Remove "Special Release" from counting towards collection

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Support?

Yes
82%
No
15%
Other (please explain!)
3%

Total votes : 394

Re: Remove "Special Release" from counting towards collectio

Postby almondkitty » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:28 am

Neeko nordestina wrote:I wish there were different levels of completion
Completed all monthly pets? You get a checkmark
Completed all monthly pets + special releases? You get a star
Completed all monthly pets + special releases + store pets? You get a rainbow star

This way everyone could get the "I achieved something" feeling but there would still be harders things to achieve

this is an amazing solution & most likely easily implemented. i just don't see why special releases are included in the base requirement for yearly completion, especially given the economy. its not like a missed monthly outcome where you can easily trade your duplicate pets from that month to get your missed outcome. special releases have ridiculous demand, even if you get a great haul from the rerelease boxes to trade away for them. a totally unnecessary hurdle to an otherwise completely obtainable achievement
almondkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madel » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:27 pm

support, I don't understand why store pets don't could but UR pets do
I don't get the "well then it wouldn't be complete" argument. Wouldn't that be true for the store pets as well? If anything, UR pets are even harder to obtain because there's fewer of them.
Ex; I collect dragons. When the new UR came out it became super tricky for be because theres only so many in the game. Store pets are more accessible and available for a longer time, so for the more recent ones they're easier to at least find.

Having the toggle option would make it so everyone is happy, even if you don't support this! So I don't see why not. :)

╔══════════════════════╗
Mads | He/It | Adult
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Wildlife scientist working in
animal rehabilitation and
rescue. I'm often busy with
work but feel free to DM or
trade me regardless!
Always looking for
macaws, dragons, and wl pets.
Image Image
╚═════════════════════╝
Madel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strange_Atoms » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:39 pm

Madel wrote:support, I don't understand why store pets don't could but UR pets do
I don't get the "well then it wouldn't be complete" argument. Wouldn't that be true for the store pets as well? If anything, UR pets are even harder to obtain because there's fewer of them.
Ex; I collect dragons. When the new UR came out it became super tricky for be because theres only so many in the game. Store pets are more accessible and available for a longer time, so for the more recent ones they're easier to at least find.

Having the toggle option would make it so everyone is happy, even if you don't support this! So I don't see why not. :)

UR pets are rereleased every December 18th, while store pets are not. Essentially, new ur pets are created with every rerelease, so it is possible to obtain one through adoption (even if it does come down to extreme luck of the draw!) But for store pets, once the window of time to purchase them is up, no more of those pets are ever created- leading to a limited number of said pets existing.
ALL GOOD THINGS FLOW INTO THE CITYImage
Strange_Atoms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darni » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:56 pm

Neeko nordestina wrote:I wish there were different levels of completion
Completed all monthly pets? You get a checkmark
Completed all monthly pets + special releases? You get a star
Completed all monthly pets + special releases + store pets? You get a rainbow star

This way everyone could get the "I achieved something" feeling but there would still be harders things to achieve

I support this thread, but I also like this solution as another option! I only started in 2023 and collected every single pet that year... sadly my archive doesn't really care about that since I missed 2 extremely rare pets that were released 1 day out of 365 days that year that off rip people were asking 150$+ worth of currency for.
"Please do not trade with me to add to major hoards"

Darni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me