Stars #3500 ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ FogDrift

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

Postby Macabre. » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:08 pm

“QuailJump can you tell me the story again?”

“Again? Haven’t you heard it enough? You must have memorized it by now.”

“I want to hear it again. Please?”

“Ok FogKit, settle in. It was a nice day, no hint of snow in the air…”

“FogKit.” SpiderStar called out across the camp clearing. “You are now six moons old, from this night forward you will be known as FogPaw, and your mentor will be BlizzardFur.” As FogPaw approached the clan leader, SpiderStar dipped her head and whispered into FogPaws ear, “When you become a warrior you can choose to stay or leave. But you must be trained. What good will you do to the clan, or yourself if you can't hunt or fight?”

“I understand SpiderStar. Thank you.” FogPaw whispered back.
Last edited by Macabre. on Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:58 am, edited 6 times in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:33 pm

Last edited by Macabre. on Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:33 pm

Despite trying to throw himself into his training, FogPaw couldn't help but think of his early life outside the clan. How had he gotten into clan territory? Where was his mother? Or father? Did they leave him behind on purpose, or did something happen to them? FogPaw didn't know what was worse. Obviously his parents dying is awful but his parents leaving him to die instead might be worse.

“Ok FogPaw, you might be down a leg but prey and enemies won't care, you need to make sure your back leg is strong enough for two” BlizzardFur instructed. “Keep jumping on that back leg, make sure you keep your balance, it might help to start off leaning on a tree or rock.”

“Keep your back leg centered under you when you crouch, leap with your front paws outstretched. It doesn't matter if you stumble after you've caught your prey, all that matters is you catch it.” BlizzardFur shouted from across the training quarry. FogPaw was practicing on a small rock he was supposed to pretend was a mouse.

FogPaw knew BlizzardFur was trying to be kind while correcting his form but FogPaw was becoming overwhelmed. Tears pricked his eyes as he tried to control his breathing. “I need a break.” FogPaw said.

BlizzardFur padded across the quarry, sitting down next to FogPaw where he crouched on the hard packed ground.

“You’ve had a hard start to life, but you can't let that define you. You either sink or swim and I'm not going to let you sink.” BlizzardFur meows softly. “We can go slowly, there is no need to rush. Take some time to collect yourself, we’ll meet back here tomorrow at sunhigh.”

FogPaw sat in the quarry while BlizzardFur trotted out, heading back to camp. Looking around FogPaw decided to head somewhere he had only heard about in QuailJumps stories. Stumbling through the forest, trying to jump over tree roots, and scramble over rocks, FogPaw didn't think he could make it. His legs ached and his paw pads stung. Maybe he should just give up, he thought sagging against the side of a rock. It wasn't really that important to see the tree where he was left as a kit.

“No! It is important!” FogPaw hissed, jumping to his paws, filled with a renewed sense of purpose. It was something he needed to see. Forging on, he drew closer and closer to the clan's border. Up ahead he could smell the faint scent of the twoleg path, now he only had to search for a tree with roots that split into a cradle.

He weaved clumsily through the trees lining the path, and he knew exactly when he reached the correct tree. Something felt oddly familiar about it, he didn't remember much about his rescue, mostly the cold freezing into his bones, an ache that took forever to fade. But something about the way this tree reached towards the sky, and the roots rising above the hard soil, felt almost comforting. He curled up in the roots and fell into a fitful sleep.
Last edited by Macabre. on Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:58 am, edited 5 times in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:34 pm

Last edited by Macabre. on Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:35 pm

FogPaws dreams were fragmented. Visions of the forest, paws running on hard packed ground, teeth pricking his scruff, the cold snow soaking into his fur.

No path can lead you there or back. You need to go alone.X

FogPaw jolted awake, whose voice was that, echoing in his ears? It was eerily familiar, but seemed to slip out of his memory. FogPaw huffed and shook himself, he needed to get back to camp.

It seemed to take forever to make his way back to the clan. It was almost sunset by the time he finally made it to the camp, and all he wanted to do was eat and then sleep, hopefully without any more dreams. Padding into camp he saw BlizzardFur seemed to be waiting for him by the apprentice's den, with a bundle of herbs, and a squirrel.

FogPaw felt a wave of shame wash over him. He did not feel as though he deserves such a kind mentor. BlizzardFur has gone out of his way to help him at every turn and FogPaw in return was antagonistic. As FogPaw approached, head bowed guilty, BlizzardFur said “I was getting worried, I thought we might have to send out a second rescue mission.”

“It just took me a while to get back,” FogPaw answered. “Thanks for watching out for me, I know I haven't done much to deserve that but I'll do better, I promise.”

“Then the time I gave you to think was beneficial?” BlizzardFur asked hopefully.

FogPaw nodded his head. “Very, I’ll be ready to give it my all at sunhigh tomorrow.”

“Good. Then eat your herbs and squirrel and get some rest, I'll see you at sunhigh.” BlizzardFur twitched his tail and padded over towards the warrior den. FogPaw gratefully tucked into the squirrel, and not so gratefully swallowed the bitter herbs, “I should have eaten the herbs first,” he thought.

Slipping into the apprentice's den, FogPaw curled up in his nest of moss and fell quickly into another fitful sleep. “No path can lead you there or back. You need to go alone.” echoing in his dreams.
Last edited by Macabre. on Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:36 pm

Last edited by Macabre. on Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FogDrift jolted awake, same as every morning science receiving his warrior name. He was really getting sick of the sudden wakefulness, wishing he could have just one drowsy morning. Carefully picking his way out of the warriors den he noticed it was still well before sunrise. Sighing, he padded to the clearing in the center of the camp and sat, looking up at the stars twinkling above.

“I knew from the moment the first patrol came back with no news that you would be called away.” SpiderStar meowed softly from behind him. FogDrift startled, he hadn't heard SpiderStar walk up behind him he was so lost in thought.

“BlizzardFur, is worried about you. He said since you became a warrior you’ve been having restless dreams.” SpiderStars eyes glowed gold in the moonlight.

FogDrifts dream whispered in his ears, “No path can lead you there or back. You need to go alone.”

“I need to go alone” He finally spoke, voice raspy.

“I know, FogDrift, sometimes the Celestials call us and all we can do is answer.” SpiderStar said, eyes toward the stars. “You’ve become a fierce warrior and fantastic hunter, you will do fine on your own. But remember, you always have a family here. ”

SpiderStar and FogDrift sat in the clearing together, shoulder to shoulder, watching the sun slowly rise. When the last of the stars disappeared SpiderStar stood, “Get some rest, you have much to do to prepare for your journey.”
Last edited by Macabre. on Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Last edited by Macabre. on Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:37 pm

FogDrift stared at all the cats gathered in the clearing eyes misting up. Every cat he was close to had gathered to see him off.

“Thank you for taking me in, IvoryClaw. You were the best mother I could have asked for, finding my birth mother won’t change that.” ScorchWing and BlizzardFur were sitting with their tails entwined. “Thank you ScorchWing for helping bring me home, and BlizzardFur you were the best mentor I could have asked for.” FogDrift cleared his throat, moving on to SpiderStar. “Thank you for accepting me into the clan, and training me.” Finally he turned to QuailJump, the elder who had found him and carried him through the snowstorm. “Thank you for finding me, and telling me the story so many times.”

Stepping back to address the whole group, FogDrift lifted his head and spoke, mindful of the other cats who were still sleeping. “I love this clan, but I need to know where I came from, why I was left behind.” FogDrift tried to keep his voice from wavering. “I’ll come back. Nothing can stop me from coming back to my family.”

SpiderStar bowed her head, “good luck on your journey young warrior.”

FogDrift turned and headed out the camp entrance, the goodbyes of his family echoing behind him. Mind on his mission, but heart tearing in two. There was only one thought on his mind.

I’ve seen you in a thousand dreams.
Last edited by Macabre. on Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:37 pm

┌───────────────────────────┐

Hello darkness, my old friend
    I've come to talk with you again
    Because a vision softly creeping
    Left its seeds while I was sleeping
    ⋆☆⋆
└───────────────────────────┘

┌─────────────────────────────┐

All my favorite songs are slow and sad
            All my favorite people make me mad
            ⋆☆⋆
          └─────────────────────────────┘

┌─────────────────────┐

I'm a reckless mistake
                      I'm a cold night's intake
                      I'm a one night too long
                      I'm a come on too strong
                      ⋆☆⋆
                    └─────────────────────┘

┌────────────────────────────────┐

So you gotta fire up, you gotta let go
                          You'll never be loved till you've made your own
                          You gotta face up, you gotta get yours
                          You never know the top till you get too low
                          ⋆☆⋆
                        └────────────────────────────────┘

┌────────────────────────────────┐

You're on a roll and now you pray it lasts
                      The road behind was rocky
                      But now you're feeling cocky
                      You look at me and you see your past
                      Is that the reason why you're runnin' so fast?
                      ⋆☆⋆
                    └────────────────────────────────┘

┌─────────────────────────────┐

Somewhere something is calling for you
            Two worlds, one family
            Trust your heart
            Let fate decide
            To guide these lives we see
            ⋆☆⋆
          └─────────────────────────────┘

┌───────────────────────┐

'Cause from then, rubble