i have this recurring dream

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

Re: i have this recurring dream

Postby faelyn » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:59 am

every moon-soaked and saltsprayed part of me screamed… and it was my catharsis.
    i wanted to swallow down the saltwater that flutters in tiny cerulean ripples and watch myself wilt like a moonflower. but i do not. for my imminent doom is something wrought of feverish dreams and hellish desires.

the orla.
    the moon was drunk and the stars were endlessly intoxicated, and their reflections rancid in the waters below, extrapolated from something far more diabolical and sinister— for its very luster rouses the monster from its nightmarish state. it was like i’ve become icarus personified, with a body sculpted by things spurred from fragility and faltering beeswax. and with that, i stumble and waver beneath the burden of utterly nothing and my own dread.

and yet the sea monster slumbers onward.

gods.. i am such a fool. but the plan was simple. steal the source of the orla’s magic and become the conduit.
    i lurched further into the unnatural kiss of moonbeam walls— so close i could see the salt delicately coating scales of terracotta and inkdrop black. i heard the baritone beat of my heart in my ears… my throat… my lungs. and i heard the orla’s heart— a broken, monstrous thing shuddering to the swell of a little lotus flower and tendrils of something so divine it stifled the diaphanous edges of the universe itself.

it couldn’t be… but it was.
    for its petals unfurled as it bloomed in iridescent shades, appearing almost kaledscopic in the moon-soaked candlelight of night. at the very glimpse of light, it was almost like it had become a prism carved of glass, separating sallow ribbons of moonlight into its elements of carmine, chartreuse and cerulean.
    the source of the orla’s power.

i reached for the little lotus flower. and i reached. and i reached.
    before my flesh disappeared between pallid teeth, and liquid roses smelling of iron ores bloomed at my scream. i reeled backwards. the cupids bow of my lips parted in a soundless cry as silvery irisies met my own.

the orla had woken.
    its maimed frame was utterly gnarled and completely monstrous, and its spine crooked and grotesquely subluxated. its skin was stretched beneath the seductive kiss of imploding supernovas, turning it into something akin to crystalline leather, and warping its once existent curls until it became scales of terracotta and inkdrop black.

the orla bellowed… its words intangible and lost between reality and delusion.

i cannot think.
    i cannot feel.
    i cannot breathe.
    but i will not die. not like this. i will not die for nothing.

because i am icarus personified, the one with wings born from fragility and honeyed beeswax. the one who was so enthralled by the sun and flew a little too close. the one so consumed by his own desires, he flew headfirst into his doom.

and with that, i drove my claws into the orla’s eyes and watched them bleed.
    i. will. not. die.

and with that, i dove for the little lotus flower. i free-fell into the salt brine of the sea that smelled of oleander and foxglove. my hands splayed open as my skin became incandescent with tendrils of hibiscus, lavender and tangerine. the orla’s magic… and i would become it’s conduit.

and with that, i watched the world fall apart.
    seabeds fabricated of stardust and sand collapsed upon itself and became a milky way where ursa major splintered upon its indigo embrace. coral and sargassum wilted at my touch, crumpling into bone meal and honeyed rot. lacunas and voids yawned open in the salt-brined seas, devouring the very foundation of existence. while salted scales of terracotta and inkdrop black were preserved in the ravishing kiss of time, along with tarnished alabaster jaws.

and in the focal point of it all… i saw you.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faelyn » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:59 am

i have this recurring dream.
    it was where the sun revolts, the moon rages and the stars revolted to their demise. it was where the cavernous lips of the universe fractures open and swallows the salt of the sea, devouring every mouthful in an endless, greedy swallow.
    but this is not a dream. it is real.

arlo
    arlo
    arlo
    you say my name over and over again but i cannot hear. i cannot breathe. i cannot think. i wanted to hold you close. i wanted to memorize the freckles of tiny, barely-contained supernovas blooming in the honeycomb browns of your irises. i wanted to say your name, just to feel each lilting nuance of your name upon my lips.

“i did it.” i said it like a mantra. i said it like it could strip the agony blooming in every pore of my body. i said it over and over and over again. “i did it, elvie. you are free.”

but there is no relief in your eyes… just- i cannot describe it. “what have you done arlo?”

i’ve never fallen in of love before.
    but i think… i think you are falling out of love with me. i see it in the each honeyed fleck of your eyes as each sporadic hue dwindles. i see it in the way you avert your eyes as if you cannot bear to look at me. i see it in the way you shrink back as i stumble towards you. as if i am a monster. as if i could possibly hurt you. “gods arlo… i-i thought what i saw was wrong but i-”

“please, elvie. don’t run from me.” i cannot recognize the sound of my own voice. it sounds garbled… intangible as i reach for you, my touch against your marigold curls almost electric as you try to pull away from my grasp. the expression in your eyes was pained. “please, elvie… what did you see?”

your breath comes out in a sobbing gasp, one that racks your entire being.
    “the orla… it was you. i saw you in the orla’s eyes that day.” you are shaking, reeling back from me as if i was poison and you were the cure. “you are the orla, arlo. it’s been you all along.”

“i don’t understand, elvie… i don’t-”

and suddenly, you were screaming.
    the sporadic honeyed hue of your eyes wide and adorned in a rosewood haze as you tremble in my embrace. the delicate curve of your bones more prominent as a terrible shrieking noise blooms upon your lips.
    you scream
    and you scream
    and you scream as you wilt like a moonflower beneath the auburn kiss of the sun. as your eye sockets become empty and your marigold curls turn to ash in my hands. your bones rattle and you fall from my embrace. nothing more than a skeleton upon moonbeam walls. nothing more than a soul that once was.

because i was the orla. a sea monster so heartless and wicked, it poisoned the seas in its rage. it tore open the very fibers of the world and fell through time and space. whose touch is so vile, it drains the life from everything it touches.

and at that, i laughed. i laughed. and i laughed. and i laughed.
    because isn’t it funny? isn’t it funny how i said you were my ruination. how i said i would’ve rather twisted my neurons into stardust than lived without you?

isn’t it funny, my love? because at the end of the day, in every alternate universe, in every parallel reality, in every paradox and twist of time, i would be the death of you.

faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faelyn » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:00 pm

edit: credit to stan.
faelyn