All Event Suggestion Thread

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

All Event Suggestion Thread

Postby Lacuna » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:33 pm

Here you can post pet/item ideas and suggestions for site events!

Rules and Information:

- We cannot host events based on things that are protected under copyright.
    - We generally prefer to celebrate holidays that are non-religious or focus on elements that are acceptable to be shared with other cultures like food and decorations.
    - This is not a place to suggest new species/linearts.
    - We are not looking for suggestions of new large, multi-day events or events that involve token hunting.
    - DO NOT post sketches/illustrations of your ideas, as we may not be able to use them due to copyright concerns.
    - Feel free to discuss and workshop ideas with other users, but be respectful! If you don't like someone's idea, don't comment on it.
    - You are welcome to bump up ideas by quoting them as long as you add input that is more than just "I like this!"
    - If you have previously posted your idea as a separate thread, you may repost your content here.

There are three types of event suggestions:

- Suggestions for an Existing Main Event - If you have ideas for one of our four main events (Advent, Easter, Summer, or Halloween) you can post those here! This could be a single pet/item release theme for one of the set themes, or a whole event idea/concept for a Summer event.

- Suggestions for an Existing Small Event - If you have ideas for one of our small events that we celebrate regularly (examples: Valentine's Day, Lunar New Year, Hannukah, etc.) or have celebrated before (examples: Leap Day, Kwanzaa) you can share those here!

- Suggestions for a New Small Event - If there is a special day or holiday that we haven't celebrated before, you can suggest it here along with ideas for what that release might include! Cultural holidays are fine as long as they have non-religious elements to celebrate (examples: decorations or food) and are open to those who do not normally celebrate them to participate.

Please use the search function to look through previous ideas.

Keywords to Search:

Summer Event Themes:
    Cloud Event

Small Events:
    Pi Day - March 14th
    World Rat Day - April 4th
    World Penguin Day - April 25th
    Global Day of Parents - June 1st
    Shark Awareness Day - July 14th
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: All Event Suggestion Thread

Postby puffy » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:45 pm

love the idea of this thread!! i think there's a ton of cool ideas that could come out of this :]

one event i would love to see a release for is pi day- pets designed after the number and/or pie would be interesting. or pie items! also, i know flightrising celebrates speak like a pirate day and releases a ton of different pirate apparel. even though there are already some pirate pets and items, i feel like there's a lot of different stuff that could be made for that. parrot plushies...
puffy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miko. » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:47 pm

I just have one thing to say for this thread and it's about the December 18 boxes! It would be really neat if the adoption limit could be raised since it's been 3 pets max for as long as I can remember now and I've been playing since 2012 (though I took a break). The site is maybe around 14 or so years old and so the amount of pets has certainly increased in number so I think I'd really like to suggest a change in the adoption limit of December 18 pets ^-^ It gives chances of getting more older pets for new players as well as helping the trading economy in some way, I think. Maybe 5 pets per user? 2 for the VRs-OMGSRs and 3 for the Rares? My apologies if this isn't allowed or it's stated somewhere that it will never be changed ^^" I'm very bad at digging up through discussion forums so I may have missed this concern being addressed. That's all!

𝙂π™ͺπ™ͺπ™Ÿπ™ž 𝙀𝙛 π™©π™π™š 𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙉𝙖𝙧π™ͺπ™ π™–π™’π™ž π™Žπ™π™§π™žπ™£π™š
𝐬𝐑𝐞/𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐲 ❀ π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐒𝐧𝐀 ❀ 𝐦𝐒𝐀𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐒𝐧

miko.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:50 pm

miko. wrote:
I just have one thing to say for this thread and it's about the December 18 boxes! It would be really neat if the adoption limit could be raised since it's been 3 pets max for as long as I can remember now and I've been playing since 2012 (though I took a break). The site is maybe around 14 or so years old and so the amount of pets has certainly increased in number so I think I'd really like to suggest a change in the adoption limit of December 18 pets ^-^ It gives chances of getting more older pets for new players as well as helping the trading economy in some way, I think. Maybe 5 pets per user? 2 for the VRs-OMGSRs and 3 for the Rares? My apologies if this isn't allowed or it's stated somewhere that it will never be changed ^^" I'm very bad at digging up through discussion forums so I may have missed this concern being addressed. That's all!

I don't believe there has ever been a statement about the adoption amount not being raised, but this thread focuses on pet and item design ideas for new releases. Your idea seems to fit in as its own suggestion, and it looks like it is being discussed here: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=4810750 .
    β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
    β”‚
    β”‚
    β”‚
    [ Rules | FAQ | CS Help | Art Use Info ]
    Free Stuff: [ Pets | Avatars | Sigs ]
    ──────────────
    Liddi - she/her - author - autistic
    Etsy crafts & TikTok <3

guide to Lacuna pets - avi
    β”‚
    β”‚
    β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜

Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miko. » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:21 pm

Lacuna wrote:
miko. wrote:

I don't believe there has ever been a statement about the adoption amount not being raised, but this thread focuses on pet and item design ideas for new releases. Your idea seems to fit in as its own suggestion, and it looks like it is being discussed here: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=4810750 .

Ohhh I see! Thank you, I didn't realize this was a thread mainly for pet and item designs, my bad! <3

𝙂π™ͺπ™ͺπ™Ÿπ™ž 𝙀𝙛 π™©π™π™š 𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙉𝙖𝙧π™ͺπ™ π™–π™’π™ž π™Žπ™π™§π™žπ™£π™š
𝐬𝐑𝐞/𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐲 ❀ π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐒𝐧𝐀 ❀ 𝐦𝐒𝐀𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐒𝐧

miko.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iHolli » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:47 pm

{pretty pretty pretty please because I've asked for years, a World Rat Day celebration ;-;; it's on April 4th each year but last year we extended it for a whole week to educate people about rats! Even just a small one day thing for April 4th with a batch of rats and items would be wonderful πŸ™ extending the range of natural rats, treat items like "happy-o's cereal" and yogurt drops, fruits and veggies, some fun foraging items or even just DIY things like paper towel rolls and boxes with pingpong balls, bowls with water and ice cubes, scraps of fabric to arrange in a nest, hammocks that fit around / behind rats to look like they're in them! also like I'll die for more rat items like these πŸ₯Ί}

.Holli.
iHolli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pthumerian » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:57 pm

there are a lot of animal celebration days. (elephant day, lion day etc.) all of these could be celebrated, but i don't think all should be celebrated in just one year because that could be a bit overwhelming.
pthumerian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shooting Stars » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:38 am

Ooo this is a wonderful idea!! <3

I wanna drop my Parent's Day suggestion here! I posted it on the Mother's & Father's Day suggestion thread x
Along there are also other ideas people shared!

There's a Parent's Day in South Korea on May 8th, the US celebrates it on the fourth Sunday in July, and the United Nations proclaimed June 1 to be the Global Day of Parents (all from wikipedia).

Item ideas:
- Flower Bouquets
- Carnations!!
- His & Hers coffee mugs (along with His & His, Hers & Hers, etc).
- Greeting Cards, Letters
- Ties, suits, suit jackets, spring & summer dresses
- Cute child crafts and artwork. Also a good opportunity for art items!!

Also wanna suggest a Cloud Event for our Summer Vacation <3 I mentioned it like a million times but I adore the theme:
- Weather & meteorological phenomena!!
- Dragons, unicorns, pegasi, griffons, and other mythical creatures
- Birds, feathers
- Aviation, airplanes, helicopters, hot-air balloons. Jet trails would be cool too!
- Airports, pilot and flight attendant costumes, luggage, passports, plane tickets
- Satellites, telescopes, radars, weather balloons

I think there's definitely more than enough ideas to make it different enough from the Slumber Party event! ^^
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ

β™« Currently living on the air in Cincinnati β™«
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
| xxx |
Featured Song: Take Five - Dave Brubeck Quartet
Shooting Stars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hollypaws » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:13 am

World Penguin Day - April 25th
i'd love for more penguin themed pets and items to exist, especially species that get less focus like banded penguins (african penguins for example), or chinstrap pemguins!
Hollypaws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZeroToInfinity » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:45 am

Shark Awareness Day - July 14th
Yes, I know this is a US day but the only international alternative is specifically Whale Shark day and I want to include all sharks. Some lesser know sharks that are absolutely amazing are the Epaulette Shark, the Zebra Shark, the Frilled Shark, and the Broadnose Sevengill Shark. Of course there's also various hammerheads, Great Whites, Whale Sharks, Leopard Sharks, Black Tips, and White Tips. I think it would be cool to have Whale Sharks in whale onesies, Leopard Sharks in leopard onesies, Tiger Sharks in tiger onesies, and Zebra Sharks in zebra onsies.
Sorry for the super random day, sharks are my special interest
We're a system. We will most often sign off with who's fronting.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me