C$ Bank!

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Support? owo

Yes!
83%
No...
8%
Not sure!
8%

Total votes : 241

Re: C$ Bank!

Postby Mythz » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:02 pm

Bump!

x
      feel free to call me myt - australian - she/her
      dm me if you need anything! i'm super forgetful,
      so don't be afraid to dm me if you think i may
      have forgotten something <3
      toyhouse | da | Mythz#9104

Mythz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jellyphants » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:15 am

no support
    maybe i'm biased or something cause i rarely have c$ but like... why dont you.... just not buy anything with it if you want to save it????
jellyphants

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby nickjr » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:38 am

dedenne! wrote:
    no support
    maybe i'm biased or something cause i rarely have c$ but like... why dont you.... just not buy anything with it if you want to save it????

Because it's just sitting there in bold font, taunting you, and it's also in the exact same format as when you get a new trade or a new PM or a new Oekaki notification

(also I keep forgetting to block out my amount of C$ when I post a screenshot that includes that part of the page, and I've only dropped $20 on CS; our more regular donators who want to save for something would probably be hounded real bad if they forgot to block out their amount of C$ in a screenshot)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jellyphants » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:29 am

nickjr wrote:
dedenne! wrote:
    no support

Because it's just sitting there in bold font, taunting you, and it's also in the exact same format as when you get a new trade or a new PM or a new Oekaki notification

(also I keep forgetting to block out my amount of C$ when I post a screenshot that includes that part of the page, and I've only dropped $20 on CS; our more regular donators who want to save for something would probably be hounded real bad if they forgot to block out their amount of C$ in a screenshot)

i've had to save up c$ before and i wasn't at all tempted to go running about spending it on random stuff. y'all got no self-control
jellyphants

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby nickjr » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:37 am

dedenne! wrote:
nickjr wrote:
dedenne! wrote:
    no support

i've had to save up c$ before and i wasn't at all tempted to go running about spending it on random stuff. y'all got no self-control

I wonder if there's a difference in the mentality of spending money depending on where you are. I know for a fact that my habits of spending in-game currency (currency already obtained, like C$, NOT the actual purchasing of currency with real money) are different from my spending habits IRL: If I don't spend currency in multiplayer games, then I'm falling behind (I learned this the hard way over 10+ years), and that's really different from real life where that's not the case at all beyond buying life's necessities. While CS isn't really a game (it's an adoptables site), it can easily be considered a game, so...

But this is just me. I wonder if it's not just me. Maybe someone's done a research paper on this. Or maybe someone should do one. -strokes chin-
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blueberry » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:47 am

Support! This would be so helpful! Flight Rising has a vault where you can store items and treasure. One time I stored over 200,000 treasure in there and completely forgot about it until months later. Having a bank would also assist with self-control and impulse problems.

“If you can’t see it, it’s not really there.” - My goldfish mind.

Blueberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:59 pm

Nox. wrote:
    Support! This would be so helpful! Flight Rising has a vault where you can store items and treasure. One time I stored over 200,000 treasure in there and completely forgot about it until months later. Having a bank would also assist with self-control and impulse problems.

“If you can’t see it, it’s not really there.” - My goldfish mind.

My mom believes in the saying "Out of sight, out of mind" and while it might be true for her partly because she believes in it, I think it really is true for a lot of things, including money/currency.

The admins already offer an option to help people with poor impulse control from spending too much, so I think a bank isn't too bad conceptually--helps the more average person with their impulse control

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AnimalAtHeart » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:40 am

I support a bank feature! Personally I think it would be helpful, as last time I held a competition on cs, part of the prize was c$ and it was very hard not to spend it, when it was sitting there showing me I had it, when it was actually unavailable.

Also. as much as I would like to have an interest feature, I can’t see that part ever happening, since it has been stated many times that there will NEVER be a free way to get c$, someone has to pay for it to be in existence
not very active anymore...
Gryph/Cricket/Ammie | they/them
you can pm me, but it may take me a while to get back to you
toyhouse | tumblr | artfight
AnimalAtHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythz » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Thank you for all the support! I will add peoples ideas to the front once I get a chance c:

x
      feel free to call me myt - australian - she/her
      dm me if you need anything! i'm super forgetful,
      so don't be afraid to dm me if you think i may
      have forgotten something <3
      toyhouse | da | Mythz#9104

Mythz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rocoboq » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:34 am

i absolutely support this! i support for many of the reasons already stated, but also because it could help younger users learn more about how banking works, how to save money, and the benefits of using these types of systems in the real world.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the biggest nerd
working a lot
adult player

──── istp ────
newbie guide
important links
adopt a newbie
help ticket

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rocoboq

My pets