Address the pound lag + C$ sales transparency

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Address the pound lag + C$ sales transparency

Postby Darni » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:41 pm

I really hope we get more updates on this and SOON. I understand Admins are probably working on this, but tonight was really bad. Event or not we have pound lag usually 5-15 seconds sometimes with no event, but tonight was a different monster. Pound opened up and a lot of people got such bad lag that by the time the page loaded the pound was closed. I saw people saying how they refreshed to completely claimed pages. After the pound already had closed it was STILL LAGGING. I always feel like suggestion threads are like yelling into the void a lot of the time and hoping maybe by some miracle something will shout back, but this has been going on a while and at this point it's really hurting morale.
"Please do not trade with me to add to major hoards"

Darni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cheetahss » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:46 pm

posting to say I agree with the above. I think pound openings at rollover should be disabled during events, because even with the new page system in place, it still lagged like it did before and by the time I tried to get something, everything was gone even after loading a new page like four times. If not disable pound openings at rollover during events, then a temp increase in the amount of pets to try and make it some level of more fair. I have never experienced a worse pound opening in my time on this website.
cheetahss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FauxFeather » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 am

cheetahss wrote:
    posting to say I agree with the above. I think pound openings at rollover should be disabled during events, because even with the new page system in place, it still lagged like it did before and by the time I tried to get something, everything was gone even after loading a new page like four times. If not disable pound openings at rollover during events, then a temp increase in the amount of pets to try and make it some level of more fair. I have never experienced a worse pound opening in my time on this website.

This!!

And I support C$ transparency!!
…ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ.. Image Image #LOVEBERKSHIRE (collecting ≠ hoarding)

I wanna collect all pets from 2014 onwards, and all rats from every year.
Give me advice/feedback/criticism on my art!!
Fun fact (I'm freaking hilarious)
also click these stamps for a stamp guide.
ImageImageImageImage

Do NOT trade me. I am on a CS break for the foreseeable future. I shall only log on for finishing my current pending commissions on Oekaki, do NOT send me trades.
Update: I won't be on for longer than I thought.
FauxFeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 am

I get it. The event means more active people. But holy cow the lag has been absolutely horrendous. This seriously needs to be addressed!
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imperfectforyou » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 am

support!
really poor luck with the pound lately due to the lag being so bad i just grab what i can:/

My tongue is sacred, I speak upon what I like
Protected, sexy, discerning with my time
Your energy is yours and mine is mine

What's mine is mine

My face is sitting, I don't need no disguise
Don't comment on my body, do not reply
Your business is yours and mine is mine
imperfectforyou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oragami_Cyclone » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 pm

This last pound opening I didn't get any pet :( I refreshed 3 times because all the pets on the pages got taken... it took so long to load and lagged so much :(
Oragami_Cyclone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gansey » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:57 pm

posting on this to boost is because i really really REALLY think there needs to be some form of sales transparency. like, i know this isn’t a tax-funded agency or something where everything is public record, but when all your staff is volunteering and the lag is this bad, it makes me wonder where that money is going.

the lag is so bad tonight and the pound isn’t even open. there were only 2400 people on the site when i checked and it still took forever to get a page loaded, meanwhile a site like flight rising regularly pulls 4000+ users at once with few issues.

so why is it that a site that regularly releases store pets and store items for real life currency cant handle a capacity that it has pretty consistently over the last few weeks had higher traffic? shouldnt our money be used to help improve issues like this or update servers? i want to know how much money is being used for actual site upkeep.
╔════════════╗

howdy
my name is noah
i love d&d, writing, pokémon,
and birding.
free to pm // fr // cs store

╚════════════╝
gansey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:59 pm

Support- if CS needs a day or two to have the site offline to update stuff, it's understandable. Neopets does it and just announces it so everyone can get their daily stuff in. I'd also love to see something posted, a permanently accessible news post or on the C$ purchase page disclosing what the funds go towards.

semi-active, missed years 2012 and 2013 entirely- about halfway to catching up!
Looking to complete years 2011, 2014-16 and 2021-23!
Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chase. » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:13 am

im curious as to why people want sales transparency, or at least think it should be given? As far as I’m aware, people don’t donate to cs [which I think would warrant some transparency] but instead spend their money on virtual currency. Most other games won’t disclose how they’re spending the money earned via people buying virtual currency.

I did support this thread awhile ago [sadly I’m not surprised to see that the thread is still being left with no attention from staff] but I’m curious about why people think that cs must share their c$ sales transparency. I’m more than open to learning, I think it’s something I just can’t personally wrap my head around right now. If you choose to buy something off a site, you’re not really donating, and then there’s not much morally to say that you should know how your money is then being spent. If anyone wants to tell me their reasons, I’d absolutely love to hear <3

I still think the pound lag needs to be addressed, I can understand rollover lag to a degree because that is only really bad during events, but the constant pound lag is a genuine frustration for a lot of people.
chase.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lanayru » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:07 am

Joining to chime in that, yeah, the pound lag has been atrociously bad through this event. Literally never has the site gotten laggy enough to crash my entire mobile browser until a few days ago... :l
Click the cat for my FR!
Lanayru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me