Streamlining the Pet Archive

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Streamlining the Pet Archive

Postby ACat » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:43 am

Hello! I'm not sure if this thread has been made before but there's a few minor additions/changes I think could be made to the archive to improve it :>

These are:

- Add an option to sort by growth stage e.g PPS / Fully Grown
- Optimise search to be able to filter by both a species and artist at once (I know a couple exist already like Tess Horses and Malk pets)
- Filter by specific events, subcategorised by years (instead of going to a year then looking for the event)

I'm not sure if this totally makes sense but if anyone has other suggestions please add them!!
ACat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Streamlining the Pet Archive

Postby Celozon » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:06 am

Sorting the archive by PPS has been declined in the past, you can see it listed in the declined suggestions here;
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=4111535

The way pets are displayed in the archive is that it shows the whole litter whenever one pet in that litter applies to the category being filtered for, so if you are looking for PPS pets it would show the entire litter if it includes a PPS pet, rather than showing only the PPS pet.

This is also already a thread for being able to sort the archive by both artist and species (I actually found several threads but all only have 1 or 2 posts, this was just the oldest one);
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=3557896

As for filtering by event, I guess I just personally don't see any particular need for that. You would still need to switch each year manually so its basically just saving you the amount of time it takes to find the event you want in the list of events and clicking on it, which has never really been an issue for me.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me