Suggestion: An option to disable messages "from your pet"

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Suggestion: An option to disable messages "from your pet

Postby thepushbacktown » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:03 am

theres a message like that at the pound??? never seen that before in my life dgukhksjf i guess when its open i dont read any of that bc im busy tryna get a pet. yeah tho i dont see y not that should be an optional feature plenty of people on here have hyperempathy too and thats gonna suck
hi!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

>ᚋᚐᚔ ᚒᚒᚓ ᚐᚂᚂ ᚃᚔᚅᚇ ᚚᚓᚐᚉᚓ ᚔᚅ ᚈᚆᚔᚄ ᚂᚔᚃᚓ<
thepushbacktown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabidcoyote » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:32 pm

Support, holy hell, I can't believe this hasn't been added yet. Seems like something that could be implemented over a lunch break and not considered for a decade. Love me some pixel cat gaslighting on a website meant for children.

x
𝕒 𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕕 𝕠𝕗 𝕊𝕒𝕥𝕒𝕟 𝕙𝕚𝕞𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕗

they/them or it/its
hopeless sudoku conoisseur, historical ed teach enthusiast, relentless snake booper

Suggestion: Bring back CS contests

rabidcoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GenericGadget » Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:46 am

rabidcoyote wrote:Love me some pixel cat gaslighting on a website meant for children.

This made me laugh so hard!

But for real though that's entirely what it is.
ImageImageImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
xxxErika Adult She/Her/Any

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
xxxTH Goatlings FR

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlxxxxxxxxxxlxxxxxxx
images are 150px tall
xxxHi! Nice to meet you!
xxxI'm not done coding this yet but I'll finish eventually!
xxxGoing thru it irl rn so I apologize for late responses

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlxxxxxxxxxxlxxxxxxxxxx
GenericGadget

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cats135 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:27 pm

Ok I'm glad I scrolled a bit because I was about to make a post about this. I had typed:

Basically, since my first day on CS, I have been haunted by the "A message from your pet x" pound message when trading them. I have anxious attachment disorder, and seeing those notifications really makes it hard to trade.

I also know it causes spam in the messages, which are limited and need to be deleted regularly anyway which is quite a hassle.

I have seen other people comment on the message feature, and I have seen them put off by it as well for these and other reasons.

Would a possible feature be to toggle that so we could choose to keep it on or not? That way those who do like it can keep it, and those who don't find use can remove it. Anyone else have these quirks with it?

~

I really really really hate the message and have since day 1. I struggle with AAD and this message really makes it a chore to trade, though it also is just messy spam in the message folders.

Would a toggle switch ever be possible? Wouldn't removing this feature make the site run smoother anyway? Less...stuff to run?

Edit: I'm an adult now and still hate it. It made me legit cry as a kid lol

Edit 2: I just read it again after years to see if its as bad as I remembered, it is lol it REALLY makes me uncomfortable. I did the Message Rule trick but you still get the notif for it, they NEED to remove this feature it is so cruel
cats135

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sashtato » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:39 am

Here to post again, maybe if we bother this forum enough they’ll get the idea and remove it.

I’ve been struggling trading a LOT lately because I’ll get messages from users but won’t even see them because I didn’t realize the last trade I sent backed up my messages and put a bunch of stuff on hold because of ONE message from the SITE that is entirely HARASSMENT!

There are features on this site I like and don’t like, things I wish we had or didn’t, but none of them are really a big deal because I like CS. I cannot stand this feature though, like you said above, it is straight cruel, and if trading pound pets isn’t punishable it should absolutely be removed.

It’s seriously disturbing to me that something like this exists for the sole purpose of making users feel bad for using the primary function of the site: trading. There is no other logical reason for it to exist and that drives me crazy. Not to mention how messy and backed up my messages are from it, which also drives me crazy since we have a limited amount of messages.

Stop trying to emotionally hurt/distress your users! Change this feature!

ImageImageImageImage
I may be slow to respond or
get anxious over certain messages
or posts, I apologize in advance!
ImageImageImageImage

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
My sister in law <3
My best friend <3
My Husband <333
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Nelinha | She/Her | Adult | Sped Para | Disabled

Sashtato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby answrs » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:22 pm

the worst part is even with all the workarounds (blacklisting the key words, user, etc) to not see the guilt trippy chastisements, even then you STILL get a "Messages (1 New!)" alert on the top banner, which spikes my anxiety Every. Single. Time. because I know exactly what it is even though I don't see it anymore!

the mail doesn't appear in your inbox but you still have to check every time to clear the notif and it's driving me batty.

I'm still completely baffled and appalled that this has continued even this long after the discussion was brought up! it's been ELEVEN YEARS!
After 11 years of seeking, I finally obtained my all-time dream on October 1, 2020 ;w;

answrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cats135 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:27 am

answrs wrote:the worst part is even with all the workarounds (blacklisting the key words, user, etc) to not see the guilt trippy chastisements, even then you STILL get a "Messages (1 New!)" alert on the top banner, which spikes my anxiety Every. Single. Time. because I know exactly what it is even though I don't see it anymore!

the mail doesn't appear in your inbox but you still have to check every time to clear the notif and it's driving me batty.

I'm still completely baffled and appalled that this has continued even this long after the discussion was brought up! it's been ELEVEN YEARS!

Omg the notif still makes my anxiety go YEET. And as said above, I AGREE. The site has some stuff that could be changed or fixed, but NOTHING angers me more than this pound message.

It Legit made my cry as a kid and you can search the old posts, I in my sorrow made a thread about how sad it was back then XD (It got locked right away).

It still makes me wanna cry today and it does legit file under breaking the sites tos so. Can we do something about it please XD Who even likes it? Can we get a poll?
cats135

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sashtato » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:17 pm

Just coming here to say - I just canceled a few trades, but then got a message notification which gave me a LOT of anxiety. I was afraid that maybe someone messaged me upset about a canceled trade, only to find out that it was a dumb message from a PET I had just sent in a new trade. HORRIBLE!! A lot of users I know struggle with things like anxiety. As someone with Autism this kind of thing is unbelievably stressful because I spend a lot of time mentally preparing myself before opening my messages, trying to script what I might say in response to any number of possible messages, only for it to be this. Why? Why does a game that’s supposed to be fun and laid back intentionally harm the mental health of its users because of a non-rule? If it was an actual CS rule then fine, I get it. But it’s not, so why is this still a thing?

ImageImageImageImage
I may be slow to respond or
get anxious over certain messages
or posts, I apologize in advance!
ImageImageImageImage

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
My sister in law <3
My best friend <3
My Husband <333
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Nelinha | She/Her | Adult | Sped Para | Disabled

Sashtato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Unilluminate » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:51 pm

support!

like answrs said, even with blacklisting it still shows that you got a message and i am not a fan as being private messaged in general makes me super nervous. pm anxiety aside, its just annoying LOL
matt
he/him
⚣ ⚧
UMAs
OFF-OEKAKI
TRADES

^
if u wanna gift someone consider gifting my friend :3
Unilluminate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KrillTakoyaki » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:05 am

Support! I'm personally not a fan of having to click on my messages to clear the notification, either, and it is genuinely emotionally distressing to some users on this site. Considering that so much of the CS ethos is based on being welcoming and accessible for all users, I think it would be kinder to have an option to at least toggle those messages off :)
xImage
┌───────┐

🪻Charlie 🪻

🪻They 🪻

🪻Adult 🪻

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

└───────┘

𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘻𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦.
𝘚𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘧𝘵 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘧𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘵.
𝘓𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥: 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩.
𝘈𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦.
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘯𝘰𝘸.

ImageImageImageImageImage

┌───────┐

└───────┘
xImage
KrillTakoyaki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery