Idea to add another rarity between VR & OMGSR? (Poll added)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you think there should be another rarity between VR & OMGSR?

Yes
63%
No
27%
Don't know but I wanted to vote
10%

Total votes : 871

Re: Idea to add another rarity between VR & OMGSR? (Poll add

Postby ElementalInsanity » Thu May 09, 2019 11:00 am

Up
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inactive User 1 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:27 am

I do think there should be more tweaks to rarities. The new system helps for sure, but it still doesn't stop the VR problem.

If you don't think there is one, let me explain. Take these two pets I have as an example:

ImageImage

The first is the Black Advent, from Christmas 2008.
The second is a store pet from early 2019.

They are both VR, but nobody would agree they have the same level of rarity in what you can actually find out there. I can find plenty of players with these recent store pets; some richer players have even stocked up on them for later trading. But I don't really see BAs around - and I don't mean in a trading sense, I mean in general.

This is why, as much as I hate the Rares List, I do get and agree with what it was aiming for. Not the demand part or what's in circulation or any of that, but understanding what is rarer and what is more common in a literal sense. Because there are too few labels right now that some pets are forced into one or the other, when in reality they don't belong there at all. (Take OMGSR rats for example, would any of you say they are as rare as the UR Tiger? I don't believe that to be so.)

The BA shouldn't be VR, it's too rare to be that. But it certainly can't be considered OMGSR - it isnt rare enough to be that. So I do think it would be good for there to be a rarity label in between the two. Perhaps it could be a maroon color, a mix of red and purple.

I don't think there should be multiple new rarities added though. If there's too many it could easily muddle things up. OMGSC to uncommon shouldn't be fiddled with in my opinion, but the higher levels need adjusting still. As for a label after OMGSR, I'm back and forth on that one, as it may make those pets to be ultimately elite and cause people to look at OMGSR with less importance. And there would be, what, three pets in that group? UR Tiger and the Skelebun and that's pretty much it lol.

Just my two cents on the issue.

------------------
TLDR; I support.
Inactive User 1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rocoboq » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:04 pm

i definitely support this, but wouldn't be too disappointed if it wasn't implemented. the gap between the standards for vr and omgsr is huge, meaning it can at times be difficult to gauge the true value of a vr pet.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the biggest nerd
working a lot
adult player

──── istp ────
newbie guide
important links
adopt a newbie
help ticket

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rocoboq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XxFlamepoolxX » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:10 pm

I think what would fix most of the problem is giving store pets their own rarity. That or stop giving them the very rare label because they certainly are not. If anything, they are uncommon or MAYBE rare. It also makes trading for them super hard because people get greedy and want so much for even the recent ones.
Image Image

GRAB BAGS & RARES FOR C$

Selling TH characters HERE
XxFlamepoolxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Phantom » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:00 pm

XxFlamepoolxX wrote:I think what would fix most of the problem is giving store pets their own rarity. That or stop giving them the very rare label because they certainly are not. If anything, they are uncommon or MAYBE rare. It also makes trading for them super hard because people get greedy and want so much for even the recent ones.

they are a very rare, because they are in fact very rare when compared to other pets, especially as they require store currency to get and are no rereleased ever. Giving them their own rarity label would ruin the system as no one would know where they fit into when it comes to trading. there are store pets that have been bought so much that they turned rare.

support for a new rarity between vr and omgsr
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rocoboq » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:50 am

XxFlamepoolxX wrote:I think what would fix most of the problem is giving store pets their own rarity. That or stop giving them the very rare label because they certainly are not. If anything, they are uncommon or MAYBE rare. It also makes trading for them super hard because people get greedy and want so much for even the recent ones.

store pets are not given the rarity "very rare" by default; in fact, there are some store pets that are only "rare." they follow the same rarity system as regular pets and are rarer because they essentially cost real money, meaning fewer people will adopt them. i don't think giving them their own rarity would help much; they're already worth more/easily identifiable by the "c$" label on the pet design.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the biggest nerd
working a lot
adult player

──── istp ────
newbie guide
important links
adopt a newbie
help ticket

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rocoboq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Lion Queen » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:23 am

i mean, it is true that very rare has a wayyyy bigger gap than the other rares, but I feel like the rarity system is so well defined by now that splitting up a category would be a much bigger hassle than ideal

also on a personal level I prefer the evenly split rarity systems but eh
previously alexterri
The Lion Queen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bostonlobstah » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:47 am

I don’t have a super strong opinion on this, but I do support.
Also I have an idea for a name for the new tier. What if the middle tier was called “OMG so rare” and the current OMG was renamed to “Legendary” or something. Although that just might be more confusing
bostonlobstah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acadicus » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:28 am

i feel like there's sometimes such a big gap between vr and omgsr it gets confusing what is worth what, so support!
acadicus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Idea to add another rarity between VR & OMGSR?

Postby Lex. » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:32 pm

Pyromaniacal wrote:
    Going to post this on this thread, let me know if I should move it~

Support from me. While yes, it would disrupt the current balance of rarities, I doubt a change in this particular area would invite changes in the others - while each rarity does have a range, of course, there is a much larger range covered by VR's (for example, 2016 store pet vs a Main List VR) than the other rarities, where the largest gap I can probably think of at the moment is a recent rare vs a 2008 rare. While yes, the latter is certainly a large gap, it's not nearly the size of the VR gap.

Another solution that wouldn't disrupt the current rarities as much could be to expand the OMGSR category to include more of the rarest VRs, but this could also be more trouble than it's worth as users assume the new OMGSR's are worth as much as the old ones. And while we could just stick with date, there is enough hassle between rereleases and the lists and such that it would probably be useful to have some more distinction, especially for users who have less experience with the lists who find themselves with some of the much rarer pets in circulation. I would definitely not want to be a person who, as an example, trades their UR Ice Cat unknowingly for one of the store llamas from 2013.

Agree! It help with list trading so much!
☮ lex | it/its | lover of lions | 10/21 ☮
kalons trades [mirage (1987) album]
“Good times are ahead! Or behind.
Because they sure aren't here.”

- garfield
Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups