Suggestion: Giving rewards for dressups

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Suggestion: Giving rewards for dressups

Postby unickorn » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:54 am

Hey there! I don’t believe anybody has mentioned something like this, so I want to say it!

Wouldn’t it be great if there were rewards for dressups? It would increase people dressing up their pets and entering them into catagories. Also it would make people want to trade for items instead of just selling them or never using them. Many people are do dressups but if CS gave rewards to people who got the most likes or whoever’s dressup was most popular, more people would definitely want to be involved for the reward.

Such rewards could be C$, Pets, Items from the store, etc.

pros:
cons:
-People could create controversy over dressups
-Players could get scammed out of their items

-Increase in item trade
-Increase in participation for dressups
-Interaction between the members of the CS community

What do you guys think?
click the nick
for a surprise <3

unickorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion: Giving rewards for dressups

Postby hypnowave » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:39 am

i do believe it would be a great way to motivate CS users to do more creative dressups, but keep in mind that CS does not plan on giving away c$ for free! unfortunately, since CS's main income is from c$ purchases and the money is needed to keep the site's servers running, giving away c$ for free just isn't a good plan atm. just thought i'd let you know!
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Phantom » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:49 am

reyligion wrote:
    i do believe it would be a great way to motivate CS users to do more creative dressups, but keep in mind that CS does not plan on giving away c$ for free! unfortunately, since CS's main income is from c$ purchases and the money is needed to keep the site's servers running, giving away c$ for free just isn't a good plan atm. just thought i'd let you know!

Jumping onto this. they also wouldn't give away store items/pets due to them being the result of using C$ in a way.
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Anura. » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:10 pm

What about a special item designed for the top three for each theme? It could just be like a little star sticker or something that says good job? 😂

That way you get something rare out of it, but its something that could be "account locked" so it cant be traded! That way you can show it off on your pets, like an achievement!
.Anura.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mystical-maniac » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:15 pm

i agree with .Echo., i also think perhaps it could be something small (like a ribbon) for most dress up challenges and possibly something bigger for challenges that go with an event.

or prizes could only be for event challenges.

"boring artist™"

links
-instagram
-toyhouse
-artfight
-sig art base
Feel free to PM me for any reason!
mystical-maniac

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unickorn » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:11 pm

mystic-canine wrote:i agree with .Echo., i also think perhaps it could be something small (like a ribbon) for most dress up challenges and possibly something bigger for challenges that go with an event.

or prizes could only be for event challenges.

That’s a good idea!
click the nick
for a surprise <3

unickorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bean_Cake » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:59 pm

Support 💜

I love the idea of winning a prize for dress up challenges, I personally love entering my pets. There could be 3 winners and a runner up, all receiving a colored ribbon item that you can use in dress ups. Maybe other challenges offer a random rare pet to winners or their pet is featured on the home page in another slide show. I think this would definitely get others into dressing up their pets.

Bean_Cake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:49 pm

I don't think this would work TBH.
As much as I like dressing up my pets, this seems less of a "who can make the best dressup" and more of a "who has the biggest social network/who is more popular"
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KitzuneLuna » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:53 pm

mmm I think you could avoid the popularity contest through making the dressups anonymous. you enter the pet dressed up and when people go to vote, there is no name. kind of like what pokefarmq does. that way, up until the winner is chosen, there is no bias due to the user who made the dressup.
while you were studying the list, I was pawning internet funnymen for pets on my unsanctioned CS server

ImageImageImage
KitzuneLuna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:32 am

Yeah, but I'm not sure how to avoid the popularity contest. Let's make an example.

I put one bow on a dog as my dressup. That's it. That's my entry.
Or some kind of rare item combination so it's easily IDed.
I then make a post on FR, Wajas, DV, Aywas and whatever else I can find saying I'm giving a good chunk of in game currency for likes on CS. How quickly do you think my "one bow" dog will rise to the top if I advertise in all of those games and pay out?
After all, some exclusive one of a kind item is on the line here, who wouldn't make the effort to win?
I also announce which is my dressup here on CS so I can trade "like for like" or even pay C$ for each like and rise even further.

Mods can't police what happens on other sites, so it wouldn't be an issue, right?

It's kind of already happening on FR. FR just fixed it's "likes for a dragon" feature and people are paying currency for likes. There's no "winning", just people being competitive over like numbers... imagine how bad it would be if there was a reward attached to it.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me