Suggestion - a slight change to rarity bars

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Suggestion - a slight change to rarity bars

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:37 am

UP
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dawnfire5212 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:14 am

nickjr wrote:ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Quick, where's the common?

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Where's the very common?

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I bet you already saw the different one

Sure, you can use the star placement, but since when were all CS pet images the same size?

No disrespect, but I don't support.

Personally, I can spot the differences easily in this. I agree, the colors are similar, but I believe there is enough contrast in the colors, star placement, and words to distinguish the very common from the common. But I also don't sort my pets by rarity, so I suppose my say isn't worth much.
ImageImageImage

Hey, you should check out this CS Discord!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I just started watching Steven Universe and I'm just kjbfkajbKJFBKJABDOAB??? Wowie, this is the first time I've binged a show in years. It's so good? And I just started season two and I've cried so much? I haven't been this emotionally conflicted since...okay I honestly don't even know anymore. This is simply a fantastic show. Even though all the happy-go-lucky parts seem to be over and done with.....hhhhh
Edit: Okay nope wow season three is already gettin me in the feels it's so good man. "H²OMG!" I'm cry oh my goodness.
Dawnfire5212

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:58 am

Just because you can spot it doesn’t mean others don’t have trouble. ^^ some have more trouble distinguishing color than you.
If you read back there’s quite a few people who’ve mentioned the tiny words and star placement aren’t quite enough either. =) not everyone goes by the words and the Star placement imo isn’t enough to notice a difference especially with color so similar.
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erythro » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:04 am

I fully support a change in color. I prefer the images but have to use the text rarity option because I can't differentiate between common and very common. Changing very common to a deeper teal would be the easiest fix for this and shouldn't be too hard.
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:48 am

Bump
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:55 am

Dawnfire5212 wrote:
No disrespect, but I don't support.

Personally, I can spot the differences easily in this. I agree, the colors are similar, but I believe there is enough contrast in the colors, star placement, and words to distinguish the very common from the common. But I also don't sort my pets by rarity, so I suppose my say isn't worth much.

Scroll quickly up and down and just skim over them - do you still see them that easily?
I don't think anybody can argue about vc and c not being very close, despite them having no problems differentiating them. ^^; They are way closer than any other colour used for the bars.
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:04 am

One more point: I use f.lux on my laptop and iOS's Night Shift on my phone (they're better than nothing), so all the colors I see at night on a screen have more blue removed compared to green and red removed.

The main difference between the VC and C colors is the difference in blue level:
VC - 0 red, 169 green, 99 blue
C - 16 red, 182 green, 31 blue
(numbers range from 0 to 255 and obtained using an eyedropper tool on the non-highlight non-shadow parts of the bar)
If the difference in blue level becomes smaller at night while the differences between red and green remain about the same, then... the main difference between VC and C at night is that C is lighter/brighter than VC by a little bit. -sweats profusely-

I don't know how many users on CS are also using some form of blue-remover at night, but I don't think I'm the only one. Especially since some blue-removers are free
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iuaena » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:55 am

nickjr wrote:One more point: I use f.lux on my laptop and iOS's Night Shift on my phone (they're better than nothing), so all the colors I see at night on a screen have more blue removed compared to green and red removed.

The main difference between the VC and C colors is the difference in blue level:
VC - 0 red, 169 green, 99 blue
C - 16 red, 182 green, 31 blue
(numbers range from 0 to 255 and obtained using an eyedropper tool on the non-highlight non-shadow parts of the bar)
If the difference in blue level becomes smaller at night while the differences between red and green remain about the same, then... the main difference between VC and C at night is that C is lighter/brighter than VC by a little bit. -sweats profusely-

I don't know how many users on CS are also using some form of blue-remover at night, but I don't think I'm the only one. Especially since some blue-removers are free

I use blue-remover at all times and yeah, I do find it slightly difficult to distinguish VC and C at times,,
I've tried looking at the rarity bar with and without the blue-remover, but even so it is still a bit hard for me to tell the difference between the two colours especially at a first glance

so i support :D
iuaena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:40 am

Up
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ryuko matoi » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:20 pm

support!
i think a sky blue would fit nicely
i dont personally sort by rarity, but very common and common are very close in color and i can see the confusion
Attachments
rsz_sky_brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlue_full.png
rsz_sky_brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlue_full.png (429 Bytes) Viewed 157 times
ryuko matoi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me