Suggestion: An option to disable messages "from your pet"

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Suggestion: An option to disable messages "from your pet

Postby The Last Raven » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:56 am

Support
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yaeli » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:25 am

What I'm about to write is purely my opinion and how I feel about things. I think a significant amount of people feel this way, though. When I get a message "from my pet," it does not in any way make me feel guilty about trading it away. It is a bunch of pixels, and although I think it's pretty which is why I collect it, I do not feel sorry for it because it is not a real animal. Some people do get guilt-tripped, me personally I just get annoyed. So when I get that message, it is a pure nuisance to have to click on my messages to make it go away and to delete that message.

What I DO feel bad about is that I feel like other players and admin are looking down on me every time I trade a Pound pet. I don't understand why it is supposedly bad to trade a pet you got from the Pound. I don't think the Pound should have an express purpose. It is just there to give people pets, and people should be able to play the game however they want. Players should do whatever makes them happy and is still fair to others, not abide by some imaginary rules that would make sense for real-life pets but are pointless when we're dealing with a bunch of pixels. What makes most players happy is to get the most valuable things from the Pound, even if they don't personally want it, because they can trade it for something they want. It's still fair to others because others will want it and be willing to trade something of theirs for it. I think we need to eliminate the "trading a Pound pet is bad" rule completely. It only limits people and makes them unhappy. It adds no value to the game whatsoever.
Yaeli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberzTale » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:22 pm

Support!
..Image
╔══════════════════════════════╗
xxxx. I'm Ember! lights off
xxxxxxxxxxxI'm a huge fan of the Vampire
xxx Diaries! I love Katherine Pierce!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe/Her - Scorpio
╚══════════════════════════════╝

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
x.emberocsfurry-pawscredit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

EmberzTale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caster. » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:59 pm

Support

I can't block pms from myself as I send myself pms for certain things so. Support support support.
────────── ( ᴡʜᴀᴛ
████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██

She/her, loves trades
PMs are always open
I love making new friends!
─────────── ᴡᴀɴᴛs... )

─────── ( ᴀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ )
█████████
█████████
█████████

╔═══════════════════════════╗
╚═══════════════════════════╝
████
████████
████████
caster.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DragonBane » Thu May 06, 2021 11:17 am

Support.
At least give us a way to disable them that's an actual setting and not having to make a rule which is far more complicated than it should be.
DragonBane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iHolli » Wed May 12, 2021 11:20 pm

{Support. I always felt really guilt tripped when I was younger and got those messages-- even now I still do, so I filter them to delete ssjgkch}
{But I agree with a lot of what others have said. Most of the time, yes, I do pick up Pound pets for me-- that's my favorite rat source. But sometimes I snatch things for fodder if I see them. And like so many pets in my trade groups now, I'm simply not interested in keeping them anymore-- Pound pets included. Why would I want them sitting around my account when I could trade them off to someone who actually does want them?}
{I don't necessarily think the message should be completely deleted! It does encourage people to get things they actually want from the Pound [and I think the majority do]. But an actual option to disable it would be really nice. Honestly I was convinced it used to exist, but it must've been a fever dream xD}
{also didn't realize how old this thread is, whoa.}

.Holli.
iHolli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keith-Kogane » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:59 pm

feathermoth wrote:What I'm about to write is purely my opinion and how I feel about things. I think a significant amount of people feel this way, though. When I get a message "from my pet," it does not in any way make me feel guilty about trading it away. It is a bunch of pixels, and although I think it's pretty which is why I collect it, I do not feel sorry for it because it is not a real animal. Some people do get guilt-tripped, me personally I just get annoyed. So when I get that message, it is a pure nuisance to have to click on my messages to make it go away and to delete that message.

What I DO feel bad about is that I feel like other players and admin are looking down on me every time I trade a Pound pet. I don't understand why it is supposedly bad to trade a pet you got from the Pound. I don't think the Pound should have an express purpose. It is just there to give people pets, and people should be able to play the game however they want. Players should do whatever makes them happy and is still fair to others, not abide by some imaginary rules that would make sense for real-life pets but are pointless when we're dealing with a bunch of pixels. What makes most players happy is to get the most valuable things from the Pound, even if they don't personally want it, because they can trade it for something they want. It's still fair to others because others will want it and be willing to trade something of theirs for it. I think we need to eliminate the "trading a Pound pet is bad" rule completely. It only limits people and makes them unhappy. It adds no value to the game whatsoever.

This right here is perfect.
PLEASE let us disable this! Even with the rule, I get the (1) Message thing popping up and it's irritating and ridiculous.
Keith-Kogane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XxanimewolfgirluwuxX » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:40 am

i think that could be a nice feature
though personally i find them really funny, and i actually like getting them because it feels like such an essential part of chickensmoothie weirdness. I do understand how it could be really annoying though, even if I personally wouldnt turn it off.
~THROW ME TO THE WOLVES AND I'LL RETURN LEADING THE PACK~

XxanimewolfgirluwuxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me