 hours just for another chance at a rare pet. some newer users may fall for that pit too and adopt pets without knowing their rarity, and they would have to sit through that cooldown period as well. they'd adopt pets and not get the chance to get rarer ones, since they have to wait just with the group of old users who got lucky.

sorry to flame this, i genuinely don't intend to, none of my wording is meant to be passive aggro. i'm just trying to push for discussion of how they could implement this
from the Nov 18th pound teaser.

some ideas i've seen floating around are:
- like the cs 10th anniversary, openings could be more frequent. instead of hindering anyone from being able to adopt and those who take-one-for-the-team to close the pound, we could make openings more frequent. instead of having users have to wait three hours and risking hours-long pound openings because of low rarity pets, we can have it so it opens more frequently. i remember the birthday pounds putting more rare pets in circulation and giving users more chances without putting others down.

- another possibility is randomizing pet order. they're currently organized by IDs, so older pets show up in the top left. users always seem to go for the rarest pets before their page even loads, so mixing pets around allows for everyone to have a fair chance. i can promise you at least on my behalf that i haven't remembered what rare pets look like. having dates hidden or having pets show up in a random order gets rid of that who-has-the-best-wifi-and-can-click-the-top-left-the-fastest advantage. older users would have to genuinely sit there and think, giving newer users a chance to snatch up pets.

- lastly: split the lost and found and pound. i've seen this happen in cs discord servers, where every time it's the l&f, they'll send disappointed gifs and just go to bed if it's at night. it's saddening (i'm personally an item lover!!), but splitting them up into different openings could lessen the l&f hate. for those cases where it just sits open, people wouldn't be as angry with it if we had a pound opening on the side. the pound would be more frequent again without the l&f hindering it, and it would give both a time to shine on its own.

sorry for my visit to yapville, i just wanted to bring another side to this. the l&f is disliked and this seems like a repeat to me. i do def support making openings more frequent but this needs refining. if anyone has anything else they can add to this or wants to disagree, i totally don't mind, i was just talking with my brother on this and wanted to comment on it.
"I'm sure he does. Everyone thinks
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
╔══✬✩══╡˚✧✬✧˚╞══✩✬═══╗
♔【 → cross • he/they • adult • th ← 】♔
╚══✬✩══╡˚✧✬✧˚╞══✩✬═══╝
that they're the hero of their own story."
lyney

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squeegi » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:21 pm

lyney wrote:
-snip - sorry for my visit to yapville, i just wanted to bring another side to this. the l&f is disliked and this seems like a repeat to me. i do def support making openings more frequent but this needs refining. if anyone has anything else they can add to this or wants to disagree, i totally don't mind, i was just talking with my brother on this and wanted to comment on it.

i agree with a lot of your points!! especially about how the L&F ends up staying open waaay too long. while i think the problem would probably not be aaaas bad with the pound if this suggestion was implemented, i agree that it might pose an issue. honestly, i think the L&F should definitely have some kind of time limit to stay open, because a lot of low value set items end up keeping it open for ages. maybe 3 hours after it opens it auto-closes? i think that might be a good idea!

x
ᴠᴇʟ​ ​✿ 🇸​​🇶​​🇺​​🇪​​🇪​​🇬​​🇮​
she/her | adult | artist
➤ hi! pms always open, i love to chat!
➤ love BLLK, JJK, MXTX, SCTIR
➤ sig and avatar art by me ♡

squeegi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes