Stars #3500 ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ FogDrift

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

Postby Macabre. » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:51 pm

┌──────────────────── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ────────────────────┐

Username: Macabre.
                  Cat Name: FogKit ☆ FogPaw ☆ FogDrift
                  Clan: BirchClan
                  Adopt Page: xXx
                  WC: 3,274
└──────────────────── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ────────────────────┘

𝕴𝖒𝖕𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝕮𝖆𝖙𝖘

𝕼𝖚𝖆𝖎𝖑𝕵𝖚𝖒𝖕

𝕸𝖔𝖚𝖘𝖊𝓢𝖙𝖊𝖕

𝓢𝖕𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖗𝓢𝖙𝖆𝖗

𝓢𝖈𝖔𝖗𝖈𝖍𝓦𝖎𝖓𝖌

𝕭𝖑𝖎𝔃𝔃𝖆𝖗𝖉𝓕𝖚𝖗

𝓘𝓿𝖔𝖗𝔂𝖈𝖑𝖆𝔀

Last edited by Macabre. on Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:56 am, edited 11 times in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

QuailJump is a BirchClan elder. A fierce warrior who retired after a nasty fall off the cliff at the edge of the training grounds. The fall hurt his back, causing it to ache and lock up if he aggravated it. Despite that QuailJump likes to stretch his legs, they aren't the part of him that hurts after all, and he loves exploring the territory, returning to old haunts.

“MousesStep do you have any herbs for my back?” Quailjump meowed into the entrance of the medicine cat den. “I'd like to walk around the territory to stretch my legs, and preferably get further than the entrance.”

“Yes, QailJump.” MouseStep replied, poking her head out from farther back in the den. “Take some Burnet, and daisy leaf, I might also have some lamb's ear. They will help with the soreness and pain, but don't strain yourself! you'll regret it tomorrow.” Mousestep meowed sternly. Lute, MouseSteps odd looking rat helper, that she found while looking for herbs by the twoleg territory, popped out of a crack in the rock wall, holding the herbs in his mouth. Squeaking he dropped them at QuailJumps paws.

“Thanks MouseStep.” QuailJump said. “It's a nice day, no hint of snow in the air, and I'll take it slow, and I won't go far.” turning to leave. “You better take it slow, you know what happens when you don't.” MouseStep called after him.

Flicking his ears in response, QuailJump sauntered out of camp. Reveling in the warm sun on his face, it was unusually warm for the end of LeafFall. LeafBare was approaching steadily, and QuailJump could feel it in his aching joints and smell it occasionally on the breeze. He meandered down the river, following the shoreline. He came to the stone crossing, and hopped across, careful not to get his paws wet. He knew he only had a small window of time to enjoy the sun and he intended to make the most of it.

QuailJump picked his way among the rocks lining the river, looking for the perfect sunning spot. He ended up pretty close to the twoleg path, further than he had intended to go, and he sent a small thought to ClestialClan hoping the twolegs wouldn't be bringing their dogs, or loud monsters out on such a nice day. Thankfully it seemed CelestialClan had heard him and he was able to have a nice long nap, sleeping right through SunHigh. He only awoke when he felt a rumble of hunger in his belly. He stretched leisurely, careful of his back, knowing the herbs must have worn off by now. Feeling the pain starting to twinge his spine he knew he must start back to camp.
Last edited by Macabre. on Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝕼𝖚𝖆𝖎𝖑 𝕵𝖚𝖒𝖕𝖘 𝕵𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖊𝔂
Last edited by Macabre. on Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:52 pm

Suddenly a strong wind blew, bringing a few snow flurries with it. Alarmed QuailJump scented the air, “snow?” he thought. “It wasn’t supposed to snow today.” QuailJump looked towards the sky, surprised to see the dark, heavy clouds rolling in rapidly. QuailJump got no more than two steps when suddenly another gust of wind brought a sound to his ears. It sounded like the wail of a newborn kitten. But what would a kit be doing out in the forest, in clan territory no less? The instincts of a warrior were hard to ignore even after retirement, and they were screaming at him to investigate.

Wary of the approaching snowstorm, QuailJump called out “hello? Is someone there?” he strained his ears, listening for a response. The only sound to reach his ears over the biting wind was another wail, sounding desperate. QuailJump huffed, he knew he'd have to get to the bottom of the mysterious kit. Snow was already starting to accumulate on the ground, making the rocks beneath his paws slippery and dangerous. QuailJump Picked his way over the rocks, slowly and carefully in the direction of the wailing. By the time he had reached the edge of the rock shore, where the twoleg path, and forest meet, QuailJump was breathing hard and feeling the pain growing along his spine. Pausing to catch his breath, QuailJump kept his ears pricked.

The cry was quieter now, weaker. Worried QuailJump called out again “Hello? This is BirchClan’s territory, and there's a storm coming, it's wise for you to Shelter elsewhere” Nothing answered him beside another gust of wind, carrying a small cry. It sounded extremely close. Stealing himself to come face to face with a hostile cat, QuailJump rounded a tree stump and came face to face with the small kit nestled in the roots. It looked to not even be one moon old, although its eyes were open. It peered up at him and let out another small mewl. Heartbroken QuailJump looked around, scenting the air but unable to smell the scent of another cat.
Last edited by Macabre. on Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:53 pm

Last edited by Macabre. on Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars #3500 ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ FogDrift

Postby Macabre. » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:53 pm

The snow was paw deep now, and the kit looked cold. QuailJump decided he could only do one thing, and he picked up the kitten by the scruff of its neck, and turned to make his way back towards camp. He wasn't sure how he would be able to get both himself and this kit back to camp, with the snow and his injuries, but determined to help this kit QuailJump plodded on. Halfway back to camp, just as he made it to the river crossing, he glimpsed a flash of orange through the blinding, swirling, snow. ScorchWing! Just on the other side of the river. “Over here” QuailJump called out.

ScorchWing bounded easily over the stones that rose above the water. “QuailJump! Thank ClestialClan!” ScorchWing exclaimed. “What do you have here? MouseStep sent me out looking for you because she thought you were injured, but it looks like you found a friend instead.” he purred.

“Yes I found him under a tree near the twoleg path, no sign of the mother. With the snow I couldn't just leave him.” QuailJump huffed, trying to catch his breath. “MouseStep sent you to fetch me?” QuailJump asked, “I thought everybody knew you hate the cold.”

ScorchWing rolled his eyes, “I wasn't fast enough getting into the warriors den.”

QuailJump huffed out a laugh, “I think i’m fine to continue, this little guy is heavier than he looks.”

“Let me take him the rest of the way, MouseStep gave me strict instructions not to let you strain yourself.” ScorchWing meowed, picking up the kit. With a wave of his tail ScorchWing made his way across the stepping stones, much slower this time. QuailJump following at a more sedate pace.
Last edited by Macabre. on Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:57 am, edited 5 times in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:21 pm

Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:46 pm

The two cats followed the river upstream to camp, battling the wind and snow. QuailJump couldn't help but think how unlucky it was that it was him who had found the kit, old and weak as he was. And how unlucky poor ScorchWing was to be sent out after him, as the name suggested he thrived in the hot GreenLeaf months and despised the cold.

Finally! After what felt like ages the entrance to the camp appeared out of the blizzards now whiteout conditions. They padded into camp, and right into the Medicine Den. Thankfully MouseStep was sitting in the middle of the den waiting for them. “QuailJump are you ok? I thought I told you not to go too far!” She scolded, “and who's this?” she asked, taking notice of the kit in ScorchWings jaws.

“I found him at the base of a tree by the twoleg path. I didn't see his mother, or any other cat.” QuailJump replied.

“And so you brought him back to me.” MouseStep meowed as she crouched by the tiny kit, sniffing him. She glanced up at SchorchWing. “Could you fetch SpiderStar and IvoryClaw? You can go to wait out the storm in your nest after.'' She started licking the kit vigorously as ScorchWing sighed in relief and darted out of the den.

After entering the Medicine Den QuailJump was becoming more and more aware of the pain zinging up and down his spine. It was coming back with a vengeance in the warm den after the numbing cold outside. “MouseStep could I have some herbs for my back?” he asked, reluctant to drag her away from the kit.

“Lute!” MouseStep shouted. “Bring QuailJump some burnet, and daisy leaf.”

“You should spend the night here, who knows how bad your back will be after today.” she added as Lute came scampering out from a crack in the wall holding some herbs in its mouth. He scampered over to QuailJump, setting the herbs at his feet with a squeak before scampering back into the wall. QuailJump Picked up the herbs and took them deeper into the den where he made a small nest, finally settling down after his long and exhausting day.
Last edited by Macabre. on Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:13 pm

SpiderStar was the first cat to enter the den, shaking the snow off. There was already a thick layer outside, enough to have covered the kit if QuailJump hadn't discovered them. IvoryClaw came in next, following close behind. “I heard there was a kit in here in need of a mother.” IvoryClaw pushed forward. SpiderStar rolled her eyes affectionately “we don’t know for sure this kit is an orphan, we may only be sheltering him temporarily.” She meowed.

“Well, I'm his mother for now.” IvoryClaw purred as she crouched down by the kit, taking over his grooming from MouseStep. MouseStep stood up, turning her attention to SpiderStar she said “The kit seems healthy overall, and no injuries. But he's cold and hungry, not to mention scared.” Turning to IvoryClaw she asked, “IvoryClaw if you wouldn't mind, could you nurse him in here overnight? He could become ill quickly after being out in the forest”

“Of course, this little guy won't want for anything while I'm here.” IvoryClaw meowed before she picked up the kit by the scruff of his neck, and carried him further into the medicine den, curling up next to the rock wall.

“IvoryClaw don't get attached, we may only shelter him temporarily.” SpiderStar warned. “I’ll be sending out a patrol to find his mother as soon as the storm passes.”

“Well it seems there are only two possibilities, either there is a she-cat out there missing their kit, or this little one needs a family, and until you find his mother i’ll take care of him, you know how I feel about kits, they're the most precious thing in the world.” IvoryClay said as she nudged the kit closer to her belly.

SpiderStar sighed, thinking about how hard it would be on IvoryClaw if they needed to return the kit to its mother. “Everybody get some rest, i'll be back to check on him once the snow stops.” SpiderStar announced as she turned tail and padded back out into the Blizzard, leaving the kit as well as QuailJump and IvoryClaw under MouseSteps watchful gaze.
Last edited by Macabre. on Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:12 am

Macabre.

My pets