palestine liberation phrase

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

palestine liberation phrase

Postby hjarta » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:26 am

"from the river to the sea, palestine will be free" isn't allowed anymore according to CS staff who told me to remove it from my signature a few days ago. I think it should be allowed and I think they need to stop deleting my posts about it since Zeena literally suggested I do this
do your daily clicks

FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA, PALESTINE WILL BE FREE
resistance is justified when people are occupied
IN OUR MILLIONS IN OUR BILLIONS, WE ARE ALL PALESTINIAN
hjarta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: palestine liberation phrase

Postby Sharpy » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:29 am

It might not be the phrase itself, but more to limit the amount of political discourse it causes? Even if it's not inherently political, it can still raise tensions.
Sharpy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hjarta » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:31 am

Sharpy wrote:It might not be the phrase itself, but more to limit the amount of political discourse it causes? Even if it's not inherently political, it can still raise tensions.

that's what an admin said but all I did was put it in my sig. I don't get why people who have issues with it don't just block and move on you know?
do your daily clicks

FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA, PALESTINE WILL BE FREE
resistance is justified when people are occupied
IN OUR MILLIONS IN OUR BILLIONS, WE ARE ALL PALESTINIAN
hjarta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ApocalypseAxolotl » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:33 am

"From The River to The Sea, Palastine will be free" is too politically charged, however, according to staff, "I support Palastine Liberation." Is less politically charged and perfectly fine lol its the same phrase, and if anything, a lovely rhyme is much better than such a sterile statement
Last edited by ApocalypseAxolotl on Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
From The River to The Sea, Palestine will be Free
ApocalypseAxolotl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sharpy » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:33 am

hjarta wrote:
Sharpy wrote:It might not be the phrase itself, but more to limit the amount of political discourse it causes? Even if it's not inherently political, it can still raise tensions.

that's what an admin said but all I did was put it in my sig. I don't get why people who have issues with it don't just block and move on you know?

Well, if it were so easy, sure haha. But as it stands, some people go out of their way to look for drama, and I assume that's what staff want to avoid.
Sharpy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonmaster11 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:38 am

i don't quite understand what their (CS staff's) problem is with it. i know it's political but isn't LGBT pride also political, and there's pets every June themed round it (not at all a criticism btw! i'm trans and very very pan, pointing it out for the hypocrisy)? isn't everything that any minority has to go through political, which is completely allowed on the site?
maybe i don't get some kind of subtle differences or something but i don't get what's so 'political' about showing support for the aversion of a genocide
BLACK LIVES MATTER.

lukey • he/they • furry • adult • no fixed abode traveller (UK) • funghi forager and enthusiast

—> 💜my trading thread!!💜 <—

ImageImageImage

pic in avatar drawn by defresh!
dragonmaster11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simon » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:13 am

I want to make it clear that we have always allowed showing support for Palestine and awareness relating to the topic.

Staff have been discussing this specific issue and for now we are allowing this phrase. Please keep in mind that our priority is always to keep CS a family friendly site so if we see that the phrase causes heated debate or fighting we deem inappropriate in the future, we may need to re-evaluate our stance.
Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me