[suggestion] make it so you can see your followers

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

[suggestion] make it so you can see your followers

Postby jellyphants » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:10 am

a simple suggestion, a place where you can go to see all the people who follow you on oekaki. maybe it wouldnt even show their usernames, just how many you have.
jellyphants

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [suggestion] make it so you can see your followers

Postby Aaron✦ » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:05 am

No support - I would assume the reason this wasn't implemented to start with is because there have always been concerns raised about the oekaki becoming a popularity contest whenever followers/subscribers for the oekaki has been brought up. I can't speak for the admins but in my opinion making follower numbers public would incentivize some users/artists being viewed as superior to others, which isn't really in line with the atmosphere of CS. (:

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jellyphants » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:15 am

ah, that's a shame! i originally suggested this because i've seen at least one person make a "followers?" oekaki post and get no replies and i thought it'd be a bit better if they could check if they had any privately so they didn't feel like they were being laughed at or something.
jellyphants

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:37 am

rockruff wrote:
    No support - I would assume the reason this wasn't implemented to start with is because there have always been concerns raised about the oekaki becoming a popularity contest whenever followers/subscribers for the oekaki has been brought up. I can't speak for the admins but in my opinion making follower numbers public would incentivize some users/artists being viewed as superior to others, which isn't really in line with the atmosphere of CS. (:

Agreed, because I feel art should be just be done for fun; not for fame! C:

Plus I love having not knowing how many followers I have, and that's why I prefer drawing and uploading on here rather than other art sites c:
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acadicus » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:06 am

this would have both pros and cons - like you said, it would be nice to be able to see who follows you/how many follow you without needing to make a public post. but i agree with irisid, it might become a big "subscriber" battle - kind of like youtube - and that's not really what we want cs to become c: just my thoughts!
acadicus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me