Sell Chicken Smoothie (Poll Has Been Reset!)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Should Tess & Nick Sell CS

I agree with this post and believe CS should be sold/passed on
19%
I agree with this post, but I don't believe CS should be sold
52%
I am neutral about the topic presented
13%
I think Chicken Smoothing is doing fine
16%

Total votes : 776

Re: Sell Chicken Smoothie (No Spamming!)

Postby Resplendent » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:29 am

I'm a little late in the game, but I would like to voice my support for this.

I agree that the admins are awfully quiet and don't really seem to be on that much. Really, the only admin that I still see semi-regular posts from nowadays is Simon and they became admin just last year. It's very concerning, really. I do think CS needs more frequent updates (even if they're small, but if they occur regularly like once per month or something then it would show commitment to the site as well as show the admins are active). What I worry about is CS ending up with a company who does not see the site for what it is and starts turning it into what CS isn't, but given that other games/sites I've been on have been corrupted by the people who founded them I'm open to CS getting sold. However, I think I would want someone who has been on CS, has experienced these problems happening over the years, and is willing to take these drastic measures to improve the site. If there is no such person, then CS may get sold to a higher-up company. I also agree that there needs to be more coders since Nick by himself isn't enough to cater to a site with thousands of active members.

Thank you so much for bringing up such valuable suggestions. I hope that this thread will benefit CS and that the admins will heavily consider the suggestions and points raised in this thread.

Resplendent
xxxxxxxi(she/her)
x━━━━━━━━━━━━━
xxartist & writer • carrd
Resplendent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rosevon » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:44 am

I really don't understand, but maybe that's because I'm a "new user". I made my account a little less than a year ago, during the Halloween 2019 event. Chicken Smoothie has seemed pretty alright to me since then... Am I misunderstanding something?
Welcome to My Halloween Peace

I'm just a sweet little witch

Blessed Be

rosevon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Harley_Quinn21 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:47 am

Maybe it’s just because I’m old on this site, even though I’m still petty that y’all banned my little sisters account because you thought I had two, but I hate change, and tbh I think the site is doing good, yes we lose members but we also gain them, maybe a few things could be added or changed but we should keep the site relatively the exact same, because it’s great how it is
Hiya I'm Hailey
I am addicted to Harley Quinn and Joker and I act way more like Harley than a sane human should.... if I’m even sane at this point.

Harley_Quinn21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soloee » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:52 am

DanitheCandi wrote:I really don't understand, but maybe that's because I'm a "new user". I made my account a little less than a year ago, during the Halloween 2019 event. Chicken Smoothie has seemed pretty alright to me since then... Am I misunderstanding something?

I don't think the problem is that there is nothing to do/nothing to enjoy here, because it is. The problem is that with time most expect games to develope more, get new functions and get better. Cs does change, but from my understaning many feel like it doesn't change as much as it should do. Older players will not be as interested anymore.
┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
sHi, I'm Soloee <3 I love to draw,
xlwatch Youtube and play games
xxlike cs. I actually started to
xxplay cs November 15th 2017.
wHope to see you around friend!
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━──┙

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
xI am a picky trader, but that's because
LxxI find it hard to give away my pets.
lxxTrades are still welcome any time :)

┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙
┍≫ ──━━ ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ━━── ≪┑
xxxDappervolkFlight RisingToyhouse
┕─━━━━━━━━━━━━─━━─┙

┍━━━━━━━━┑
bxx𝓢𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓮𝓮
xllShe/her • Norway
┕━━━━━━━━┙
┍━━━━━━━━┑
xl"It's a weird thing,
xxxxwe call it life"

┕━━━━━━━━┙
Soloee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bilaz » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:05 am

We have two mini events to break up the year tho
The staff pets and the general helper pets and the whole mystery game and all the hints and stuff that goes with them
╔═════════{♥}═════════╗
And so all things, time will mend
So this song will end...

╚═════════{♥}═════════╝
x➤ My OC Erik, I love to write stories
x➤ Sasha - ISFJ - vegan - adult
x➤ Proud tea drinker and cat lover
x➤ Feel free to send me a message! ©

Image x Image x Image
Bilaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:52 am

As an avid mobile gamer for the last 8 years, I have to say that constant events make me either burned out (if I participate in all of them) or sad (if I have to miss some of them).

I like that CS has 4 big events per year and that they're fairly spread out: Easter (March/April), summer event (July/August), Halloween (October), and Advent Calendar (December). I like it for a reason similar to why I like that I don't have to do anything to take care of my pets. And I don't think CS is the kind of game to have something going on monthly.

In one of my earlier posts in the thread, I said this:
nickjr wrote:Sometimes I don't like myself because I feel like I'm being a gatekeeper for what CS should be (I do NOT feel this way when I see the exact same actions done by other members! I only feel it for myself LOL when others post stuff like that, I'm like "heck yes I completely agree this is unsuitable for CS", but then when I go to post the exact same stuff, I hesitate lol), but I've been growing increasingly uncomfortable with some of the more "radical" feature suggestions, for lack of a better word, that I've been seeing that would make CS more into a pet site than the adoptables site that it is.

This is basically a shining example of what kind of suggestion I meant.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ufoparty » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:57 am

Soloee wrote:
DanitheCandi wrote:I really don't understand, but maybe that's because I'm a "new user". I made my account a little less than a year ago, during the Halloween 2019 event. Chicken Smoothie has seemed pretty alright to me since then... Am I misunderstanding something?

I don't think the problem is that there is nothing to do/nothing to enjoy here, because it is. The problem is that with time most expect games to develope more, get new functions and get better. Cs does change, but from my understaning many feel like it doesn't change as much as it should do. Older players will not be as interested anymore.

i don’t think I’ve ever joined a free game really expecting much change? I joined 5 years ago and the lack of change doesn’t really bother me, y’know?

kinda related to this I just feel like there’s a lot of folks on this thread speak so dramatically about this (‘we’re crying for help’, ‘justice for chicken smoothie’) like somebody died lmao. I know it’s easy to say ‘if you don’t like it just quit’, but if it’s causing people so much stress that a free pet site hasn’t developed, why continue to bother with it?
Image fox | they/them | adult | film major
ufoparty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ryu the Riolu » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:04 am

I read most of the replies, I’ve been on CS since I joined back in 2014/15/16 (I honestly forget when) when a friend introduced it to me during after school.

And I loved it for a good, 3, maybe 4, years. Went on daily. And now it’s just.. idk I’ve been having thoughts on maybe going on a haitus or something. I recently began to get bored of the site, and even donated 4,000 + pets and most of my items to the pound simply because I just didn’t want them anymore. The only reason I’m still here is bc of the summer event, and I maybe want to do a contest (which in of itself is kinda a hassle but that’s a whole other cup of tea) to get rid of a few rares.

I’m terrible with wording, and sorry for my weird ramble, but yes, I support the thread.

Edit: forgot to say I myself am mostly on just bc of quarantine. While I haven’t seen a decline in past years, I still feel like it has been. Not drastically but subtly.
Last edited by Ryu the Riolu on Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
Sam | she/they | etc
idk what to put here, I like werewolves.
🌿🌿🌿
Ryu the Riolu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pthumerian » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:16 am

Although I agree that more events could keep the site more active, I think it would be very hard to come up with stuff for events more often.
Also it would become very stressful to constantly click banners etc. - at least for me that's quite stressful.
I personally would like some smaller events now and then, in the "size" of St. Patrick's Day maybe.
pthumerian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nano. » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:25 am

themed items would be pretty cute but we already have st patrick's day and the two new years. perhaps some limited store items every now and then, in the vein of store pets but a little more affordable? not that store pets aren't cheap enough, but i remember having to beg my parents to shill out on c$ whenever i saw a set i liked, back in the day. cheaper store items might let people stretch their cash a bit further while still getting the same feeling. i'm going on a massive tangent though lol
nano.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me