[300+ SUPPORT!] Make rereleases better/more rereleases

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Would you support having more rereleases?

Yes - more boxes on December 18
17%
Yes - another rerelease day
61%
Yes - no preference/don't know/it doesn't matter
16%
No
6%

Total votes : 443

Re: [300+ SUPPORT!] Make rereleases better/more rereleases

Postby schlottis » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:19 pm

I do think more than one re-release window would be a beneficial idea.
A bi-annual re-release, or potentially even a re-release window tied into the summer event in some way, would be a good way to balance it out. That may also encourage more players to return, and more to join under the knowledge that they could stand a better chance in getting a pet they want.

The pets that would be considered NONs are absurdly priced. While it is a players choice to spend/trade that, and Horror's List is one specific user's rating system that is widely accepted, C$2000 (the amount stipulated on the list as the value for 1 NON) works out to around $110 in real life money*. Granted, players can get C$ from trades or selling their own pets or art, but that money has to enter the system somehow, and very much could be offputting to newer or financially disadvantaged players.

In terms of re-releasing store pets, there could be an argument to put them at an extremely low chance in the re-release boxes, but it is a much more complicated issue as people paid real money to obtain them at the time of their release under the belief of exclusivity. The only way that I can think of that would be in the ballpark of 'fair' is to have a paid single purchase re-release box for store pets only, but then that heavily skews the value. It could also be considered exploitative of the player base in some ways to essentially run a paid gatcha model, and potentially law breaking in some territories as it would be a gambling mechanic. It's a much harder area to approach.

There is also a point to be made in regards to the re-release of store pets that there will always be demand for the ones with the original date. We see it with the re-releases already and people only wanting True Dates. Players would continue to want the stores from their original point of origin, and there will always be players who see the re-released stores as illegitimate.

*5 C$380 + 1 C$180 purchase
schlottis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cswolf. » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:26 pm

I support a re-release during the summer months! Integrated into the summer event would be amazing!
lurkin!

CATCHING UP MY REMAINING LOLO MESSAGES <3
THANKS ALL FOR VISITING ME :)
cswolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ACat » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:47 am

I made a little topic on this before being told this thread exists so I'm just going to copy/paste some of the points from that!! (which I think a few have been mentioned here previously)

After discussing with some CS friends we came up with the following suggestions:
- A second version of December 18th, perhaps in summer, to bring more pets into circulation
- A summer 18th with exclusively event pet re-releases (since they can be a bit harder to trade for cough2013slumberpartycough)
- Establish some rules regarding hoarding pets (difficult to work around for many reasons and unlikely to actually be considered due to the unfairness to established hoards/players)
- Monitor players needlessly bumping up monthly pet values and maybe give light punishment for doing so to discourage it
- Create user guides to trading and quirks in the CS economy (for more specific things like rares and under etc)
- Discourage disagreeable trading practices
- Encourage agreeable trading practices (let newbies know about the free adoptions board! post your good trades and received gifts in the good trade thread, too c:)

[credit to 'daybreak.' for the last three suggestions!]

The 4th point relates mostly to the inflation in price of monthly pet outcomes during the hype train for them as it's getting a bit crazy ^^; I know it's due to the 'rares being added into monthlies' thing but,,, expecting old rares+ for a new, unknown rarity is a bit much imo

Considering this topic has been discussed on and off for over a year I think something really needs to be done about it ASAP before the site dries up. I'm another person who went to FR for getting gems to use as trade materials over on CS but ended up enjoying the economy over there more. It's just very hard to trade over here for pets (and even items) if you don't have established fodder, which is very difficult for new players.
ACat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lemon Bark » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:47 am

I would support a second re-release event in the summer that excludes store pets!

- Older store pets would remain incredibly hard to obtain, and continue the fomo that drives some players to buy store pets/c$, while free-pet collectors would have an easier time collecting pets from years past

- "True dates" would likely remain more in demand than rereleases, so there would be minimal 'damage' to true date pet traders

- A summer event with guaranteed rare+ pets would drive site activity during a time when many students have spare money from summer jobs and increased free time to invest in the forums/pet trading

I understand that my post is very money-focussed. This is due to my perception of chickensmoothie as being profit-oriented when it comes to the creation and distribution of pets as well as my belief that changes to chickensmoothie dont occur unless it is profitable for the site to do so. (This is not an inherently negative aspect of CS, I simply want to clarify my stance)
Lemon Bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KrillTakoyaki » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:15 am

Lending my support to a second re-release event in the summer too! I think it would break up the year nicely, plus it helps out new users with their collection :)
xImage
┌───────┐

🪻Charlie 🪻

🪻They 🪻

🪻Adult 🪻

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

└───────┘

𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘻𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦.
𝘚𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘧𝘵 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘧𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘵.
𝘓𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥: 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩.
𝘈𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦.
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘯𝘰𝘸.

ImageImageImageImageImage

┌───────┐

└───────┘
xImage
KrillTakoyaki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Space Cadet Marz » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:52 pm

I would love a 2nd re-release, either in the summer with a chance at event pets/items, or during the odd off months where we aren't really celebrating anything, to help drive users to be more active during those months. I know there are a lot of people who might not like rereleasing event pets, since the nature of token hunting and all that, but I think it would be a really nice way to tickle the economy by getting some of those pets back into circulation. It is near impossible to trade for some event pets like the Fae event foxes, everyone wants absurd over pay for them, if you can find them for trade at all.

Image Image

Space Cadet Marz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Papilio Ulysses » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:18 am

Space Cadet Marz wrote:I would love a 2nd re-release, either in the summer with a chance at event pets/items, or during the odd off months where we aren't really celebrating anything, to help drive users to be more active during those months. I know there are a lot of people who might not like rereleasing event pets, since the nature of token hunting and all that, but I think it would be a really nice way to tickle the economy by getting some of those pets back into circulation. It is near impossible to trade for some event pets like the Fae event foxes, everyone wants absurd over pay for them, if you can find them for trade at all.

As far as i know, the only pets that aren't included in the December 18th re-release pool are Store pets and Customs. Event items were in our first Item re-release last year. Past event pets (including token pets) have been available again on December 18th too. Was that changed at some point?
** Tʜᴇ Eɴᴄʜᴀɴᴛɪɴɢ Sᴀɴᴄᴛᴜᴀʀʏ **

Bye bye, little butterfly~
-----------------Image-----------------
Papilio Ulysses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby asta, » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:37 pm

> while i didn't initially support this idea, i've since given this some more thought and
have come around to the idea that a second re-release might be beneficial. espcially
if it came in the middle of the year, when site activity tends to lull. i also believe, in
addition to a second re-release,,, that re-releasing store pets would greatly help the
very broken economy of cs. i understand the desire to keep the store pets exclusive,
but the economy is so broken around them that the only way i see to fix it is to make
them more accessible-- especially for users just starting out.
THE KINTSUGI KID ★
> cas/asta | she/her | adult |
asta,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spotism » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:15 pm

Due to the state of the trading economy I feel like having more re-releases is a no brainer. So many players appear to be quiting because they struggle to find the same joy they once had on this site due to the demand for pets.
spotism

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:40 am

I will always and forever support a bi-annual rerelease system. As long as it's NOT integrated into the summer event. Please do not ruin the summer event by putting it into the shadow of a rerelease day.

I've always thought CS's Birthday would be a great candidate for a rerelease day (in addition to the event pets). Let's have a proper celebration, yes? :D
Or just make it a random day in June. Why not June 18, exactly 6 months apart.

Oh and please for everything great and green on this Earth, do not add URs to the second rerelease day. I would die a happy woman if they completely stopped releasing those x.X

And I'm also forever in support of rereleasing store pets. I hate the "it would be unfair to those who paid for them" argument. It's selfish and simply not true as long as you still have to pay for them. I mean, just make them even more expensive than they originally costed.
And it doesn't have to be a "gacha" system either. Just have all store pets ever released available and then have a limit of, I dunno 3-5 IN TOTAL for one person. So you can pick 5 of one pet or 1 of 5 different pets, up to you. No gambling included.
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me