''Display only'' Group Option (POLL)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Support or no support?

I support this!
44%
I Don't support this!
48%
I think it needs more options!
8%

Total votes : 117

Re: ''Display only'' Group Option

Postby Liliette » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:02 am

Eatha wrote:Going to respond to everyone in general.
Thank you all for the support.

the argument ''they should just lock their groups'' literally goes against the whole ''display only'' thing (Which is what this suggestion is for) this is for people who put their pets on display don't want to lock their groups but they also dont want offers for those pets.
I don't mind people not supporting this, but most of the people not supporting it aren't realising that ''display only'' isn't the same as nft
(Im not trying to be rude or mean, and i don't mean to assume things)

I was only a reiterating because you said "display only" isnt the same as nft on the last page.

Anyways then I fully disagree. When in a trading mindset I and many other people dont care about your achievements or dreamies. You'd be better off showing it in forums, signatures, and cs discord servers. Thats why having a display only group in trades serves no purpose since (most) people arent intrested or care about looking at your display group.

I'd only consider this if, like ender suggested, there was a option for people not to see these display groups at all.
Liliette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:44 am

No support. If I'm trading with someone, I am there to trade; I'm not interested at looking at their collection. If I was, I would just look at their pets.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:11 am

No support.

There are many, many places on site for you to show off your pets.
There's an entire board here to show off your favorites.

If you want to see someone's showcase collection, you click the button that says "my pets" instead of "trade". If you want it to be more obvious, you can link to your favorite folders in your signature or even in your trade rules section.

If someone clicks on the "trade" button, they expect to be able to trade.

Eatha wrote:that is what display means.
if you went to a museum and saw something that was ''display only do not touch'', its a museum, its on DISPLAY, it wouldn't be a display if it was locked away.

We're not going to a museum. We're going to a grocery store expecting to buy and trade things only to find museum signs up all over the fruit.
If I want to go to a museum and look through people's pets, I know where to go. I'm sure others do too.
This does nothing but encourage unwanted behavior. Trade button should be for trade pets, not showcasing.
Last edited by Shian on Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:01 pm

I’d love to see a poll go up for this asking if people are for or against this suggestion. =)
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tremolite » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:23 pm

no support. (unless you can toggle them on or off)

i understand that people want to show off their pets, but the entire point of trading is just that: trading. i dont click on someone to trade to look at their collections or showcases, i click on them to trade. i dont want click on someone to trade, only to have tons of dreamies and rare pets shoved in my face that i cant offer on because they're a display group. if they aren't for trade, then they shouldn't show up when i click on you to trade. as for them not showing up in the wishlist tab:

i have a lot of trouble noticing small details and my attention is drawn to the pets, not the group names/if they're for trade or not. ive been through the archives like three times and im still finding pets i somehow missed, so i like to look through people's groups to see if there are any pets that id like to offer for that aren't on my wl. i don't know if id be able to notice that the group im on is a display group until ive went through tons of pages of pets and i've found something i really like. (this could just be a me problem but im. pretty sure it isnt.)
tremolite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypnowave » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:03 pm

no support for reasons mentioned above; unless i can toggle viewing "display only" groups, i wouldn't like to see this implemented, though then i wonder how many people would actually prefer to see those groups. and in my opinion, this really only benefits people looking to show off their pets but makes it hard for traders who want to bargain with you, if that makes sense? especially considering the existence of showcase forums and trading rules themselves :0c
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gloo Soda » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:10 pm

No support here...mostly.

If someone looks at your pets by either clicking your signature or by looking at your collection thread, they are admiring your collection because they are genuinely curious about it and want to see it.

If someone accesses your trade center, they usually do not want to see your display pets, they want to see the pets you have available for trade. I get the general idea of displaying your pets here, but they're almost always going to go ignored by potential trade partners. They're not going to get the love and appreciation that you want them to get. This is already an issue with normal NFT groups, and I can't see this (without an exception, will explain in a bit) working out any different.

Simply making these display pets not show up under the wishlist filter is not entirely helpful. Many players, myself included, frequently trade off-wishlist. Having to sift through NFT pets is still going to be an issue for some.

However, I feel like making this optional could actually be a good compromise between players who want to display their pets in this way and players who just want to see what's up for trade. I stated that trade partners USUALLY don't want to see display pets for a reason; that's what usually happens, but isn't the case 100% of the time. There are still some players curious enough about your collection to take the time to admire it. So why not make it something we can toggle on and off, so that we can choose whether or not we want to see display pets? It lets both kinds of trade partners have their way.

That's just my thoughts on a compromise though. I know at that point it's similar to locking, but it at least gives an option for players to still have a showcase group. Closest thing we have to making everyone happy, I suppose.

Trades

Gloo Soda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ''Display only'' Group Option (POLL)

Postby Liliette » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:54 am

Does the poll include the suggestion of people having a option to toggle on/off display pets?
Liliette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby [kat] » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:13 am

I support this. I hate it when I go to check if someone has the pets on my WL that I'm looking for, only to see that they're labelled "NFT DO NOT OFFER" or "DISPLAY NFT" or whatever. Those pets not showing up in my WL tab would make trading smoother and more efficient. Especially with the idea of there being a toggle on/off option so that serious traders never have to worry about it, and people with showcases still get the chance to show stuff off, without getting unwanted offers on their pets.

What everyone else on this thread should come to understand is that no matter what, display groups will ALWAYS be in trading centers. This is a way for those of you who hate them to actually prevent seeing them altogether, so it doesn't quite make sense to me why you don't support it.

Also, I agree with the points that some people have made that people need to utilize their signatures, forums, etc more to show off their pets. This SHOULD be the case, however, it simply isn't going to just work out that way. You can go tell everyone who has a display group to "show it on the forums" instead- most of them won't. This suggestion solves the problem for both sides.

i𝙋𝘼𝙂𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙈𝙍. 𝙈𝙊𝙍𝙍𝙊𝙒. 𝙈𝙍. 𝙏𝙊𝙈 𝙈𝙊𝙍𝙍𝙊𝙒.
───────────────────────────────────────

██ Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower, ██
──────────────────────────────────────
✧ 𝙏𝙊 𝘾𝙊𝙉𝙁𝙄𝙍𝙈 𝙔𝙊𝙐𝙍 𝙁𝙇𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏 𝙏𝙊 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙈𝙊𝙊𝙉. ✧
-─────────────────Image──────────────────-

[kat]

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mitts » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:07 am

support!

" what a big, repulsive, and beautiful planet this is "
    mitts | it/its | artist + procrastinator | pfp by me
    barely active, credit sweetens with th
mitts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups