Regarding TH favorite links

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Regarding TH favorite links

Postby snowdrake » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:51 pm

So recently I and bunch of others had to remove our Th favorite links because some characters have inappropriate content on them. My suggestion is: make a rule so you are not allowed to post these links anymore at all. I know it sucks for a lot of us, but staff will keep having a ton of work with this I feel like. There’s many people who use their Th favorites for design reference when ordering customs and you simply have no control over what other people add to their chars and if they flag it appropriately. So I think it’s just best to leave these links out altogether to make sure no minor accidentally stumbles upon those characters!

things that support this suggestion

- staff has less work with removing TH links
    - minors don't accidentally stumble upon content that isn't meant for them
    - there is no way of controlling the things people upload to their characters. you might think someone only has safe characters, but suddenly they don't anymore.
    - if you have a lot of favorited characters there is no way of checking every single one of them every day to see if they suddenly have inappropriate content on them

things that speak against this suggestion

- users have a harder time showing examples of the characters they like. but then again, there's always other ways to do that -> minor inconvenience
things just got a lot more relaxed for me, I'll be able to be online more often! responses still won't be instant most times, sorry </3
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Regarding TH favorite links

Postby snowdrake » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:51 pm

Bump
things just got a lot more relaxed for me, I'll be able to be online more often! responses still won't be instant most times, sorry </3
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DizzyGlitchez » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:24 pm

I'm kinda neutral on this. Maybe only allow TH favorite links if the user includes something along the lines of "if you came from CS, i can't control whether inappropriate content is posted on characters i favorited, so browse my favorites at your own risk" on their user warning??
DizzyGlitchez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snowdrake » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:36 pm

GarfPhone wrote:
I'm kinda neutral on this. Maybe only allow TH favorite links if the user includes something along the lines of "if you came from CS, i can't control whether inappropriate content is posted on characters i favorited, so browse my favorites at your own risk" on their user warning??

I would second this, but one of the reasons they had to be removed was because a warning or censoring of the character and the images isn't enough, so I guess that won't be allowed.
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snowdrake » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:07 pm

Bump
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keith-Kogane » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:40 pm

I am also kind of neutral. I'm all for protecting kids, but they can still easily stumble upon something. If you favorited something, and they like it, maybe they'll check out the creator (as I do) and then see something. Also, if you share your account at all, the can navigate to your favorites easily.

I think parents just need to teach their kids better honestly.
Keith-Kogane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me