old store pets event suggestion!

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

old store pets event suggestion!

Postby mirta000 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:31 pm

Chicken smoothie has now been running for over 10 years. While old pets get shuffled into the December 18th baby group, I think it would highly help new people to select a year and put those old store pets back on sale for one day a year. To not impact their rarity it could be a limited number if need-be (this set is on for the first 50 buys, then it will rotate to the next set that year, etc).

Website would probably benefit with more sales on Chicken Smoothie dollars and more people would have a chance at old store pets. So this is my suggestion.
mirta000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: old store pets event suggestion!

Postby *JACKAL* » Thu May 16, 2019 4:09 am

It wouldn't work like this. People bulk buy store pets for paperclips, and some hoards. A limited amount would still leave out a lot of users that have no money or have to save up.
While I like a re release on store pets, I don't think this would work, or would ever happen anyway.

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌

▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█

Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
*JACKAL*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mirta000 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:13 am

*JACKAL* wrote:It wouldn't work like this. People bulk buy store pets for paperclips, and some hoards. A limited amount would still leave out a lot of users that have no money or have to save up.
While I like a re release on store pets, I don't think this would work, or would ever happen anyway.

you could always limit to one purchase per user :/
I honestly feel like anything would be better than what we have right now, of ever increasing amount of pets relying on Dec 18th only.
mirta000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keir; » Thu May 16, 2019 8:55 am

Staff has already said that store pets will never be released again in any way, it wouldn't be fair to the people who bought them previously knowing they wouldn't be re-released. FAQ - Common Site Suggestions;
    Declined Suggestions wrote:
  • Re-release store pets: Store pets are sold with the knowledge that they will be retired and never made available again. It would not be fair to re-release them.
║███
║███
║███
─────────
keir - he/him
coding shop
─────────

───┐
ImageImage
███║
███║
███║

███████████
═══════════

─────────────────
hmu if you wanna co-op in
genshin! (NA server, AR 60)
always down to help with
anything, or join just for fun!
─────────────────

███████
──────────
fandoms: svt
ateez, love nikki
genshin, bsd
──────────
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┌───────┐
- 𝐿𝓎𝓃𝑒𝓎​
└───────┘
Keir;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby mirta000 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:06 am

Prince Keirden wrote:
    Staff has already said that store pets will never be released again in any way, it wouldn't be fair to the people who bought them previously knowing they wouldn't be re-released. FAQ - Common Site Suggestions;
    Declined Suggestions wrote:
  • Re-release store pets: Store pets are sold with the knowledge that they will be retired and never made available again. It would not be fair to re-release them.

So the site is aware that after a while no-one will have the ability to have a full pet collection, making the site rather moot? All it requires is for accounts with 2009 store pets to never trade them and there you go, any new user is now blocked from ever sporting a pet collection.

edit: submitted a question in private directly to admins. However if my assumptions are correct, then I believe that site should have that stickied somewhere, as being unable to complete the full collection does make the collecting site rather moot considering other sites out there.
mirta000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keir; » Thu May 16, 2019 9:47 am

Tess has said from the very beginning of the store that store pets should not be considered part of a complete collection, here's a post from all the way back in 2009 saying so;
    Tess wrote:I can understand people who don't like the store, but to maintain a site of this size the extra revenue is necessary to pay for server costs.

In future, pets in the store will cost less. I can't reduce the prices now, because it would be unfair to people who have already paid for Cerebus etc, but I will put cheaper pets in there next time. I hadn't really done the math when I was setting the prices :( please accept my apologies on this.

For those who are intent on completing your collection: if I were you, I would view the shop pets as a seperate collection from the free pets. We purposefully refuse to sell old rare pets like sun dogs/zebras etc in the CS store, because that would create an unfair advantage on those who could just pay to complete their collections. The store pets will always be different to free pets, so that there is no overlap. You can find someone to trade with if you really want one, but try not to be upset if you never have them. They're part of a seperate collection. I believe a complete collection of CS pets does not include anything from the store, those are just bonus pets or items for people who continue to support our speedy new server.

║███
║███
║███
─────────
keir - he/him
coding shop
─────────

───┐
ImageImage
███║
███║
███║

███████████
═══════════

─────────────────
hmu if you wanna co-op in
genshin! (NA server, AR 60)
always down to help with
anything, or join just for fun!
─────────────────

███████
──────────
fandoms: svt
ateez, love nikki
genshin, bsd
──────────
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┌───────┐
- 𝐿𝓎𝓃𝑒𝓎​
└───────┘
Keir;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Thu May 16, 2019 9:53 am

If the only possible way to play CS was to work on achieving a full collection, we would have no way to have any very rare or OMG so rare pets, as by definition there is less than one pet per each active user. However, while CS is in a lot of way a collection site, you can collect any way you want. Hoard 25,000 of the same pet? Only collect one of each cat? Only keep blue pets? Keep a complete collection of pets released only after the day you joined? Whatever you want, you can try to achieve, not just a complete collection, even of just the "free" pets.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mirta000 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:56 am

Lacuna wrote:
    If the only possible way to play CS was to work on achieving a full collection, we would have no way to have any very rare or OMG so rare pets, as by definition there is less than one pet per each active user. However, while CS is in a lot of way a collection site, you can collect any way you want. Hoard 25,000 of the same pet? Only collect one of each cat? Only keep blue pets? Keep a complete collection of pets released only after the day you joined? Whatever you want, you can try to achieve, not just a complete collection, even of just the "free" pets.

So would you consider releasing a statement that's pinned that a full pet collection is in fact now impossible, so that new users do not feel tricked into using the site? I know I would most definitely not have stuck around here if I knew this before today.
mirta000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Thu May 16, 2019 10:01 am

I wouldn't say it's impossible, and we do not promise that it is possible regardless, so no. The blurb on the home page of the site simply says you can join, adopt free pets, and enjoy them along with our forums, art program, and other features. I think most users of any similar site are aware that some items in a collection are incredibly hard to acquire, otherwise there would be no thrill or achievement in collecting. Joining a site that has been around for 10+ years and expecting a complete collection of everything that has ever been released to be attainable in a short amount of time is just unrealistic. I wouldn't say there are any pets or items (excluding custom and semi-custom pets and items that are not listed in the archives) that no one is offering for trade in the entire community or that are not available in some way, such as through the Pound and Lost & Found.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Thu May 16, 2019 11:57 am

I agree with Lacuna, and no where does it promote that the point of the site is to get a complete collection. Yes a lot of users aim for that, but I still wouldn't call getting a complete collection 'impossible'. Older users (and others) who do have older store pets will and do trade them. Of course not all of them will, some of them may be aiming for a complete collection too, but you're suggesting that they would never trade them under any circumstance. Some users (like me) don't care about getting a complete collection, and so have no problem trading those pets, others decide to quit, or trade their pets for currency on other sites. Of course its a difficult goal, and as was mentioned, I would still consider a collection complete even if it doesn't include the store pets, because it is reasonable to not try and get those.

Additionally, there are plenty of other sites out there that boast some collection aspects when getting a collection is actually as close to if not entirely impossible. For example, a big site out there, Flight Rising. It has a bestiary that actually tracks all of the familiars you collect, and so a lot of users aim to fill that bestiary and complete it. Except that one of the familiars, the Boolean, was only part of the beta testing, as I recall there were only 50 total, and as such with some being on inactive accounts, etc. a lot of them are inaccessible, and they are so rare at this point its practically impossible to get one (if even possible at all anymore, I don't keep up with FR). My point is, even if a site has collection-type aspects, it doesn't guarantee you can get a full collection, if that is you're aim, you are always free to ask on the site before you get deep into collecting to find out if its viable, and how difficult. There are a lot of sites that make it way more difficult than CS does.

All said, I actually really like how CS approaches the 'full collection' aspect, when store pets were first released the admin came out and said 'you don't need to consider these for a full collection', and just from a business side thats something that can drop your sales, but it shows that CS cares more about the users than making money. Not only that, but all non-store rare+ pets are part of a yearly re-release so the pets don't ever get so rare that getting them is impossible. Making it that much easier to aim for a full collection, a lot of collection sites don't bother with that, it just becomes more and more impossible to get the older things over time. CS actually puts a lot of effort into making a full collection a viable goal for users.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me