Something Needs to Be Done About C$ Inflation [POLL ADDED]

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

What do you think about C$ inflation?

I think it's great
2%
I think it's fine/natural
11%
I think something needs to be done about it
45%
I think its bad but I don't know if there's a way to stop it
43%

Total votes : 772

Re: Something Needs to Be Done About C$ Inflation [POLL ADDE

Postby Betta132 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:47 am

Everything else sounds potentially workable, but absolutely no gachas. This is a kid-friendly website, and kid-friendly websites do not need gambling. Gachas are notorious for sucking people in and getting them to spend huge amounts of money trying for rare drops. Admittedly some of that is from games deliberately trying to get people hooked, but it's still not a good model to use.
Betta132

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby conarcoin » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:19 pm

i'm gonna be honest, 90% of suggestions for money sinks will not work, adding new items or pets as money sinks will not work.

adding a gacha with old pets would work but good luck convincing staff to do it.

people want to buy list pets with c$ and old store pets and that's what the largest numbers of it will be used on. adding a way to automate that is the only possible money sink that would actually do its job, but would make a lot of people very mad and absolutely bury those pets' rarity into the ground.

adding more stuff to do with c$ won't work if players don't want to actually spend their c$ on whatever that is.

i agree wholeheartedly with sunfang's post here

connor ๐Ÿ•ฏ๏ธ he/any ๐ŸŽ„ adult
conarcoin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StaticTelly » Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:09 pm

love this thread because yeah- everyone seems to value c$ differently . I see old pets go for over 2k c$ and its so insane to me because its over 100 real life dollars you're asking for a virtual pet. the inflation is so BAD. i get c$ every now and then but i mainly use them for trading unless i see a store pet/clothing item i really like. i dont think a gacha is a good idea for a kid friendly website (can easily lead to gambling addiction) but i think re-releasing older store pets or older pets for c$ is such a good idea. it would give newer players an actual chance to get them without doing what feels like selling an arm and a leg !
Static - TV/It/He - Plural
Mspec Xenogender Transmasc
I love bats/TV Heads/Robots!
Currently most active on CoS!
Very bad at high value trades/worth/demand.. Sorry
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
StaticTelly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darni » Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:59 am

BIG SUPPORT!

When I first joined the first event I was able to be in was basically Valentine's Day and the Lioness was the final thing I needed. Someone had basically told me I'm gonna have to pay at least 80 C$ or more for it. This was before it even had a rarity and I remember asking a friend who has been on the site for a while and she was also flabbergasted by how high the price was for a new unknown rarity. Once it was given a rarity as a RARE I saw someone attempting to buy one for 150c$+. Then I got to watch the same thing happen again with the rainbow mane PPS lion. I'm not sure how the site was first-hand before this year, but I was told things weren't like this so I hope we can find a solution!
Darni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleventh hour » Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:00 pm

support!

while this might be controversial and I'm not sure if this had been said somewhere, i think a big way to get c$ value up is to stop allowing offsite trading. this makes rarer pets even harder to get because huge hoards of rare pets are locked behind a gem (or other) pricetag, meaning users will spend money on other sites which makes pets on this site harder to get only further driving inflation. i'm not targeting anyone but I've seen huge groups of even "regular" rare pets locked behind a fr/offsite only trade tag. i'm guilty of buying gems to get pets on here as well, but i really think it's harming the c$ economy :(
eleventh hour

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bubblegumjello » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:14 am

support

- weekly/monthly site giveaways with any super valuable pets stuck in the pound (1 ticket per account, 5c$)
- c$ cap (max 5000 c$ per account, 500 c$ per 30 days)
- 5 dec. 18 pets minimum
- central REGULATED buy and sell tab like the store but user based (like ebay or depop? i guess but for pets). the current forum one is just so messy and filled with spam
- limit offsite trading
- have a few days of the year where the pound will open every hour (jan 1st, april 1st, august 1st)
- direct regulated list by staff (i feel indifferent abt this one)
- more staff that purely regulate trading (to add^)
- re-release store pets as un-tradable

side note: most of those were already brought up by other people

theres so many ways to curb/control the inflation. its just a matter of having enough staff to handle it methinks.
-
also no matter how you go about it people are gonna be mad. donโ€™t deal with it= angry people. deal with it=angry people. thats just how the internet world works lol but with every day that goes by the problem is getting worse and worse. the sooner staff bites the bullet, the better the outcome and less of an outcry that rare traders that control the chicken smoothie economy will make (i guess me included but hey if it means someone else gets their dream pet for half what i spent on it, so be it good for them)
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxme:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxโ˜† she/her โ˜†adult Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxโ˜† anime & games Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcurrent:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxโ˜† game: fortnite Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx โ˜† one piece! corazon Image
cs:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
โ˜† goal: complete collection Image
โ˜† trades โ˜†offsite trades Image
โ˜† favorite species: bunny Image
โ˜† cs discord Image
โ˜† pixels credit here Image
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bubblegumjello

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tatangi » Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:26 am

What if there were a subscription service for C$ or USD that allowed you to pick 1-3 pets from previous months/years/events? Like say I spend 100C$ a month (or the cheaper 5USD option) to support the website. In return, I get a pool of pets from previous releases that I can pick from each month.

The pool can be decided on staff choice, randomly generated based on pet rarity, or based on a current event (like say summer event 2023 month offers summer 2020-2022 event pets in the pool). The more support you give to the website either in C$ form or USD, the higher tier pet pool you can get or you can get more from lower tiered pools. I don't expect VRs or higher to be put into these pools unless it's a one time a year kind of deal.

Also, if you supported the site for say 3,6,9 or 12 months out of the year, you can get a special pet at the end of the year based on how many months you were actively supporting the site through the subscription.

This offers players the chance to get pets from previous releases, it gives players another way to spend C$ and it gives players a chance to support the website directly with USD payments if players don't want to spend the C$ or care for C$ to begin with.

Feel free to poke holes or add to it though, since it's just a suggestion and it might hurt the C$ situation more than help if say a highly sought after pet ended up in the pool for only 5USD or 100C$.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby answrs » Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:08 pm

frankly, as an active member for 15 years, I wholeheartedly agree with sunfang on basically everything. sinks won't work because they won't be used, the only way to get c$ worth something is to make it directly usable for what people want it for, rare pets. I have traded my entire account's worth of valuables from that entire time for the single Cerberus in my signature. and I would absolutely, 100% be fine eating that "loss" if it were to be rereleased so more than like three people in this place could also have one.

honestly idk if it's even feasible to fix at this point, but here's my suggestion. either all year round or choose a month people typically have disposable income. open a rerelease section in the c$ store. throw a dart at the wall. 500 c$, heck even 1000c$ or whatever ludicrous (but not as much as is being demanded on open market - I've seen asking prices of 30,000 c$ - nearly three hundred USD) price tag on individual old stores. limit the amount purchasable if you want. resellers can still make hundreds of real life dollar equivalents but there's a ceiling new and old-but-not-rich users alike can finally aim towards actually having a chance at.

also? don't tell me y'all haven't seen people treat moonswirls and such like dirt for being rerelease pets. there will always be demand for an original truedate Cerberus or Lolita or whatever. ยฏโ \โ _โ (โ ใƒ„โ )โ _โ /โ ยฏ
Last edited by answrs on Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
After 11 years of seeking, I finally obtained my all-time dream on October 1, 2020 ;w;

answrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby quackk » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:26 pm

What's causing this inflation anyways? is there an excessive amount of c$ in circulation, or is it something else?

quackk#1992 *:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœงโ‹†
Imageหšโ‚Šโ€ง๏ธถ๊’ท๊’ฅ๊’ท๏ธถ๊’ท๊’ฅ๊’ทโ€งโ‚Šหš๊’ท๏ธถ๊’ท๊’ฅ๊’ทโ€งโ‚ŠหšImage
๐€๐ฏ๐ข๐ ๐€๐ง๐š๐ซ๐œ๐ก๐ข๐š๐ฅ ๐›๐ฅ๐จ๐œ๐ค ๐ ๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐ž๐ง๐ฃ๐จ๐ฒ๐ž๐ซ | ๐Œ๐‚ ๐ˆ๐†๐: Quackitiy
๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐๐ซ๐š๐ฐ๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Œ๐ข๐ง๐ž๐œ๐ซ๐š๐Ÿ๐ญ, ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐š๐ž !! rolled: 31
โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„
.......Image.......
โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€
โ”€โ”€๐„๐™ ๐ฉ๐ž๐ญ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ซโ”€โ”€๐€๐ฆ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ฌโ”€โ”€๐‚๐š๐ญ๐ฌ & ๐๐จ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐จโ”€โ”€๐“๐ก๐ข๐ฌ๐‚๐š๐ญ๐ƒ๐จ๐ž๐ฌ๐๐จ๐ญ๐„๐ฑ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญโ”€โ”€๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž๐ ๐‚๐’ ๐€๐๐ฌโ”€โ”€

โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„
โ–„โ–„Image
ImageImageImageImage
โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„๐œ๐ฅ๐ข๐œ๐œ 4 ๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐๐ž ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐œ๐ฅ๐ข๐œ๐œ 4 ๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ฉ๐ž
[size=120]โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„

ImageImageImage
quackk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Infailia » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:47 pm

quackk wrote:What's causing this inflation anyways? is there an excessive amount of c$ in circulation, or is it something else?

There is a lot of C$ in circulation, and there are quite a few accounts that have a lot of it. This, combined with everyone wanting to sell their pets/items for more than they paid, increasing values of certain pets/items, and a lack of a sufficient currency sink, leads to inflation. (There are probably also other reasons, this is just what's more prevalent to me).

แƒฆ any/all pronouns
แƒฆ trades welcome
แƒฆ always tired

Infailia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me