๐”’๐”ฏ๐” ๐”ž'๐”ฐ ๐”…๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ข ๊•€ Stars #3394

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

๐”’๐”ฏ๐” ๐”ž'๐”ฐ ๐”…๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ข ๊•€ Stars #3394

Postby allynabean » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:32 pm

Imagexxx

โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
    โ•‘
    โ•‘
    โ•‘
    โ•‘
    โ•‘
    โ•‘
    Username: Allynabean
    Cat Name: Orca's Bane, "Orca"
    Affinity: Waterweaver
    Clan: Moonclan
    Orientation: Bisexual
    Other Details: Form for Stars #3394
    Word Count: 2627 Wordsxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    โ•‘
    โ•‘
    โ•‘
    โ•‘
    โ•‘
    โ•‘

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

credits wrote:fontmeme // stamps // ocean dividers // art by me
Last edited by allynabean on Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:08 pm, edited 26 times in total.
allynabean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

1 ๊•€ Moontouched

Postby allynabean » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:20 pm

๐“† ๐“†Ÿ ๐“†ž

The other dock cats were equally ecstatic and wary when Orca woke up drenched on dry land, orbs of water suspended in thin air around him. He was only five moons old at the time, young and energetic, and when the oldest of the dock cats took him aside, he listened to their tale with the awe only a kit could muster.

Long ago, so long no cats still alive were there to see it, there lived a great kingdom of cats like you. Some say they were blessed by the Moon, some by a great Water God- they had powers beyond anything you can imagine.

The tale was grand, and confusing, and Orca took to the idea like a fish to, well, water. It wasn't hard to believe the elder, when he could feel the push and pull of the ocean like his own heartbeat, no matter how far inland he strayed.

After taking several moons to practice, figure out what he could do, Orca decided it was time for him to go.

He needed to find other cats like him. There must be some, somewhere.

So the young waterweaver, not that he knew the name quite yet, caught a ride on a human boat and sailed off, searching for kindrid spirits.
๐“† ๐“†Ÿ ๐“†ž
Last edited by allynabean on Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allynabean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

2 ๊•€ The Crew

Postby allynabean » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:56 pm

๐“† ๐“†Ÿ ๐“†ž

Orca sailed for almost a year, hopping from ship to ship. He kept getting these dreams, showing him glimpses into the lives of cats he didn't know: a small silvery-pink spotted torbie; a fluffy brown-gold tabby with rounded ears and odd eyes; a tall gray cat with too many toes and a long tail; and a large striped black tabby with sharp-looking fangs and nasty scars. He'd never seen any of these cats before except when asleep, but he knew he was being led toward them.

They were important. He didn't really know what he believed in, as far as afterlife or goddesses go, but he had otherworldly magic and if the Goddess of the Sea wanted him to find these cats, by the Stars he would.

๊•€๊•€

Skipjack and Shrimp were first. Orca found them in a small human port-town, weaving between the fish-market stalls. The tall gray cat and small spotted torbie from his dreams stood in front of him, finally. He raced to catch up to them, introducing himself in a whirlwind of words.

โ€œHey, you two- Yes! Hi! Iโ€™m Orca- I have some questions for you!โ€

The older gray cat, who shortly introduced himself as Skipjack, was wary of Orca at first. Shrimp, the younger torbie, was just excited to meet another โ€˜waterweaverโ€™, as they called the magic.

The two seemed to believe Orca when he told them about his dreams. He settled in easily with them- heโ€™d been watching these cats for almost a full turn of the seasons, and in many ways they felt like old friends already.

Skipjack and Shrimp didnโ€™t have anything tying them down to the port, so after a day or two of getting to know each other, they agreed to follow Orca on his quest to find the other cats from his dreams. The three hopped a ride on a large fishing boat that was setting sail, content to follow where the sea took them.

๊•€๊•€

Selkie was next. The three became fast friends, Orca leading the crew, and it was only two ports later where they found Selkie. She was a large, intimidating tabby, with scars mottled across her dark fur and a sour look on her face- theyโ€™d ran into her as they were catching a ride on a human ship.

She wasnโ€™t happy to share her ship, her territory, but after theyโ€™d collectively made an attempt to calm her down, she sat down and listened to Orcaโ€™s story. Selkie was a waterweaver as well, as temperamental as the ocean, and twice as fierce.

She agreed to help them- sheโ€™d been growing bored of the human ship anyways, apparently. Next time they docked at a familiar port, Selkie led them to a secret of herโ€™s- in a cave off the beach, hidden beneath the cliffside, there was a long-abandoned human boat that Selkie said she used to sail on with her human, before.

The boat would be small for a human, compared to the large fishing ships they usually stowed away on, but for a handful of felines it was the perfect size. With their combined magic, it was an easy task to get her fixed up and out onto the open sea.

Orca, undisputed captain of this ship, led his three new friends through the vast oceans in search of other cats like them.

๊•€๊•€

The last of their crew took a little longer to find...

๐“† ๐“†Ÿ ๐“†ž
Last edited by allynabean on Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
allynabean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

3 ๊•€ The Kraken and Coral

Postby allynabean » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:07 pm

๐“† ๐“†Ÿ ๐“†ž

The Waveriders, as they collectively decided to call themselves, sailed with little issue for many moons. One of them would dive under the waves to hunt for fish when needed- Usually Orca, as he was the most dextrous swimmer and had a knack for catching fish before they even knew he was there. They would share stories under the light of the moon, curl up in their nest at the bottom of the boat, keeping each other warm. It was kinship like Orca had never known before, and he reveled in it.

One summer afternoon, the Waveriders were setting out from the last port-town they visited- the land had just disappeared over the horizon, and it was blue skies and blue waves as far as the eye could see.

Orca decided to take a dip, hunting for some fresh fish for his crew to eat. The same as always- dive over the edge, feel the ocean envelop him, let his lungs adjust to the water. Under the water, it was less a sense of smell and more of taste- still though, he could follow the trail a little ways down to where a school of silvery fish swam.

Catching two or three before they scattered was easy work, between his claws and fangs. He didnโ€™t see the massive shape below him until it was too late.

Back on the ship, Shrimp and Skipjack lazily made shapes out of suspended water, trying to guess what the other was making. A common game between the waterweavers. Selkie, however, was focused on the stretch of water where their captain had gone under- it never took him this long.

Then she saw the blood drifting through the waves, staining it red. Without a second to think, she dove down after Orca, following the trail of blood deeper and deeper.

Whatever had attacked him was gone by the time Selkie got there. Not all the blood was his, though, by the distinctly fishy tang in her mouth. Orca was barely conscious, deep gashes dug across half his body. Selkie dragged him upward to the boat, launching them both back onto solid wood.

The three tended to their captainโ€™s wounds as best they could, but none of them were healers. Skipjack, the best navigator of them, set the course for the nearest land, coaxing the ocean to pull them as fast as the boat could handle.

They landed on a beach, relatively empty of human activity. At this point Orca was barely hanging on, and even human intervention would have been appreciated- they just didnโ€™t want Orca to die.

The beach wasnโ€™t empty pf cats, though. They stumbled upon a tribe of cats who called the sand dunes and rocky cliffs home, who allowed them to take Orca to their healer in exchange for some of the fish theyโ€™d caught.

The healerโ€™s name was Coralโ€™s Edge. She was a brown-golden tabby, with odd, almost glowing eyes and a knowing demeanor. She took one look at the heavily wounded cat the Waveriders brought forth and ushered them out of her workspace. She needed to be alone with Orca to do her work.

Coral was blessed with magic as well, but not by the Sea- she could manipulate life itself, and had been practicing healing magic since she discovered it as a kit. She was one of the few in her tribe to be moontouched, and another young kit just presented as a lifebringer, giving her an apprentice to train up.

Orcaโ€™s wounds were lasting, though Coralโ€™s Edge was able to quicken their healing. She couldnโ€™t save his left eye, and some of the movement in his left foreleg might be stiff for a long while, but the older black and white tom was alive and breathing.

Leaving the Captain to rest, the other Waveriders told Coral their story. It was clear this cat with life thrumming through her fur was the missing link in their crew, the final one the Captain talked about.

The Waveriders spent almost three moons there while Orca recovered. The Tribe was kind enough to lend them a place to stay, and temporary companionship, as long as the waterweavers used their skills to help hunt and protect the Tribeโ€™s camp. Coral and Orca spent much time together, tending to his wounds, and Orca regaled her with tales of their travels, of the sea monster he fought.

Orca swore it was a kraken, or something of the like. Huge and sharp, with countless grasping tentacles and teeth that split skin with the merest touch. Coralโ€™s tribe had tales of such a creature, and recently cats had been going missing- the superstitious believed it was the sea monster, eating the kits who wandered too far from the tribe. Even so, nobody but Coralโ€™s Edge seemed to truly believe his tale of the creature that attacked him. No one had ever seen the thing and lived, of course,

The name Orcaโ€™s Bane started as a joke of sorts, at first. All the tribecats had two word names like that- Coralโ€™s Edge, Bright Eyes, Shattered Shell. Coral playfully called him Orcaโ€™s Bane one night, โ€œEach time you tell the kraken story it gets more outlandish! Next time thereโ€™ll be a killer whale in the mix too, and weโ€™ll start calling you Orcaโ€™s Bane!โ€

The name stuck, and while the tribe never officially gave him the name Orcaโ€™s Bane, the Captain never needed someone else to name him. Orcaโ€™s Bane fit like a glove, the name and title settling onto his scarred shoulders with a warm familiarity.

He was Orcaโ€™s Bane, Captain of the Waveriders, blessed by the Sea.
๐“† ๐“†Ÿ ๐“†ž
Last edited by allynabean on Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:14 am, edited 12 times in total.
allynabean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

4 ๊•€ Wanderer and the Clan

Postby allynabean » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:08 pm

๐“† ๐“†Ÿ ๐“†ž

When Orcaโ€™s Bane was healthy enough to leave the tribeโ€™s beach, Coralโ€™s Edge decided to join the Waveriders. They had a mission ahead of them that Coral needed to be part of- and her tribe had a new lifebringer to take her role, anyways.

The crew returned to the seas, figuring out how their new member fits into the dynamic theyโ€™ve created. Coralโ€™s Edge and Orcaโ€™s Bane often have spats, petty little things because neither is willing to back down, and โ€œBy the Stars, Orca, if you donโ€™t rest your legs for a little bit I will force you to!โ€ The rest absorb Coral into their family with relative ease- she filled a gap they didnโ€™t even know was there. The seas were calm and Orcaโ€™s dreams delightfully empty for the first time in a long while.

๊•€๊•€

The Waveriders travel. Itโ€™s what they do, itโ€™s in all of their blood. Sailing from port to port, looking for other cats like them, exchanging stories and helping where they can.

Thatโ€™s how they met Wanderer, a cat on a similar mission as them, though land and sky-bound. The chocolate windrunner and their bird companion hitched a ride on their ship, told them about a huge group of moontouched calling themselves Moonclan.

Normally, Wanderer explains, they would direct wayward moontouched to the clan, help them get there if need be. Though the Waveriders are doing pretty good for themselves, it seems.

Still, Wanderer suggests that they make the trek to Moonclanโ€™s mountain range, meet with Nightstar. They wonโ€™t be forced to join, but seeing the community theyโ€™ve created up thereโ€ฆ

If it wasnโ€™t in the middle of a mountain, Orcaโ€™s Bane mightโ€™ve been more excited about the idea. Coralโ€™s Edge urged them to consider it, though, and once one of the Waveriders was on board it was only so long until they were docking their ship inside a semi-hidden cave and following Wanderer through the mountains.

Moonclan was... impressive, if nothing else. Wanderer had sent their jay up ahead to let the Moonclan cats know they were bringing new moontouched, and the Waveriders were greeted with grand caverns and friendly cats. The casual use of their magic was something they rarely saw in their travels- what these cats had accomplished with it was truly breathtaking.

Nightstar, less so. She rubbed Orca's Bane the wrong way, though the large black cat was outwardly perfectly cordial and kind. Nightstar introduced her clan, told Orca about how she started it when he asked, talked about the feats they've accomplished here. They talked of the ancient kingdoms and the Lady Moon. Of Orca's own beginnings. The tension between the two leaders was palpable- But Nightstar commanded lightning, of all things, and Orca had no intentions of angering a clan with more cats than he could count. Not yet, at least.

The Waveriders stayed there for several nights, getting to know some of the Moonclan cats, especially the other waterwalkers. Coral's Edge got on well with Egg and Newtflick, and was especially interested with seeing how the lifebringers had begun gardening.

But the mountains made Orca's Bane feel trapped, and the huge crowd of cats was impressive, but more than he really wanted to deal with. Not to say joining Moonclan would require him giving up his role as captain, and he quite liked it. The Waveriders said their goodbyes, thanked Nightstar for her hospitality, and promised to keep in touch and send moontouched their way if they found some in their travels. Wanderer led them back to their ship, and the Waveriders set off once more.

๐“† ๐“†Ÿ ๐“†ž
allynabean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

5 ๊•€ Interview With the Waveriders

Postby allynabean » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:26 am

๐“† ๐“†Ÿ ๐“†ž

Skipjack wrote:
    "Cap'n is a good cat. He has the soul of a leader- you can see it in everythin' he does.
    I've been takin' care of lil Shrimp since 'e was a kit, just the two of us against the world,
    but I wouldn't ever trade that life for the crew. We've built somethin' worth protectin',
    the five of us. And I trust Capn' to keep us goin'."

๐“† ๐“†Ÿ ๐“†ž

Shrimp wrote:
    "Orca- or, Captain, or Orca's Bane if you're fancy- he's great! A little intense sometimes,
    I guess, and he likes to jump into trouble. More than even I do. He's a real 'trust your
    gut' kinda guy, likes to talk abt the Ocean and destiny a lot. He wouldn't ever tell you
    this, but I think he likes feeling important, like he'd doing good for a cause. Those dreams
    about us led him for a while, and now we're just lookin' for others like us. "

๐“† ๐“†Ÿ ๐“†ž

Selkie wrote:
    "Don't get me wrong, Captain's a decent guy. Has a good heart or whatever. But he's also
    ruthless, has a nasty streak on 'em that'll sneak up on you. Despite his size, he's earned
    my respect. Not many can say that. Maybe I can convince him to go after that Kraken
    one day. I'd love to sink my fangs into that thing."

๐“† ๐“†Ÿ ๐“†ž

Coral's Edge wrote:
    "Orca's Bane. A reckless, foolish, fiercely independent cat who somehow found a
    group of fools who will follow his every word. Can't say I'm not one of those fools.
    He'd fight the Sea itself if one of us was threatened, I think, and nothing's more
    important than that. Hates injustice and he likes to put himself into the middle of it,
    even when he should be minding his own business. I got a hell of a job keeping him
    from going too far. Stars know the Kraken was more than enough."

๐“† ๐“†Ÿ ๐“†ž

๐“† ๐“†Ÿ ๐“†ž

๐“† ๐“†Ÿ ๐“†ž

๐“† ๐“†Ÿ ๐“†ž

๐“† ๐“†Ÿ ๐“†ž

๐“† ๐“†Ÿ ๐“†ž

๐“† ๐“†Ÿ ๐“†ž

๐“† ๐“†Ÿ ๐“†ž
allynabean

My pets
My items