Sell Chicken Smoothie (Poll Has Been Reset!)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Should Tess & Nick Sell CS

I agree with this post and believe CS should be sold/passed on
19%
I agree with this post, but I don't believe CS should be sold
52%
I am neutral about the topic presented
13%
I think Chicken Smoothing is doing fine
16%

Total votes : 776

Re: Sell Chicken Smoothie (No Spamming!)

Postby WhiskeyFox » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:23 pm

I’ve been reading back on this a lot, but I would gladly volunteer to create story lines on Summer Events and such, you won’t see me a lot in the forums because it has died for me, especially the roleplays, but I think it would be nice if CS had a small thing where people could suggest ideas and story plots for summer events. In my opinion they have been fading since the Candy and Space event and I would just love to see that tiny spark of those summer events return. And please, I know it’s difficult but I would love to see more items, from both events and just other small holidays.

Edit: I also understand that Tess doesn’t want minigames, but I would just like this idea to be out there, because me and my friends were saying it’s a shame that we missed certain summer events and games, and we would love to experience them again. So here is my idea, of maybe just having the summer event games, we don’t have to earn anything from it, I would love to just enjoy them again like I did those years ago. I completely understand if this is a no go, but it’s just nice to have this out there :)
ImageImageImageImageImage

xxxxImageImage
xx⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯Image⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
xxx┍──────────────────────┑
xxxxxxxxxTill Death We do Art
xxxxxxxAdult™|They/Them|Danmei
xxx┕──────────────────────┙
xxxxxxxxx
x⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯Image⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
xxxxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxx⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
xxxxxGift Them - FR - Art Shop
xxxxxxxx⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
WhiskeyFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby salem » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:15 am

its my first time logging on in a couple of days, and seeing this makes me want to cry (good tears, i promise).

chickensmoothie is my safe haven. its my place to escape. to be me. i know im relatively new, and havent been a member of this community for nearly half as long as the other users voicing their concerns, but i share them still. seeing the decline of activity on cs breaks my heart, and i know it comes from lack of communication between admins (not admin-assistants, but the admins, (mostly tess at this point)) and other members. after reading lacuna's posts on here, its between site creators and... everyone else. how is a website expected to grow and flourish when the creator is nowhere to be found? it sucks to see a place where i felt so safe become i place where i can't being myself to log onto anymore.

i used to buy c$ like it was nothing to help my collection and hoard grow, but now i cant be bothered. after all, why should i continue to put money into a website that doesnt give back to its users? im not talking about anything extravagant here. maybe look at the rotting suggestion board once a week and do weekly updates with the easy-to-apply suggestions. monthly, or yearly updates for the larger suggestions. maybe add more things we can spend our c$ on? bi-monthly pets are nice, but look at the store!! last time we got new store items were meveh's (amazing) wigs in 2018. two years ago. before that, 2015 november. the items in the store were great five, six years ago, but do we really still need all those items? theyre outdated. give us new items in circulation. or keep the ones in the store, but maybe do limited, bi-monthly items, just like pets. give us something to look forward to. something new and creative and out of the box.

staff arent paid, so why wouldnt there be an abundance of staff members to add to the team? burrito bunny said you dont have to be 18+ to be a GH, so add on a plethora of general helpers to help with the smaller stuff. have seperate global mods for different tasks. have a group of mods that deal with posts and topics that have been reported, a group that deals with help tickets.

bring in more coders!! its obvious nick is in over his head. theres so many suggestions that deal with additional coding that he cant get through. bring in at least two more coders to get the weight off of nick's shoulders.

theres just so much to do to save chicken smoothie before resorting to the last possible option, selling it to someone who will care for it. but if that's what it'll take to revive this site, then im all for it.

until i see some change, i will not be purchasing c$ anymore.

edited some spelling errors

Last edited by salem on Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

𝒊 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒊 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅 𝒓𝒂𝒘 xx freyjah - they/them
salem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -icarus- » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:57 am

Holy cow, this thread blew up in the span of two days haha- I was internetless while all this was happening-
The first thing I'm gonna say as an avid and early supporter of this is 1.thank you staff for looking at and replying to our concerns! Though it seems the point was kinda missed by many, its heartwarming and helpful to see y'all explain our point better. We are not trying to attack staff, we appreciate them and love them!
2. I'm very glad to see updates being made as well, this shows how much of an impact this thread has made!
3. Although being rather late to this particular party, I was very disheartened by some peoples' reaction to Nick's post. We all love and appreciate out staff, but the reaction was atrocious. Being cautious here is very much needed, as if you say anything wrong, you'll get many posts telling you that rudely, especially with how toxic this site has become. Nick made a mistake and he apologized for it, lay off. This thread will not become bullying and hateful, that's what got others locked.
4. I love the suggestions people are making here! Some are repeats of those that need to be repeated, but most are new ideas that would greatly contribute to the revitalization of CS. Keep up the good work!
5. Concerning this thread itself, the title is rather misleading, but the point is to be attention-grabbing. So maybe instead of having No Spam in the (), have "read first post" or something like that, and add no spam to the rules. People are still finding this thread and being outraged at the idea of selling CS, and post just that on the recent page. So having a reminder there to read the first post will fix a lot of that.
That's pretty much it from me, this thread has spoken for me.
The Band of Misfits | they/them | collectors of eggs... and hamsters | & &
diagnosed anxiety disorder and ADHD, sd 'tism, pluralflux
Pokefarm Q | Final Outpost |
ImageImageImageImage
Image Image
-icarus-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blueberry » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:32 am

daedalus wrote:

i used to buy c$ like it was nothing to help my collection and hoard grow, but now i cant be bothered. after all, why should i continue to put money into a website that doesnt give back to its users? im not talking about anything extravagant here. maybe look at the rotting suggestion board once a week and do weekly updates with the easy-to-apply suggestions. monthly, or yearly updates for the larger suggestions. maybe add more things we can spend our c$ on? bi-monthly pets are nice, but look at the store!! last time we got new store items were meveh's (amazing) wigs in 2018. two years ago. before that, 2015 november. the items in the store were great five, six years ago, but do we really still need all those items? theyre outdated. give us new items in circulation. or keep the ones in the store, but maybe do limited, bi-monthly items, just like pets. give us something to look forward to. something new and creative and out of the box.

"After all, why should i continue to put money into a website that doesnt give back to its users?"

You've perfectly encompassed many of our concerns in a single, impactful sentence.

I don't want to sound harsh, and I recognize that CS still does a lot for us - monthly adoptables, store pets, events, but beyond that, it doesn't feel like the owners have any interest in how we feel, or our interests.

Because, let's be honest, beyond basic responsibilities, Chicken Smoothie stopped giving back to the community years ago. Maybe they assumed we were content (although, the Suggestion Forum would suggest otherwise).

It's time for Chicken Smoothie to give back to it's community.

I'm unbelievably grateful that Nick has decided to initiate change, and I know many of the users here feel the same. Another concern, which many of my friends have expressed, is Tess's absence, from both this site, and this thread. If Nick, a co-owner can make time for us, why can't Tess? Surely she's aware of everything happening? Surely she also wants to save CS?

Blueberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:04 am

utau0223 wrote:
Lacuna wrote:Also, new update here: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4384947 We are working to use the announcements board more and there may be other communication avenues coming as well.

are there going to be any changes to the announcement boards to make it more visible or anything? otherwise i don't see why the new update couldn't just be posted on the Site News section on the front page to give updates more attention, which could also hopefully start to mend the communication between users and staff.

there could be a small news box on the front page with latest updates. Flight rising hasit and some other games i llay have it too. It shows if a site is active to new and returning people
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!!!

Offsite deals
FlightRising
Treasure: 200.000
Gems: 1200
Feel free to make an offer

SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kabuski » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:07 am

I wonder what all this thread is going to bring for the future of cs.
I really hope this site revives.

m
mi
mii
miii
miiii
miiiii
miiiiii
miiiiiii
miiiiiiii
miiiiiiiii
miiiiiiii
miiiiiii
miiiiii
miiiii
miiii
miii
mii
mi
m

Kabuski

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simon » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:58 pm

I've been following this thread closely and finally feel ready to take accountability and make some commitments moving forward to help CS thrive.

Firstly, I just want to say that I get it. I would like to say sorry if I've in any way contributed to a sense of the divide between staff and the userbase. It's easy to get caught up in working behind the scenes and to lose sight of the big picture. So thank you for having the courage to speak out and make some noise, I know it's not necessarily an easy or comfortable thing to do. Honestly, seeing everyone feel so passionate about CS makes me happy and hopeful. While we all may disagree on things here and there, one thing I know for certain is that CS has been able to thrive due to the strong passion that we all have for this site.

Now that's sweet and all but at the end of the day, I know what people want is some concrete changes. I'm going to commit to the following:

• Moving forward (starting next month), I will be posting news updates on the front page mid-month detailing what staff has been working on, minor updates, rule changes, etc. Hopefully, this will loop you all in on what is going on behind the scenes.

• I am going to work with staff on compiling all of our site rules and creating one large thread detailing all of our site rules. This is long overdue and hopefully will provide more clarity and less frustration. I would like to take this time to carefully review all of our rule sets and possibly make wording clearer so I anticipate this will take a couple of weeks but I promise it is coming. We will also work on making a log for site updates so changes that have been made can easily be tracked.

• Lastly, I vow to make more of an effort to immerse myself back into the community and enjoy what brought me to this site in the first place. So expect to see me around a lot more.
Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:02 pm

Thank you.
For me, that's all I've ever wanted.
I want to see the site built/improved upon by the community and staff together. I miss the interactions of long ago where we would actually talk to each other and I look forward to that return.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maligator » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:14 pm

Wow, thank you so much Simon, this means so much and I am just beyond happy and excited to hear this from you, and see all of the changed and steps forwards you and the staff are planning on doing!
I love this site so much, and I really do only want to see the best for this site.
it seems that things really are going to start changing for the better, and that the staff and users will be able to have more communication and a better relationship as a whole.

I have always been pretty dang proud to be a user of chicken smoothie, but the responses on this thread from both the users and the staff genuinely make me even more proud. I really love to see the community being heard right now, and I really am so pleased and excited to look forward.
♡ Lover and wearer of Lolita fashion ♡

♡ Obsession with PPS dragon cats ♡

♡ Extremely passionate about dogs ♡

These are my babies

Misty
♫ You didn't choose this,
but you'll be defined
by the times you didn't
quit. Will you be
remembered by what
darkness did, or what
you did with it?
Will you turn the
light out, or be a
human lighthouse?
Keep breaking down or
break your chains?
If you're standing on the
ledge, so close to giving
up on holding on… You'll
never know what could
have been. Who would
you be if you had just
stayed strong? You are
more than what you're
enduring, you can make
it to the morning. All your
pain is just a hero forming.
If you can save,
you can save your story ♫
Maligator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:32 pm

Simon wrote:
    I've been following this thread closely and finally feel ready to take accountability and make some commitments moving forward to help CS thrive.

Firstly, I just want to say that I get it. I would like to say sorry if I've in any way contributed to a sense of the divide between staff and the userbase. It's easy to get caught up in working behind the scenes and to lose sight of the big picture. So thank you for having the courage to speak out and make some noise, I know it's not necessarily an easy or comfortable thing to do. Honestly, seeing everyone feel so passionate about CS makes me happy and hopeful. While we all may disagree on things here and there, one thing I know for certain is that CS has been able to thrive due to the strong passion that we all have for this site.

Now that's sweet and all but at the end of the day, I know what people want is some concrete changes. I'm going to commit to the following:

• Moving forward (starting next month), I will be posting news updates on the front page mid-month detailing what staff has been working on, minor updates, rule changes, etc. Hopefully, this will loop you all in on what is going on behind the scenes.

• I am going to work with staff on compiling all of our site rules and creating one large thread detailing all of our site rules. This is long overdue and hopefully will provide more clarity and less frustration. I would like to take this time to carefully review all of our rule sets and possibly make wording clearer so I anticipate this will take a couple of weeks but I promise it is coming. We will also work on making a log for site updates so changes that have been made can easily be tracked.

• Lastly, I vow to make more of an effort to immerse myself back into the community and enjoy what brought me to this site in the first place. So expect to see me around a lot more.

EXCITED SCREAMING PROGRESS THANK YOU
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me