đź’› Where is my friend Smiley?

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

đź’› Where is my friend Smiley?

Postby epilogue » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:23 am

where is smiley? ♪

form for the chocolate & vanilla birthday adopts

usernames + ids:
mehrak 999649 & epilogue 759734

kal names:
dango & flan

div cred
Last edited by epilogue on Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

mm, have you seen smiley? đź©·

Postby mehrak » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:54 am

[1000/1000]

As the sun began to set, Dango felt themself sinking further and further into their own mind.

Why?

Tomorrow is their birthday.

Their heart feels heavy with worry, and they try not to think about it, but they just can't help it.

As if he could tell, their best friend Flan seems to happily chime into their conversation between them and their thoughts. "So! What are you thinking of doing for your birthday?" Flan chirps, asking the question innocently. It drags Dango straight out of their mind, and they turn to their friend with an exasperated expression. "You know I hate my birthday, Flan." they warn, flicking their tail in slight annoyance.

Flan knows that Dango is not frustrated with him specifically, more so... the concept of their birthday itself. Flan would never mind; he knows that Dango has never had anything either of the two of them would deem as 'good' for their birthday. Still, he can't help trying to make his friend think positively. In fact... he's quite positive that he'll be able to turn it around this year. "But still!" He replies, nudging his friend's shoulder gently. "You never know, maybe this year is the year you'll change everything around!"

"Sure," Dango replies, verbally and physically shrugging their companion off of them. As they fumbled with their bag to get their keys, their eyes briefly drift to Flan's. "I assume that I'll see you tomorrow?" The question is uttered quietly, but it seems to further lift Flan's mood. A sweet reply of "Of course!" is all they need, and they say their goodbyes as they wait for the next morning.

Once morning arrived, Dango is woken up to a loud knocking at their door. Rubbing their eyes, they rolled out of bed and opened the door, slightly confused. They're greeted with a loud "Surprise!" and their eyes widen and focus on Flan, who is holding a bouquet of flowers. "Get dressed, Dango! We're going out today!"

"What time is it...?" Dango grumbles, slowly turning so they can sneak back inside.

"Hey! You can't back out. Get dressed, hurry!"
"You ignored my question..."

Flan's tail was hooked around Dango's as they walked down the street. "Are you excited? I planned out the whole day for you!"

Dango kept silent.
While the pair walked, they looking around and wondering what the plan for today really was. Just because it's been planned doesn't mean something can't go wrong, they thought, their eyes shifting so they looked at their paws.

The pair began their day in town, visiting each and every one of their favorite spots. Flan pulled Dango into the arcade, despite their cries of "I'm tired! It's too early!", and they battled against and for each other on every single machine. Dango never knew Flan could be so competitive...
As they finished the last game, Flan cheered and Dango let out a sigh of relief as they gave each other an excited high five.

Was Dango... having fun? On their birthday?! No. Definitely not.

A growling stomach pulls Dango out of their thoughts, and Flan decides that they should probably head to the next spot.

Their next stop was the bakery. As they walked in, Flan rushed up to the counter and began to greet his friend Gracie. Dango looked around, frowning as he glanced at the cupcakes. Too sweet...

"Dango!" Flan calls out, waving his paw in a come here! motion. "I asked for my stuff! What do you want to order?"
"I'll have the cheese danish, please." They mumbled, and as Gracie went to go pick up the treats, Dango turned and began fishing for their wallet. Flan waves his paw in front of Dango's face, and Dango looks up in confusion. "I'm gonna pay! I insist!" Flan cries, placing the necessary amount of money onto the counter. As Dango sighs, Flan winks and sticks his tongue out. "You're the birthday boy, after all!"

As the two continued their adventure throughout the day, Dango found themself more and more happy, yet more and more overwhelmed with emotion. After going to the bakery, they headed out to the movies, exciting the theatre with a new found excitement and anticipation for the next installment of their favorite series. As Flan intertwined their tails, they found themselves walking into one last place... the park.

They walked and walked, passing by different friend groups and families spending the last few moments of the sun being out in the park. Flan was chatting throughout the entire walk, but Dango remained quiet.

As the sun began setting, they decided to sit down at a bench. with Flan leaning on Dango's shoulder.
"I had so much fun today! I hope you did too-" Flan begins, his voice cutting itself off once he hears a small sob.

"Dango?" He whispers, carefully leaning his head so he could look towards his best friend. Dango's eyes were full of tears, and they hid their face with their paw shyly.

Did he... fail? Was this birthday just as bad as the ones Dango celebrated without Flan?

"I.. I'm sorry!" Flan stutters out, reaching out to gently pull Dango's paw from their face. "If you need to go home, I understand! I didn't mean-"

Dango pushed away Flan's paw, and pulled him into a tight hug, breaking down into tears as he held his best friend close. The pair remained silent while Dango got everything out, with an occasional sniffle or coming out.

As they wiped their tears, they pulled away from Flan slowly, welcoming Flan to a warm smile. "Thank you," They sniffled out, unable to control a giggle as Flan stared at their happy expression with shock.
"You liked it..?" Flan said, still gaping at his companion.

"Of course I did! This was everything I could've asked for."

The words filled Flan with warmth, and tears began to fall as he pulled Dango into another embrace. "I'm glad," he says, barely above a whisper.

"Happy birthday, Dango."

⠀ ouija⠀⠀he co
    â € mw rennieâ €!
    ⠀ th ⚔️ my kals
    ⠀ ♥ i love my bf
mehrak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups