Suggestion: Oekaki Follow Filter

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you think this would be a good feature?

yes as an artist
44%
yes as a follower
49%
no, as an artist I like that my followers see everything I post
4%
no, as a follower I wouldn’t use it because I would just click every box
3%

Total votes : 268

Suggestion: Oekaki Follow Filter

Postby Loelya » Sat May 30, 2020 7:15 am

I would love to have a feature where, when following an artist, you have the option to select which oekaki categories you’d like to see art from them in.

as someone who has been a closed species artist in the past, I’ve been anxious on occasion when posting new adopts because I know that those who follow me for other art might not want their oekaki feed filled with same-base designs. If someone had the option to uncheck a box for the four adoptables categories and only see art of mine that went into other categories, I think I’d feel freer in what I create because I’d know that anyone who follows me can pick and choose which categories they’d most like to see.

It could be useful for other categories as well; maybe someone is following a comic an artist is producing and would most want notifications for that category, or maybe someone would check every box except for competitions and editables because they can’t use oekaki themselves and don’t need a notification for them. I think there’s a lot of ways this kind of option could be used if it were possible to put into place.
Last edited by Loelya on Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:07 am, edited 7 times in total.
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Thoughts/Suggestions

Postby Loelya » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:18 pm

hiero wrote:also big support. theres a lot of people I'd like to follow that I dont because of the exact reason you stated; I am not really interested in same base drawings filling my feed when adopts aren't something I am interested in

Raptocidic wrote:Yes please! I do adopts and art, and i'd love it if my followers could pick and choose what they get notifications for!

Sometimes I will follow someone, then later on they'll join a species I'm not interested in, and I end up unfollowing because my feed is full of adopts for a species i'm not interested in, obscuring the art and adopts I actually care about. However, more often than not, I'm still interested in the artists regular adopts & artwork. Being able to choose what categories you follow would eliminate this entirely.

This would also be a great feature for users who create different type of artwork, lets say someone makes lots of nice abstract work, but also draws their characters a lot. Their followers could choose if they only want to br notified for the character art, or the abstract work, for example.

Perhaps it would work by automatically giving you notifications for everything the artists post, then you can choose to opt-out of notifications for certain categories if you want.

hypnowave wrote:
    gonna go ahead and give this a friendly bump because i've been seeing another situation where this would be useful!

it's when artists start making "color the x and get a y!" challenges and my follow feed is instantly flooded with colored drawings from the challenge accepted board. of course, i don't blame the original artist or the participants at all - in fact, i'm pretty sure everyone involved is humorously remorseful in knowing they're about to inevitably take up space in people's feeds, haha! still doesn't change that this suggestion would greatly improve my experience with the oekaki feed, though :>

Lolly_CGC wrote:fully support this! I don't follow a lot of amazing artists because I'm not interested in most closed species and don't want my notifications flooded with them

jay wrote:As both an artist and a follower, yes, I would love a filter function. I know I've actually unfollowed some people in the past because they were flooding my notifications with closed species adopts and it just wasn't my thing. I feel guilty about it, but I just don't really like em that much.
Last edited by Loelya on Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Oekaki Follow Filter

Postby Aurora Storm » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:39 pm

Support! ♡
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypnowave » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:54 am

IDK WHY I DIDNT POST HERE ANY EARLIER BUT... PLEASE
    huuuuge support. i love to see other artists' work but adopt 2 just isn't my scene anymore.......
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hiero » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:40 pm

also big support. theres a lot of people I'd like to follow that I dont because of the exact reason you stated; I am not really interested in same base drawings filling my feed when adopts aren't something I am interested in
gaydrian#2665
hiero

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:30 pm

Aurora Storm wrote:
    Support! ♡

reyligion wrote:
    IDK WHY I DIDNT POST HERE ANY EARLIER BUT... PLEASE
    huuuuge support. i love to see other artists' work but adopt 2 just isn't my scene anymore.......

hiero wrote:also big support. theres a lot of people I'd like to follow that I dont because of the exact reason you stated; I am not really interested in same base drawings filling my feed when adopts aren't something I am interested in

thank you all for the support! c: <3
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ahirked » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:32 pm

100% support! brill idea! I tend to follow artists regardless of what they post but sometimes it can be a little annoying, so a filter would be a brilliant way around that (:
ahki - they/he - black trans lives matter - free palestine
art by -ewie- of my werm, Pip
ahirked

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:20 pm

ahirked wrote:100% support! brill idea! I tend to follow artists regardless of what they post but sometimes it can be a little annoying, so a filter would be a brilliant way around that (:

I’m glad you agree! ^^ thank you 💜
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion: Oekaki Follow Filter

Postby Loelya » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:50 am

💜
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ahirked » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:17 am

Loelya wrote:
ahirked wrote:100% support! brill idea! I tend to follow artists regardless of what they post but sometimes it can be a little annoying, so a filter would be a brilliant way around that (:

I’m glad you agree! ^^ thank you 💜

bump +
    also just to tag on, TH has this option of selecting what type of notifications you can receive from subscribing to someone, so a filter would be an excellent tool to implement here if possible uvu
ahki - they/he - black trans lives matter - free palestine
art by -ewie- of my werm, Pip
ahirked

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me