Warning System for Trading Valuable Pets

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Support? (Comment further suggestions below)

Yes
57%
No
29%
Maybe
14%

Total votes : 7

Warning System for Trading Valuable Pets

Postby FallenOrpheus » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:35 am

So with December 18 over, the worst of the ninja and potentially unfair traders are gone.

I was discussing with a newer player about the potential of an advisory system, much like the warning message you get when trading with someone in the same ip address. When you go to accept a trade involving a very rare or above pet, you get a message to pop up that says "pets in this trade may have a high value. Before accepting, make sure it's a fair trade."
It could include advice to seek out the Fair Trade Thread or something like that?

The newer player and I both thought it could be a useful way to help prevent being scammed out of valuable pets, because it would make the user stop and consider the trade. The newer player I spoke to received many unfair trades during December 18th with no warning that the pet they had was rarer than they thought, and they only realised how unfair it was when I asked to see the trade.

It may be too much difficulty to code, but I thought I would suggest it anyway. Of course, for users who don't want to see this message, there could be an option to disable it.
FallenOrpheus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me