─ ✰ Stars #3500 tryout - DNP ✰─

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

─ ✰ Stars #3500 tryout - DNP ✰─

Postby Timid-Decidueye » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:56 am

A Crow's Caw [WIP]

Cat(s) used in this story:

divider from Jival

Paws crunched into the snow below, the distant cries of a young kit could be heard ever so faintly. Distant meowing came from the thick, dense blizzard. The kit could only see a faint silhouette of a cat coming towards her.

The figure came closer, his golden coat now apparent. He frowned with worry, his gaze softening against the young, shivering kit. He crouched down, resting as close to the kit as he could. "Are you able to climb on?" He questioned, looking at the frail frame of the kit next to him.

She shivered weakly, and with much effort, climbed onto his back. She laid on top of him weakly, sneezing and shivering. The older tom started to trek his way through the snow, his head tilted against the snow falling heavily against the two.

The golden tom checked in with the small, stiff-bodied kit every so often before they eventually made it to a snow-covered tree. He crouched down, let the kit roll off his back, and started to dig at the snow at the base of the tree. A small burrow under the tree's trunk had been uncovered and he picked the kit up by the scruff and shimmied inside with the young one. He placed her down on a bed of leaves and curled up around her, using his tail to provide at least a small bit of warmth in this dreadful blizzard.

"Kid, you alright?" He questioned in a soft tone, trying not to startle the poor kit. "Do you have a family? A mother? Maybe even siblings..?" Though, as he expected, he got no answer from her. He sighed, licking the top of her head to try and clean her dirty coat. "How long have you been out there, kid?" He tried again. This time, he heard a faint squeak before a crackled, sore-sounding voice answered him.

"I don't know... A few... Hours? It's so c-cold..." The small voice said, shivering next to what little warmth the golden coated tom provided against the blizzard outside the tree.

"What's your name?"

"Wolf..."

A smile played across his face as he wrapped his tail carefully around the small one. "You seem more like a fluffy crow than a wolf."

The kit, now discovered to be named "Wolf", wrapped her tail around her body, pressing herself into the golden tom's coat.

"Well, you told me your name, so I'll tell you mine." The tom started, "my name is Keishi. I'm a God of a small clan of cats not too far from here. Let's say I bring you there, kid? They can take care of you there."

Wolf looked up at Keishi, her muzzle twitching from the cold. "Just until we find my family?" She asked, her words shaking.

Keishi frowned at the little kit. "I'll be honest, kid, your family probably didn't survive the blizzard."

Wolf sighed, then leaned her face into the fluff on his chest before promptly falling asleep. Keishi looked down at the sleeping kit, now only noticing the missing back leg. "They won't judge... Or at least Tawny won't." He placed a gentle paw over the shivering Wolf and pulled her in close. He rested his head down next to her body, closing his eyes.

XXXX/XXXX/XXXX
"Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree."
Toyhouse! PokeFarm Q! King-Lulu-Deer ©
Hello :3 My name is Forrest, pleased to meetcha!
I hoard pets that give me serotonin (Lions, Snakes, Otters)
Autumn >>>> any other season
Timid-Decidueye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me