Suggestion: Trade Autocancel Warnings

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you like this idea?

It's horrible
1%
The pop-ups might me annoying
7%
It could be nice sometimes
10%
This would be quite nice
37%
OMG I NEED THIS!!!!!
44%

Total votes : 672

Re: Suggestion: Trade autocancel warnings (300+ Supporters!)

Postby Aliria » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:40 am

Bump!
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Just Remove Autocancel Entirely

Postby LadyoftheGeneral » Tue May 19, 2020 3:22 pm

I was about to make my own post about it, but I’m going to put that here instead, as the mods are already aware of this post and thread, and I don’t want to clog up the forum.

One major thing I’ve noticed that a LOT of other users have complained about in my experience, from the point of view of the person requesting the trade and not the trade acceptor, is the autocancel feature. So you’ve got support from the other side of the trade too!
The majority of my experience with it comes from CS Free Adoptions posts, which are very normally run on a ‘First come first serve’ rule. The issue with autocancel is that as soon as one pet in your trade so much as moves a folder, never mind gets traded away, your entire trade is autocanceled and you have to re-send, losing your place in queue and potentially missing out on the pets you requested for someone who sent their trade after you. (And as it’s Free Adoptions, it’s pretty rude to complain about that to the person kind enough to give you free pets, but that doesn’t stop it from feeling unfair and VERY frustrating, and you’ve indicated that it’s equally frustrating for the person who accepts one trade and has a billion others autocancel)

To the Chicken Smoothie moderators: Is it at all possible, within the game’s coding, to either implement their suggestion about sending a warning when you go to accept a trade, or potentially make it so that instead of autocanceling a trade when one pet is moved or traded away, the person going to accept the trade will simply get an error message pointing out that one of the pets has moved, like, “One or more of the pets in this trade has been moved or deleted. Send the trade without those pets?” And from there, you would have the option to just send anyway, minus the pets already gone, or modify the trade. This is something Flight Rising does; it notifies you that a trade is missing something if you try to accept it and a dragon or an item is already gone, and requires you to fix the issue before proceeding. If Chicken Smoothie could implement this, the only time an autocancel would be needed would be if there wasn’t a single pet left in someone’s trade.
However, I know coding is not easy by any means (I’ve tried. Big yikes.) and Chicken Smoothie, if I’m right, runs on older code that isn’t always easy to update at such a magnitude as removing/completely revamping the autocancel feature. But I wanted to bring it up as a suggestion, because I know that the whole goal of Free Adoptions and Trades and Swaps is to share pets with people who may not have them, and after having autocancel hit you for the fifth time in a row from one single person, you start to not even want to bother trying. That was a big part of the reason I, personally, veered away from Chicken Smoothie in 2017 and didn’t come back until now; the autocancel feature was getting beyond annoying, it was straight-up killing my interest in playing at all by making it hard even to get trades from friends, just because people reorganized their pets or because adoption groups traded one single pet away, someone else loses out on 15 holy grails they were trying to achieve, and someone trying to get people those wishlist pets out of their own generosity now has a bajillion canceled trades. Of course they wouldn’t want to comb through all the autocancels to resend those trades with the remaining pets, and figure out which comes first, but it’s just not fair on all ends. Autocancel...kind of needs to go, just in general. Removing it and implementing the reactive rather than proactive ‘hey! One of the pets this person wanted is gone, please edit the trade to remove that pet and send it back’ would work so much better.
So many of my pets were given to me by dear friends, and by other wonderful generous people! Thank you!

Greenie, 2/23/15-2/5/20
My sweetest little baby boy, I will love you forever. Goodnight, little man.

If you cancel trades YOU SENT without explanation as to what you didn't like about my end I will cancel all future trades you send. It's immensely discourteous, especially when you are the one who asked for the trade in the first place. I will always explain my reasoning if I cancel a trade. If you can't be bothered to do the same, don't trade with me.
LadyoftheGeneral

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion: Trade Autocancel Warnings

Postby veria » Fri May 22, 2020 3:44 pm

I would love this!! Much support!
| 𝕤𝕙𝕖/𝕙𝕖𝕣 |
veria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby raditz » Fri May 22, 2020 3:46 pm

god, i absolutely hate it when a trade gets auto'ed because i wasn't careful enough ;;
that's why i keep pets in a trade, in a separate group.
but i love this idea
bazookajoey is my toyhouse for this site
raditz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed May 27, 2020 3:19 pm

-squints- Apparently I haven't already commented with my support? At least I already voted in the poll lol Support!
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurora Storm » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:08 pm

Support!
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BabbyLou » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:53 am

Support! I hate when trades auto cancel.
x[ ]
x[ ]
x[ ]
You have me.
Until every last star in the universe dies.
You have me.
x
BabbyLou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sardine » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:54 am

support

x
╔───────────────────────────╗

xxxxxxxxxxxFollowing ✓
fish guy

win C$500 + OMGSRs (every entry gets rares)
USD commissions open. black lives matter
11:32AM - Jun 26 2012
xxxxxx xxxxxxx

╚───────────────────────────╝
sardine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me