Less strict forum rules

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Less strict forum rules

Postby kyte » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:37 pm

Support- some communities get very niche and cliqueish, or have rules stricter than those of CS for how the content can be discussed. I used to adore the forums here, but it's gotten stressful trying to navigate and communicate with people. Especially with many non-mature topics being shoved into the 18+ board and therefore getting stuffed full of younger users and steering away from focused and mature conversation towards goofing around. No shame on having fun, it would just be nice if the boards overall were a bit more lenient to let *everyone* have their space and feel welcome.

ShadowKatto wrote:Finally, someone with the same opinion as me!

I agree that the forum rules, especially the ones for the General Discussion board—are way too strict, and I’m tired of just seeing “The ___ thread v. 1000” all the time. The general board on Therian Guide is way more open and is super fun to chat in, and a lot of great discussions and ideas come from there.
I’m also annoyed that a lot of threads get locked because some question someone’s trying to answer belongs “in your signature.” Putting something in a signature is pointless, people are most likely going to ignore it and no one will be able to help you out or talk to you unless if they send you a billion PMs.

I’d really like for the admins to care about this thread but I honestly doubt they ever would

Support!

wait, what? I've never seen someone say a question belongs in your signature. that's heart breaking. :( if it's allowed by site rules, why wouldn't it be allowed a thread?

...also, the "combine every reply to one post" gets stressful. I know it reduces spam on threads, but it also makes it very long and difficult to reply to other posts in threads on mobile. On my computer, I can just ctrl+click on a quote button and get the quote for the reply in a new tab, then copy and paste to the same single reply.
on mobile, it's a matter of continuously going back and copying, editing, pasting. even doing this working with tabs on mobile is more tedious.
ImageImageImageImage

hey y'all

im error/kyte.

i can be blunt and take things too seriously

i promise im not trying to be mean

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
kyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keith-Kogane » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:26 pm

Too tired to type out an elegant response, but support!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx"Never limit yourself because
xxof others’ limited imagination;
xxnever limit others because of
xxyour own limited imagination."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxAlways open for trades
xxxxxxxxLibramasculine
xxxHe/him, maybe they/them
xxxxxx♡♡ Space, nature ♡♡
xxxxxxDMs always open~xxx
Keith-Kogane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pantherpaws!! » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:39 am

BUMPING!!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
⏬Click!⏬

Radinclus & Proud!

I am a Catgender (he/they/it/cat/kit/mew prns) Abro-Lesboy Para/Parogenic system!

Pantherpaws!!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ava » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:03 am

Support! (I have nothing new to share but posted my thoughts anyways!)

I’m just getting back into CS after a few inactive years, but I’ve never bothered touching non-trading/game spaces of the forums in part for this reason. I don’t think I’d contribute to the thread making but I’d feel much more inclined to hop into a casual subject than a 200+ page thread with 10 convos attempting to occur all at once 😭 Or the opposite issue being that they’re typically dead so odds of you getting a response anyways is slim (/gen)

I understand completely though why things are the way they are, just as stated it makes socializing a tad intimidating/difficult
╔══════════════════════════════╗
she/her ☀︎ adult player ☀︎ always down to trade!
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔════════════════════════════╗
hi, i'm ava! i've been playing chicken smoothie
on and off since 2015. i'm here to chill and
feed my pet collecting addiction.
i'm always open to dms & new friends!

╚════════════════════════════╝
ava

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby huskyhiccups » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:32 am

Support. :)
ImageImage
Call me Mew or huskyhiccups! (she/her) ♡
I love
coffee, RuPaul's Drag Race, Smosh, Final Fantasy XIV,
Star Stable, The Sims, Kingdom Hearts, and Danganronpa!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
UR, OMGSR, & old store pet countmy listomy FR
huskyhiccups

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trapezoid » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:51 am

THIS THIS THIS THIS!!! SUPPORT SUPPORT! I Don't know where to put ANYTHING! I've been really upset over this. I don't want to even post in the forums cause of it. They CONSTANTLY have to lock threads, They're just giving themselves more work over like, nothing! If you wanna talk about "Unnessecary Clutter", I think having a bunch of random locked threads does that... :/ Also, ain't that just embarassing to the person?
If I just wanna say something on my mind that's CS related but isn't part of a giant thread, What am I supposed to do? And people making their own posts feels a lot more like a friendly discussion than being in a giant crowd of people all posting over each other. And what if you wanna follow one conversation but someone's starting another right below it?
If I sound mad, It's cause I am... This has been on my mind for a while. I constantly think of stuff I'd like to post but then I'm like "...Where am I gonna put that? I don't feel like looking through pages and pages of stuff to find a random thread."
And also sometimes they say to just put stuff in their signature... But why would you put stuff like that in your signature? Isn't that supposed to be an "about yourself" section of sorts? I've never seen anyone just have a portion of their signature dedicated to their thoughts.
I get it for trading stuff/pet worth, But for anything else, it's just an unnecessary restriction that makes some people (me) straight up scared to approach the forums. I really really hope staff will consider this. No offense to Staff at all, But man! They really gotta rethink this one.
trapezoid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:15 am

"Less strict forum rules" is too vague e.e and I did read the first post but I still don't get it... what is the specific suggestion we are supporting or not? Can someone summarize?
Characters.Toyhouse. Dreamwalkers.Image
ImageWriting Contest >> Here<<
avatar by shalusky MM stamp by hellevi
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sashtato » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:29 am

kyte wrote:
...also, the "combine every reply to one post" gets stressful. I know it reduces spam on threads, but it also makes it very long and difficult to reply to other posts in threads on mobile. On my computer, I can just ctrl+click on a quote button and get the quote for the reply in a new tab, then copy and paste to the same single reply.
on mobile, it's a matter of continuously going back and copying, editing, pasting. even doing this working with tabs on mobile is more tedious.

It is beyond stressful for me. I use my computer for CS a lot, so I can't even imagine the issue on mobile, but with my Autism I get extremely overwhelmed trying to do that. Extremely. And then I get really anxious when I'm told off for not doing it, so often I just won't participate in discussions I would love to participate in. I understand it to some degree but it gets to be too much.

Okay enough of my tangent, I do agree though. There have certainly been some threads made where someone is literally talking about nothing and its one sentence. I understand that being locked or deleted. But you guys are talking about more niche discussion threads and I'm appalled that those are being locked so much, that makes me sad for you guys!

ImageImageImageImage
I may be slow to respond or
get anxious over certain messages
or posts, I apologize in advance!
ImageImageImageImage

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
My sister in law <3
My best friend <3
My Husband <333
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Nelinha | She/Her | Adult | Sped Para | Disabled

Sashtato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tinpi » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:48 am

SUPPORT!! although i do shuffle through some threads, i never really interact with any of them out of fear of either not following the conversation topic 100% or being yelled at for doing something wrong. i didnt even really start posting on threads other than my own until recently, and the only ones im really participating in is ones for the forum games because i find it the easiest kind to reply to. I understand clutter 100%, but the amount of locked threads are probably most of said clutter, seeing as theres hundreds of pages of threads. As much as I love the site and the people on it, the fear of being wrong and too vague overrules my desire to communicate with others.

also, I feel like having your thread locked for simply doing something wrong is so awkward and humiliating, feels sorta like youre being made into an example of what not to do instead of being educated and encouraged to interact with the correct thread. ive had my threads locked in the past when i first joined the site, i was awkward and not the brightest tool in the toolbox, and having them locked and being reached out to by moderators scared me into not interacting period and prevented me from really trying to make friends here. I cant imagine how younger people who are relatively new to the site feel about it, and just in general everyone else.

i just had to go on a tangent for a minute, but SUPPORT!!! 🎉

Image TINPIImage

TOYHOUSE | ART SHOP | TRADE THREAD

| SHE/HER |
|Digital artist|
|Discord: Cinaaa|

©

tinpi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LionKingdom » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:58 am

Cina wrote:SUPPORT!! although i do shuffle through some threads, i never really interact with any of them out of fear of either not following the conversation topic 100% or being yelled at for doing something wrong. i didnt even really start posting on threads other than my own until recently, and the only ones im really participating in is ones for the forum games because i find it the easiest kind to reply to. I understand clutter 100%, but the amount of locked threads are probably most of said clutter, seeing as theres hundreds of pages of threads. As much as I love the site and the people on it, the fear of being wrong and too vague overrules my desire to communicate with others.

also, I feel like having your thread locked for simply doing something wrong is so awkward and humiliating, feels sorta like youre being made into an example of what not to do instead of being educated and encouraged to interact with the correct thread. ive had my threads locked in the past when i first joined the site, i was awkward and not the brightest tool in the toolbox, and having them locked and being reached out to by moderators scared me into not interacting period and prevented me from really trying to make friends here. I cant imagine how younger people who are relatively new to the site feel about it, and just in general everyone else.

i just had to go on a tangent for a minute, but SUPPORT!!! 🎉

Support 100% Locking someone's thread for example, bumping too much just feels utterly humiliating and I don't agree with it at all. Like maybe make it so the person can't reply to threads for awhile? But don't lock up their thread? I never ever agreed with that type of "punishment" of locking a thread because of that, it just feels humiliating

★Hello!★

You can call me Rei ^^ He/Him or They/Them
⋆ I'm a lion collector :>
⋆ My lion collection is currently finished!
I like:
⋆ Jujutsu Kaisen (I'm the biggest Gojo simp ever), FMAB (my favourite anime!), Demon slayer, Minecraft, Kuromi, True crime videos, Grian, ShadowMech, Forge Labs.

★°¤*#Technobladeneverdies*¤°★
LionKingdom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me