Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option. POLL ADDED

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support?

Yes
13%
No
14%
I'd prefer it being changed to "transfer to pound"
70%
Neutral
3%

Total votes : 1045

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option. POLL ADDED

Postby Jay1 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:51 am

No support.

What I want to do with my pets, I should be able to do to my pets. Besides, me deleting a few pets isn't going to affect the economy. Maybe some people have the power to actually change the rarity of a pet, but that's their choice. I don't see how it's much different from people hoarding pets. Sure, the pets are still in existence, but the hoarders are holding so many of their selected pets that they aren't trading. The said pets are getting withheld from people who may not have even one of those pets yet, and isn't the whole point of a hoard to hoard? Hoarders aren't going to trade their hoard. The hoarders could be hoarding a common rarity pet that may actually be considered uncommon or even rare should they delete their hoard (minus, say, one for collection purposes).

Some people have said "then just gift those pets" or something along the lines of "do something nice with the pets instead of 'hurting the economy'" but some people aren't set up for that or don't have the incentive. If you want to see those pets given to someone and not deleted, trade that person and give them pets they may want or are missing. People are going to be selfish, there's no changing that, but if deleting pets is sooooo bad, you can try to curb the deletion of pets by giving people the incentive not to.

I am in full support of adding a button that's basically a "send to the pound" button, but I want to keep the option to delete my own pets should I choose to. They're just images and lines of code, they're not real, they don't have feelings...
I stop by randomly nowadays. Send a message if you need me.

^^ furthest dc breeding project outcome ^^
scroll
message me here if you want anything bred or something.
Jay1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CHINARIZING » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:24 pm

Support. It is an outdated feature.

To those saying that it's a right that comes to owning the pet, would it be any different if the "delete" button was instead an automatic send to the pound? People should be able to play however they want, but deleting the pet and sending it to the pound are very similar things (to the person with the pet) as it gets rid of their undesired pet. However, one gives the pet to the pound so that it isn't eternally lost.

CHINA 🐲 HE/HIM | ADULT PLAYER | ASIAN-AMERICAN
══════════════════════════════════════════
TRADE THREAD | ART THREAD | ART STORE

art, my OCs, working out, pins/buttons, charms/keychains, E/SE Asian cultures, WACA, WoF, SU, MLP, Minecraft, countries, bully breeds, country personifications, pop punk, alt rock, indie, midwest emo, flags, furry visnovels, obscure horror, early Internet

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
CHINARIZING

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby useless witch » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:13 am

A crazy idea I thought up just now

Just move the button somewhere else.
That's all I want tbh, I keep clicking on it and it annoys me.

Just a PSA to the loud minority opposing this suggestion, the popular vote is for the delete button to be changed to sending to the pound. Sorry to say
Image β€’Π’Π°Π½Π΄Π°β€’ Image
ImageImage
useless witch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lanayru » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:23 am

CHINARIZING wrote:Support. It is an outdated feature.

To those saying that it's a right that comes to owning the pet, would it be any different if the "delete" button was instead an automatic send to the pound? People should be able to play however they want, but deleting the pet and sending it to the pound are very similar things (to the person with the pet) as it gets rid of their undesired pet. However, one gives the pet to the pound so that it isn't eternally lost.

Personally, yes it would still be different. While sending pets to pound should 100% be made easier and instantaneous (instead of needing to send a trade) that shouldn't trump people's right to ultimately do what they want with their own pets. There are some pets with sentimental value I don't want to end up going to someone who I don't know which is what'd inevitably happen with the pound and tbh letting them rot on my account when I quit would most likely end up being MORE irritating to ppl seeking that pet.
Click the cat for my FR!
Lanayru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CousinEnby » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:08 pm

not sure if it's possible to code the pound transfer option to be instant (idk how mode coding works tbf) but if that is possible, then i'd definitely be up for that

would so much rather any pets i don't want be given to someone that might! like some have said, when you could adopt an unlimited amount of pets, that might've made sense, but since we can only get so many anyway.... it's so scary to think we might accidentally click it, or to wonder if some people delete pets to rig the value :( i think we'd all be better off without it
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
You are valuable
because you exist!

πŸ₯° Image πŸ₯°

Image Image Image Image
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
CousinEnby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nexius » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:17 pm

Support!
Nexius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kamisato » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:20 pm

Absolutely keep that button.

Our society values resources in line with their rarity and availability. Diamonds are valued at such high prices because they are extremely hard to source and exist in finite quantities. In comparison, there are abundant and almost infinite number of cubic zirconia because they can be readily made available through the laboratory.

Deleting pets will drive the increase of its rarities. Older rares are extremely sought only because there are such limited amounts of them. Most of the time the 'love' stems from rarity, NOT design! Imagine if a sunback's rarity is VC/Common - would people still 'love' them? Oh absolutely no!

Removing the 'delete' function is unlikely to affect CS' pet rarities significantly. In the situation where, a player controls such significant numbers of a copy of a particular pet such that they have the capacity to substantially affect its rarity, I see no reason as to deprive them of the ability to delete copies of the pet. It would be extremely challenging for one player to obtain such amounts in the first place. The reason for their deletion is immaterial. As the owner of the pets, they should have full right to retain, trade and to dispose of them.
Currently only trading for these dogs:
Kamisato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lifora » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:51 pm

Support! It obviously hurts CS, you already have pets 'leaving the trade system' by being on inactive accounts. There's no need to delete them, imo. Over time it just hurts.
I'm an artist.

When I order art, please message me when I ask you too! I do NOT always recheck forums as I am a busy person. There's a chance I won't have payment, I only keep payment when I know that a commission was accepted.
Lifora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wlw » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:13 pm

honestly, since it seems like a lot of people are in favor of keeping the button, i'd much rather prefer it at least be removed on store pets. since they never get rereleased, there's a very real issue that someone could delete a handful of really old store pets of the few that are still in circulation of the site, and suddenly no one gets to have them anymore. at least other pets will always be rereleased, but with the staff confirming they will never rerelease store pets, i would like for them to also never be able to be deleted. it seems balanced with the rule they already have in place.

edit: i also wanna say, if deleting store pets isn't something that happens much/enough to have an impact, i still stand by the fact that its silly to have an absolute zero budging rule on never rereleasing store pets, but still let players delete them. it doesn't make any sense. once someone buys one, it should be here to stay. regardless of if most will just rot on peoples accounts as well.

simon - she/he | art thread
wlw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowKatto » Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:39 am

Support!