Something Needs to Be Done About C$ Inflation [POLL ADDED]

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

What do you think about C$ inflation?

I think it's great
2%
I think it's fine/natural
11%
I think something needs to be done about it
45%
I think its bad but I don't know if there's a way to stop it
43%

Total votes : 772

Re: Something Needs to Be Done About C$ Inflation [POLL ADDE

Postby Goostarion » Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:47 am

Banning offsite trading is a terrible idea. I dunno who suggested that but likes like banning international trade if you’re a country (Australia) and you want more revenue to come in and you stopped trading with every single country in the world. All you got is livestock, a bunch of sand and some space to make houses but your economy is going to take Harder than Greece did a few years ago.

Fix $CS inflation in line with the rarities update.

OMGSR should never cost more than $100USD. So make that the standard and work your way down. If you’re doing 1:1 for each rarity on the same line, go 2:1 for the steps up and down. 2 ER = 1 OMGSR means each ER is $50USD (like flat median rate) keep working down. Once you get to the .5 CS mark, round down.

Make this type a opinion to vote on community wide, you’ll find those older users who have significant in their collections will get mad because they’ve already spent so much money working to get their collections, but if your userbase is dying maybe it’s time to focus on getting new people to come and play by making it a bit more accessible and enticing. Not overwhelming and “here’s a 3 day lesson on how to trade with worth and value on a children marketed website.”
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaceWhiskey » Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:19 am

Wanted to give this a little nudge/bump up after seeing the recent
    store prices of 30 C$ per pet, and 100 C$ for the full 4 set.

I'm not sure what the prices used to be before 2012, but it felt like it
    was a solid 20 for a long, long while, went up to 25, and now 30.

██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████

+
|
|
|
|
+

....isfp-t | capricorn | female

...My inbox is always open if you
...need someone to talk to/listen
...You are worth something and
...you do deserve to be happy

..........CrystalsTrades
LaceWhiskey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby answrs » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:12 am

LaceWhiskey wrote:

Wanted to give this a little nudge/bump up after seeing the recent
    store prices of 30 C$ per pet, and 100 C$ for the full 4 set.

I'm not sure what the prices used to be before 2012, but it felt like it
    was a solid 20 for a long, long while, went up to 25, and now 30.

you'd be correct. I looked it up for a previous response but yes, stores went from 20 to 25 and then to 30 in the span of a single year. I had hopes based on the previous litter's pricing but it seems they're going forward with this "punish the players with very little c$, don't do anything to attract the users with thousands of the stuff lying around" route we were desperately hoping they'd reconsider.
:\
After 11 years of seeking, I finally obtained my all-time dream on October 1, 2020 ;w;

answrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:53 am

answrs wrote:you'd be correct. I looked it up for a previous response but yes, stores went from 20 to 25 and then to 30 in the span of a single year. I had hopes based on the previous litter's pricing but it seems they're going forward with this "punish the players with very little c$, don't do anything to attract the users with thousands of the stuff lying around" route we were desperately hoping they'd reconsider.

The price increase from 20C$ to 25C$ per pet happened by at least mid 2022 (there aren't a whole lot of wayback machine hits for that year but there might be more info posted on the forums, I don't know the exact set the price increase happened on), it seems like it just went unnoticed until 2023 because all the store pets came in packs of 4 and the price for a single set didn't hit 100C$ until 5 pets were included in April 2023. I do understand the frustration but I just want to keep any misinformation from spreading, it has been at least a year and a half since the last price increase.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cady55again » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:58 am

Coming back to say something, I feel like user-made 'trading rules' MUST be looked over by moderators to ensure that it's fair for younger or beginner users, I mean people will ask for hundreds of dollars worth of c$ for rare pets, meaning younger users who can't buy things or users who can't afford to spend money on here are just getting ripped off-
▶◊Cady55again◊◀

Cady55again

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby answrs » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:26 am

Celozon wrote:
answrs wrote:you'd be correct. I looked it up for a previous response but yes, stores went from 20 to 25 and then to 30 in the span of a single year. I had hopes based on the previous litter's pricing but it seems they're going forward with this "punish the players with very little c$, don't do anything to attract the users with thousands of the stuff lying around" route we were desperately hoping they'd reconsider.

The price increase from 20C$ to 25C$ per pet happened by at least mid 2022 (there aren't a whole lot of wayback machine hits for that year but there might be more info posted on the forums, I don't know the exact set the price increase happened on), it seems like it just went unnoticed until 2023 because all the store pets came in packs of 4 and the price for a single set didn't hit 100C$ until 5 pets were included in April 2023. I do understand the frustration but I just want to keep any misinformation from spreading, it has been at least a year and a half since the last price increase.

okay, I admit I misremembered the timeline from my previous post of when they changed from 20 to 25c$, however that last line is absolutely false as well. prices are now 30c$
in March 2023 the store pets were still 25c$ (20 if bought in a pack) if we're *only* going by wayback machine, but they went up in October 2023 to 30 per pet (25 at discount). that is a few months ago, not a year and a half?????
After 11 years of seeking, I finally obtained my all-time dream on October 1, 2020 ;w;

answrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Papilio Ulysses » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:03 am

Mass bulk purchasing and high-demand pet reselling isn't helping the inflation issue. There's a fine line between trading up to reach a goal and straight up swindling people for profit.

Right after I posted in the Easter Swap Thread, I had someone try to sell me the new "sought after" Black Easter Hamster for 15C$ - and they've got 5 of them for sale in a NFT group. They're clearly using the Easter Swap thread to target people. While C$ requests aren't allowed on that thread, there's nothing to stop someone from using the thread to request C$ "under the table". It's like a loophole or a grey area.
** Tʜᴇ Eɴᴄʜᴀɴᴛɪɴɢ Sᴀɴᴄᴛᴜᴀʀʏ **

Bye bye, little butterfly~
-----------------Image-----------------
Papilio Ulysses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cardassia » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:33 am

this month's store pets are expensive too, but they're 40 C$ for a pair of pets which I think is a step in the right direction even though the full store pets set is a LOT (150 C$ feels a little outrageous when it costs 10 USD for 180 C$, even if it's for 8 total pets)
adult - she/her
cardassia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Space Cadet Marz » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:14 pm

I would definitely like to see this issue addressed. I don't have a lot of good suggestions, but I do think making more ways for people to spend C$ is a start. If you don't have anything you want to buy, you just hoard it, and then when you hoard so much of it, it seems frivolous to pay C$1000 for some rares you really want.

More items, and especially more items for species besides dogs/cats/horses would be really awesome and would probably attract a lot of people. There are hardly any items that fit deer, rabbits, lions, etc, especially when it comes to wigs and clothing.

Image Image

Space Cadet Marz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spotism » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:02 pm

Love the gacha idea!!