CS Stamp suggestions/requests (please put ALL ideas here)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: CS Stamp suggestions/requests (please put ALL ideas here

Postby oliver, » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:43 am

I was going to start this thread! hah! nice thinking tess. maybe a I <3 art stamp?
┏ ━ ━ ┓

so i'm bac
k, after a
a while si
g inspired
by
Canada
love yall

┗ ━ ━ ┛
❁-❁-❁-❁-❁-❁-❁
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
Image Image Image Image Image

━ ━
'ello names
oliver, plea
se call me o
lly though. i
code. (i'm ki
nda awkward)
but your too
cute!

━ ━

░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
oliver,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:00 pm

kurloz wrote:
ShadoWolf0913 wrote:
kurloz wrote:Spiders may be a problem because there are people who are terrified of spiders and I do know someone who gets panicked by close up images of insects/arachnids. ^^;

That could be true for anything; some people are terrified of dogs. ^^' We have real bug/spider photos in the collection already, not to mention all the spider pets.

People generally aren't afraid of the way dogs look as opposed to spiders. I don't collect the cs bugs/insects as it is, but I can tolerate them because they're more cartoon-like. However, my friend and I really don't like looking at spiders and I'm sure I could speak for her and others if I said we'd be very uncomfortable by seeing spiders up close.
If it were pictures of cs spiders, that'd be OK, but real spiders... no thank you.

I don't think that's really a good reason to just not make spider stamps, though. I am sorry if you and your friend don't want to see them, but we have to consider the CS community as a whole, and from what I've seen, many people want stamps for spiders, bugs, bats, and other animals that can be creepy to other people. I don't see how it's right to discriminate against an entire family of animals on the basis that some people might not like them. Then how would the people who love, love, love those animals feel, or for that matter, the animals themselves (if they could understand?) ^^' Animals are animals, and if we can include one kind, we should be including them all. But anyway, seeing as we already have spider and bug photo stamps and they don't seem to be causing a huge problem with most people here, I don't feel it's something worth arguing.

To make another, little suggestion, how about an "I love randomness!" stamp? Among the people I've talked to on CS, that seems to be a common characteristic. XD It would be pretty funny to see in a stamp collection.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby goneleft » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:49 pm

Loenna wrote:
Blaze_TheCat wrote:Well, my idea was (and I don't know if it is there or not, last time I checked)..
The 'I speak' little flag stamps, maybe you could do one that is 'I speak Gaelic' ? I don't think anyone would really know what it is but it's Irish, and yeah.. you can turn it down or whatever I was just suggesting it because it's the only language I happen to know, and they don't have it.
Anyways, cheers.

I agree with this one! I'd adore celtic ones for the Celtic countries which would be Cornish, Manx Gaelic. Irish Gaelic, Scottish Gaelic, Welsh and Breton! :3 that would mean a lot.

Aha, yes!!
I honestly forgot about those ones, because I was just thinking about the 'I speak Gaelic' flag, and whatever, but yes -- why not consider those also?
Yes, it would mean a lot, I agree. I am very fond of my heritage, and it would be great for other people with the same Celtic/Scottish/Irish etc, things, I feel it woulc be really cool ^_^
goneleft

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roonie-Roe » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:39 pm

ShadoWolf0913 wrote:
kurloz wrote:People generally aren't afraid of the way dogs look as opposed to spiders. I don't collect the cs bugs/insects as it is, but I can tolerate them because they're more cartoon-like. However, my friend and I really don't like looking at spiders and I'm sure I could speak for her and others if I said we'd be very uncomfortable by seeing spiders up close.
If it were pictures of cs spiders, that'd be OK, but real spiders... no thank you.

I don't think that's really a good reason to just not make spider stamps, though. I am sorry if you and your friend don't want to see them, but we have to consider the CS community as a whole, and from what I've seen, many people want stamps for spiders, bugs, bats, and other animals that can be creepy to other people. I don't see how it's right to discriminate against an entire family of animals on the basis that some people might not like them. Then how would the people who love, love, love those animals feel, or for that matter, the animals themselves (if they could understand?) ^^' Animals are animals, and if we can include one kind, we should be including them all. But anyway, seeing as we already have spider and bug photo stamps and they don't seem to be causing a huge problem with most people here, I don't feel it's something worth arguing.

To make another, little suggestion, how about an "I love randomness!" stamp? Among the people I've talked to on CS, that seems to be a common characteristic. XD It would be pretty funny to see in a stamp collection.

I'd have to agree with ShadoWolf. I know there are lots of people out there who have a real fear of spiders or close up/macro photos of them, but at the same time there are many of us who love them and would love to have the option to show our love for them just as much as those who love dogs, wolves, cats, birds, horses, fish, etc. So to only include certain types of animals in favor of other, more "pleasing" ones is kind of unfair I'm afraid.

If you do happen to have a problem with a particular image there are ways to block that image so it doesn't show up for you anymore. Several browsers out there have add-ons and such you can install that will give you the option to block certain images/urls (such as Adblock Plus, which is what I use sometimes for images in people's signatures that flash or move too rapidly and hurt my eyes/give me a headache). There might be other programs out there for that too though. I dunno. Could be something to look into anyway if you really do have a problem with seeing certain photos. ^^;

.~:{}:~.

ImageImageImage

Adult | She/Her, They/Them | Pansexual
Pet/Item Hoarder | Artist
ImageImage Image
[My CS Hoards] [Toyhouse]
[Dragon Cave] [Flight Rising] [Furry Paws]

ImageImageImage
Roonie-Roe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sorryihavequit » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:34 pm

I understand the issue of arachnophobia, as I certainly wouldn't want to see stamps of something I have a fear of. Would it be reasonable to come to a compromise, such as the majority of the spider stamps being CS pets or other cartoonish and generally unrealistic photos, or even just spiderweb stamps? Obviously not ones like my avatar (that will be changed soon), though it would be cool if there were.

Or possibly an option to hide specific stamps automatically?

also because it is 6:34AM and I have not slept yet, a stamp that says "who needs sleep when you have chicken smoothie?"
I've quit.
sorryihavequit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Agent Cooper » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:58 am

still wanting some lgbt+ pride stamps

Maybe some more music related stamps? Like "I like rock music" or "I love rap music" or something like that?
also more deer would be very nice ;3

Also, maybe some otherkin stamps would be cool. I don't really think you need all specific kin types, but just some general otherkin/therian/fictive stamps would be pretty cool.
𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐘 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃

kit - it/itself

ImageImage Image Image Image

Image Image ImageImage Image

𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐁𝐄𝐃 𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓
Agent Cooper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bad2thebonedog » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:55 am

Well here are a few ideas I came up with (sorry if they were already suggested):

•Elements (fire, water, air, earth)
•Celtic knots
•I love neon/glow in the dark
•Night/Day person
•Sports (football, volleyball, etc)
•I love werewolves/vampires/fairies/etc
•military branches or support ribbons
•Going on hiatus
──𝑪𝑶𝑵𝑪𝑬𝑹𝑵𝑬𝑫,
my simas simas credit
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
𝑪𝑨𝑹𝑬 𝑨𝑵𝒀𝑴𝑶𝑹𝑬
────────𝑨𝑩𝑶𝑼𝑻 𝑴𝑬
Just here
for fun.
I work
a lot.
I love
MGK.
────
bad2thebonedog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amy43 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:17 am

A Giant Spider wrote:I understand the issue of arachnophobia, as I certainly wouldn't want to see stamps of something I have a fear of. Would it be reasonable to come to a compromise, such as the majority of the spider stamps being CS pets or other cartoonish and generally unrealistic photos, or even just spiderweb stamps? Obviously not ones like my avatar (that will be changed soon), though it would be cool if there were.

Or possibly an option to hide specific stamps automatically?

also because it is 6:34AM and I have not slept yet, a stamp that says "who needs sleep when you have chicken smoothie?"

I have a major fear of spiders, so I understand why people are against spider stamps. I've always been okay with people having spiders in their profiles, but I can see the potential for other people being more sensitive to it than me.

It's a tough issue since people can be scared of anything, but they probably have to consider what the most common ones are. I think the phobia of spiders is one of the most common ones, so maybe they can have spider stamps, but be selective about which images to choose. I think avoiding face close ups with all of their eyes is probably a good idea, because I have a feeling that's what scares a lot of people. But, everyone's different and some people might tolerate the face pictures better (like me actually), and some people feel uncomfortable with any pictures of them.

I saw the spider stamps we have already, and those in particular didn't bother me, but I respect it if other people didn't like them.

I really like your idea of being able to block specific stamps.
Amy43

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loenna » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:46 am

Blaze_TheCat wrote:
Loenna wrote:
Blaze_TheCat wrote:Well, my idea was (and I don't know if it is there or not, last time I checked)..
The 'I speak' little flag stamps, maybe you could do one that is 'I speak Gaelic' ? I don't think anyone would really know what it is but it's Irish, and yeah.. you can turn it down or whatever I was just suggesting it because it's the only language I happen to know, and they don't have it.
Anyways, cheers.

I agree with this one! I'd adore celtic ones for the Celtic countries which would be Cornish, Manx Gaelic. Irish Gaelic, Scottish Gaelic, Welsh and Breton! :3 that would mean a lot.

Aha, yes!!
I honestly forgot about those ones, because I was just thinking about the 'I speak Gaelic' flag, and whatever, but yes -- why not consider those also?
Yes, it would mean a lot, I agree. I am very fond of my heritage, and it would be great for other people with the same Celtic/Scottish/Irish etc, things, I feel it woulc be really cool ^_^

Same, my family has sent a lot of time promoting Celtic culture over the generations so it would be great to be recognised c:
Loenna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:02 am

It's not a suggestion for a specific stamp, but if it's at all possible, I think it would be really awesome to have a way to save 5 or so stamp configurations so that you could switch between them easily if you wanted to change your stamp theme for season/holidays, etc. I know a lot of people spend a lot of time setting up their stamps so that they look just right, and having a way to save some preset stamp collections would changing them a lot faster and easier. :)
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me