New type of auction system for C$ only

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

New type of auction system for C$ only

Postby Toxic_love » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:46 am

Create a new type of auction where you are able to list a pet up for auction, select a starting bid in C$, and the pet goes away for auction for a period of time and people are then able to bid up from the selected starting bid. At the end of the allotted time the pet would either go to the highest bidder or back to the owner if no bids were made.

ex: I list a pet with a starting bid of 20C$, someone bids 20c$ and then someone else out bids that person and bids 30 c$, if no other bids are made it will go to the highest bidder.
ascension

Toxic_love

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New type of auction system for C$ only

Postby kyte » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:57 pm

no support at all. it would be absolutely ridiculous and hurt the economy of CS imo. you have users with thousands of c$ from trades would be able to sit and get every single one of the special store auction pets.

this is something best left to the auctions forum and run by users with existing pets.
ImageImageImageImage

hey y'all

im error/kyte.

i can be blunt and take things too seriously

i promise im not trying to be mean

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
kyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wlw » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:09 pm

kyte wrote:no support at all. it would be absolutely ridiculous and hurt the economy of CS imo. you have users with thousands of c$ from trades would be able to sit and get every single one of the special store auction pets.

this is something best left to the auctions forum and run by users with existing pets.

i don't think i quite understand your reply, are you saying this system would be used by cs to release new store pets? i think op is suggesting a user-run system where if people wanted c$ for their pets, other cs users could bid on them. of course people do already do this in the auctions thread, but some other sites do have a separate system for currency-only auctions, so it wouldn't be super crazy of cs to implement one, if possible given the coding limitations of the site. this could also allow for easier selling of lower rarity pets, as people on the auction forums are usually auctioning off/looking for higher value pets. as it currently stands, in order to find people selling low value pets for c$, you have to search through the trade thread until you find someone with a c$ shop that MIGHT have the pet(s) you want

anyways

tldr; support, would be a nice qol feature if possible for coding, would make looking for user sold pets a lot easier

simon - she/he | art thread
wlw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby huskyhiccups » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:20 pm

Copy-pasting part of what I wrote on a thread called "Organization Filters and Features":

I think it could be really beneficial to have a store/shop where players can list their pets and/or items for C$.
    The reason I think it would be beneficial is because all pets that are currently for sale for C$ would be listed in one place. Players could easily search for the pet they want to buy or see what price their rare pet is selling for, how often it is being sold, etc. (purchases remain anonymous)
    It might also help drive prices/demand down if people become competitive with their pricing. If I want my rare pet to sell fast, I'm going to undercut the other guys by 1-10 C$. And for items, it might help people understand which items are rarer or more in demand depending on their pricing! :)

However, I haven't thought the idea through fully, so there could be some obvious downsides I'm missing.
ImageImage
Call me Mew or huskyhiccups! (she/her) ♡
I love
coffee, RuPaul's Drag Race, Smosh, Final Fantasy XIV,
Star Stable, The Sims, Kingdom Hearts, and Danganronpa!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
UR, OMGSR, & old store pet countmy listomy FR

❤️️🧡💛💚💙💜 HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! ❤️️🧡💛💚💙💜
huskyhiccups

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starfalling » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:05 am

Store like functionality with immediate purchase yes, but auction system probably no. That feels like edging too close to unintentionally making CS pay-to-win because people with a decent chunk of real money to spend could just throw in a huge bid and pretty much be safe that they've won whatever high demand or old rare pet they're trying for

kyte wrote:no support at all. it would be absolutely ridiculous and hurt the economy of CS imo. you have users with thousands of c$ from trades would be able to sit and get every single one of the special store auction pets.

I agree with this concern
If I'm not answering, I'm probably at work. I usually get on in the late evening my time (listed timezone below)

Pronouns are they/them and you can call me Starfalling, M, or Morgan. I'm in Pennsylvania which is on EST (CStime -4)

I love trading, although I'm recently back from a long hiatus so I'm not fully up to date on demand. For any current event pets, I’ll only trade them away if I have a double, and I don't trade growing pets Real life got hectic and I somehow missed the whole month of May on here. Looking for all May pets, will keep WL updated as I go

I use bold a lot because it's easier for me to read, since you can't change other people's font size and being zoomed in constantly is annoying

I am a holibomber!
Sig was getting long, my counts have been moved to trade rules

Starfalling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby echo into void » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:10 am

i like the idea of being able to “list” pets at certain prices (kind of how people do with c$ shops to begin with) but all in one place. being able to search for the specific pet you’re after to see if anybody is selling it would be HUGE for collectors.
i do believe having an auction system would not be beneficial because it would end up pitting users against each other which is not in the spirit of cs.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
echo (they/them)
snowclan wermz
the sanctuary
currently: happy holidays!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
echo into void

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery