Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option. POLL ADDED

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support?

Yes
13%
No
14%
I'd prefer it being changed to "transfer to pound"
70%
Neutral
3%

Total votes : 1038

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby spencer » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:09 am

support!
spencer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TyrannosaurusWreck » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:52 am

agree with this
sure, rare pets are re-released on christmas.. but what about old uncommons? those arent ever re-released unless they become rare. plus, people value true dates far more than the re-release
╔═══════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════╝

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxhi, im red. im an idiot
xxxxwhos just trying their best.
xxxi like video games, drawing,
xxxxxxxand gifting people.
xxxinsects deserve more love
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxImageImage
xxxxxxxxxx
x i want to be a paleontologist
x when i grow up! my dreamies
xxx are: UR flower, UR bee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
TyrannosaurusWreck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noraku. » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:40 am

support.

would rather mass-trade pets to the pound then spend hours deleting them.

if i ever would delete them. which would be never.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
``one day, i'll
leave you behind!``

➤ call me roku or merit!
➤ she/her and they/them
➤ pisces!
➤ probably obsessed with
blue exorcist, the rising
of the shield hero,
the disastrous life of
saiki k and pokemon!
➤ pms are always open!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Noraku.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby みりん〇°• » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:46 am

Obius wrote:You guys assume there would never be more after deletion when Christmas assures there will always be more. With the exception of certain pets, they will always be obtainable in some way. Deletion will not deny you those pets. And since store pets are paid for, you should be able to do what you wish with your purchase. Its your money. Not someone elses. Besides the staff can easily reissue a pet removed by "hacking". They have done it before.

This brings us to the point of it. If deleting does not remove enough to cause harm, why even have it? Well tbh its not entirely pointless. It has a few good uses. One of the biggest that many forget is this one.

If the artist was shown to be into something deplorable, or has a dark message you highly object to, would it not make sense to have the power to remove that art that conflicts with your views? Say an artist secretly made a hateful pet. It does not look hateful on the onset. But the pet, to its creator, has that meaning to them. If they decided to spill the beans years later, and the team decided not to remove it or change it, wouldn't you want to? This especially if you were hurt by this in the past. I am pretty sure you would not want to share this message with anyone and would happily delete it.

Or maybe you are afraid of something. You know that other people are afraid of such things, and rather not see that again because it is a "trigger" design. A pet designed to exploit a natural fear reaction that protects us. Would you not want to delete it instead pf share something that really bothers you?

There are more extreme and wrong scenarios. But I can't say it all cause its a kids site. The point is not every objectionable design will be changed if we suddenly all find out about it. You may be the minority and the team does not agree with the view. Even if the issue is not IN the pet, the artist could have done something IRL that you object to. And you don't wish to support the artist by sharing it. Would you not wish to delete it?

Its why I think delete should stay. It may be pointless by today's standards. But it may not be in certain scenarios. Plus it may actually help pets be more valued that are highly underappreciated. So I stand by my earlier stance that it should remain.

I’ve thought of all this too (January-February 2019)! I’ve never deleted a pet before, but should situation comes when a pet discriminates my beliefs, I will not trade it away for that would show support of the artist. I will delete it, and I will l e a v e CS if the situation is dire enough. And I shall never return, never to speak of CS again unless it is completely necessary. The lives of my CS pets are important, but the conservation of what’s right in this world is brighter than a thousand sun jewels and more.
Image☙豆 豆 龍 ~ ꪻ ꪮ ꪻ ꪮ ᥅ ꪮ ~ ド ド ロ❧
ImageImageImageClick for ♫
みりん〇°•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vinyet » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:13 am

Support! There are more advantages than disadvantages if this option gets removed!
My current goal is to collect all chickens on the site! :D

Vinyet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoMoYA » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:03 pm

What the heck?? I didn’t even know that was a thing. The only reason I can think someone would want to delete a pet would be for a rarity change project. I have to agree with this suggestion. Lots of you are saying that some pets may have evil or hurtful meaning or messages. Chicken Smoothie is a teen game. It’s made for people 13-18 years old (I assume from its nature, please correct me if I’m wrong). Do you really think that Tess would hire someone that makes hurtful or bad pets for an under 18 aimed game? Tess carefully selects the staff. She only picks people that she trusts to do a good job. Hateful pets isn’t exactly a good job. Personally, I know of no instances that this has happened before. I’m not saying it’s never happened, just that I’ve never heard of that happening. Then again, perhaps the pet was not made in an evil, hurtful, or harmful way, it’s just memories or triggers of your own that cause you to interpret it that way? That’s not Chicken Smoothie’s fault.
。⋆🎀⋆。
🪦🕊️
。⋆🎀⋆。
˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ ˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ ˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ
Art Fight ♡ Thoma irl

MoMoYA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BoopoThyDrago » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:13 am

I have to say that I would like for you to have my support, but you do not. As I play mobile, I have clicked delete this pet (not on purpose, it is just under the add items to this pet) and it os hard to delete it. It isn't as simple as one click and it is deleted. You have to conform you want to delete it.
Find The Culprit! wrote:BoopoThyDrago dropped their ice cream on the ground and reasonably has been pretty down about it since.

fika. wrote:
      banned for dropping the ice cream ya silly billy

Please click my pokemon! Image
ImageImageImage
Other Sites: FR
BoopoThyDrago

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mystical-maniac » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:03 pm

even if a artist made a offensive pet it would still probably have to be checked by another artist or mod or something and they would stop it from being made, i don't know exactly how it works but i am sure someone looks over the pets before they are sent out.
also if it makes you upset or sad because of personal reasons you could trade of gift it away. i support this.

"boring artist™"

links
-instagram
-toyhouse
-artfight
-sig art base
Feel free to PM me for any reason!
mystical-maniac

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kazooo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:35 am

I support
Kazooo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BraveEguana » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:16 am

Full support from me. I often almost misclick.
┌─────♡─────┐
ImageImageImage
└─────♡─────┘
♡German ♡ENFJ ♡Gamer ♡Artist ♡Writer
Image ♡ ♡ ♡ Image ♡ ♡ ♡ Image
“Never give up on anyone. And that includes not giving up on yourself.”
~ Dieter F. Uchtdorf
BraveEguana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery